Sign in to follow this  
KJAM

Which gui is better

which one do u think is better, the original one or the FDF mod one (the only one ive seen is the one for the 1.2 version so i dontknow if its changed)

I can take either one.

I don't see the major difference.

I agree with avon, the look is almost the same, however no differences in Menu items.

Yep, the main differences are in mission editor and multiplayer menus. And in my opinion both are much better than originals (more space, clearer fonts etc.).

FDF has high-res fonts and a much more spacious mission editor, so I'll have to go with that one.

Yep, the main differences are in mission editor and multiplayer menus. And in my opinion both are much better than originals (more space, clearer fonts etc.).

both??? how can it be wink_o.gif

both??? how can it be  wink_o.gif

Both the mission editor and the MP menus, I believe, is what NoRSu was referring to.

edit: erev tov.

I like the looks of the FDF one better.

The intros for the oficial islands are different, that makes a change from starting the game with the old desert island intro.

I prefere FDF.

About time someone comes with some good tutorials btw.

I like my own "GUI", which doesn't load any cutscene at all...  tounge_o.gif  My PC is not a demo machine FFS, I don't need to have all the cutscenes constantly loading/running in my own game.  biggrin_o.gif

hehe, its all good on the FDF mod 1, apart from the multiplayer and mission player pos. are mixed up

hehe, its all good on the FDF mod 1, apart from the multiplayer and mission player pos. are mixed up

...which I fixed in FDFmod 1.2... I think :P

I like my own "GUI", which doesn't load any cutscene at all...  tounge_o.gif  My PC is not a demo machine FFS, I don't need to have all the cutscenes constantly loading/running in my own game.  biggrin_o.gif

That sounds interesting.

How would I go about getting rid of the cutscenes? smile_o.gif

but you still haven't fixed the continue button not being automatically selected after you quit back into the mission editor :S

but you still haven't fixed the continue button not being automatically selected after you quit back into the mission editor :S

Its a nitpicky little thing but it gets annoying enough to keep me from using FDF for editing.

Thats because the same button is the disconnect button in multiplayer debriefing, and when its the default players often get accidental disconnects when the admin does restart/reassign/whatever.

That sounds interesting.

How would I go about getting rid of the cutscenes? smile_o.gif

remove islands anim folders?

I didn't remove them, I modified the anims maps to just look onto sea faaar away. smile_o.gif Yes though, something like that should be built into OFP2, a switch between Demo Machine and a game machine... lol biggrin_o.gif

simple way to get over that blackdog press ESC whne you get to the notepad where it says continue biggrin_o.gif