Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Flashpoint2.com updated?

What would be cool is if Guba overthrows the Soviet government instead of Yeltsin in 91 and a new Stalinist type government emerges and tries to retake the former Warsaw pact countries back.

Ah are those pics from OFP2 or VBS? Its a bit confusing i think and arent those pics of addons like BAS little birdies and INQ's A-10  biggrin_o.gif

just to correct you...

VBS1 doesnt looks like that VBS1 is looking like shit ( from what I heard from marines...)

So this is the real deal OFP2 is coming here biggrin_o.gif

What would be cool is if Guba overthrows the Soviet government instead of Yeltsin in 91 and a new Stalinist type government emerges and tries to retake the former Warsaw pact countries back.

AKA Ghost Recon.

People who dont know how it is to live under a dictator (in worst case Stalin) dont understand the full horor of it. So no, it wouldnt be cool.

People who dont know how it is to live under a dictator (in worst case Stalin) dont understand the full horor of it. So no, it wouldnt be cool.

I think he ment it would be cool for a game scenario  wink_o.gif

Anyway I had my fair share of living under a dictator known as Ceausescu.Life was hard,but still very unwiste to execute him on Christmas eve crazy_o.gif

i just have 2 words. Bis thank you! well that was 3 but you got the point

Maybe they make 2 games 1 old era games and 1 new era wink_o.gif

1- game for vietnam, afrika and europe like they said

2- A modern day game like war in Iraq

that would be cool or they are pictures from Independence Lost as a expansion pack for OFP2 who knows wink_o.gif

Yes it would.

From the OFP2-site:

Quote[/b] ]Authentic modern vehicles and equipment. Fly the latest military aircrafts and drive various vehicles in a wide variety of terrain

This sounds more like 'today' rather than 60-70's.

The A-10 came in '76.

When did the Bradley first make its appereance? mid-80's?

Has anyone got the site to load on 56k? I click the on button and nothing ever happens. All i get is a white bar.

it even takes a while on cable, prob due to traffic and the server being located overseas.

When i saw this new TV it already smelled fishy, after turning it on and seeing the screens i just had one though if they totally changed the idea behind ofp 2 and we now get a desert campaign where we play the us in a modern desert war then im pretty sure i wont buy it rock.gif

I loved the cold war setting but now another US campaign and then some setting that smells like iraq... nothing for me

They should at least include a russian or soviet campaign also im still waiting for a OFP1 Addon for the russian side in Resistance Quality... Redhammer was a Codemasters product and you notice that its absolutely low quality Story and mission wise sad_o.gif

I loved the cold war setting but now another US campaign and then some setting that smells like iraq... nothing for me

We don't know anything for sure about this yet, mate wink_o.gif

I agree with Shadow NX, sticking with a cold war scenerio is the way to go. It was one of the reasons I got interested in OFP in the first place.

Wow just visited the site again and something hit my eyes:

"the world has changed....pre-emptive action to ensure on-going stability"

The world has changed-it sure smells like 9/11

Pre-empive action-so this time you will be on the side that attacks lets say a country who is a threat for peace because it has maybe WMD wow_o.gif

I hope it`s not Iraq or Afghanistan..Not where the enemy is outnumberd,outgunned...Bah it`s to early to tell.. We are worrying to much..I am sure BIS won`t betray it`s fans and pop out with a comercial "War on terrorism" game..

Ah are those pics from OFP2 or VBS? Its a bit confusing i think and arent those pics of addons like BAS little birdies and INQ's A-10  biggrin_o.gif

just to correct you...

VBS1 doesnt looks like that VBS1 is looking like shit ( from what I heard from marines...)

So this is the real deal OFP2 is coming here  biggrin_o.gif

And to correct you, Suma stated about 3 months ago that they hadn't even started coding OFP2, so there is no way that those pics are taken from an OFP2 environment. Simply because it is not possible to code that much of a working environment that quickly... wink_o.gif

Ah are those pics from OFP2 or VBS? Its a bit confusing i think and arent those pics of addons like BAS little birdies and INQ's A-10 biggrin_o.gif

just to correct you...

So this is the real deal OFP2 is coming here biggrin_o.gif

And to correct you, Suma stated about 3 months ago that they hadn't even started coding OFP2, so there is no way that those pics are taken from an OFP2 environment. Simply because it is not possible to code that much of a working environment that quickly... wink_o.gif

well Suma couldve said anything and not ment it. I see no reason to promote a product by putting up pictures of other products unclesam.gif

well Suma couldve said anything and not ment it. I see no reason to promote a product by putting up pictures of other products  unclesam.gif

Some of the work has to be done already, if they are looking at a 2005 release they would have to some some work done already. Resistance took a year to do and that was minor compared to a project like this. Also the work that has been done on the Xbox version has probebly been very helpful in implementing code for OFP2, so in effect some code work has been done.

why so picky?What ever it is going to be I want to get my hands on it.Dont you?

Agreed. New units, updated engine, smoother graphics. That's nothing to complain about.

Besides, the community will mod it like it has with OFP 1. We'll make the game what we want it to be, the best damn kickass battlefield sim around. wink_o.gif

why so picky?What ever it is going to be I want to get my hands on it.Dont you?

No.

But we'll wait and see...no point speculating now...but if it's war on terrorism, I swear to G**...

Let's be realistic.

New modern flat screen TV. Mentioning of VBS. Modern weapons pics. Africa is out. Europe and Asia stay in.

Could be terrorists. Could be another fictional campaign, such as good ol' Independence Lost.

I think BIS got wise that lots of people want new weapons - not older ones from the 60's. I have to admit I was surprised about the original plans for units from 30 years ago when it was first announced.

Some of the work has to be done already, if they are looking at a 2005 release they would have to some some work done already. Resistance took a year to do and that was minor compared to a project like this. Also the work that has been done on the Xbox version has probebly been very helpful in implementing code for OFP2, so in effect some code work has been done.

When I was there the 21st of October they had'nt done much on OFP2. Only a model here and a model there. Nothing to show. I said "May I ask about OFP2?". Marek's reply: "No, you can't. Too early to say. Too many things can change".

wink_o.gif

I'm keeping my hopes for a modern up-to-date era in OFP2.

BIS still have'nt let the community down, have they? wink_o.gif

If thats the case than 2005 is too early, a 2006 release would be in order.

I agree that the mod community will pick up into areas that BIS will ignore but at the same time not many people will do cold war scenerios and groups that do will be under staffed. I will probebly get it thats not the issue, but I'm not sure if I will ever play the campaign if it consists of a War on Terrorâ„¢ scenerio.

â„¢ 2001-2003 Bush Administration

Guest major gandhi

The heli looks like an upgraded Uh1n of the USMC and the island really looks like the one of BAS. However I think that BIS should primarily concentrate on improving the AI and the AI's ability for CQB. Moreover they should make it possible to influence/change the terrain in-game and to shoot out of vehicles.....