Sign in to follow this  
bazik_

Cheaters creating m1a1 or cluster bombs

Yeah, but do you trust all admins? I got a few players i got a gripe with, i just send them round to all admins to let them get banned on all servers. Or maybe i really believe he is a cheater, when in fact he is just good or my judgement wrong. Poor bugger, sucks to be good on my server. Here in the forum someone said that some admins banned players whenenver someone has a modified file warning. Use a soundmod on the wrong server and get banned on all...

Most admins are more mature than that, i know, and most will have the experience to tell a good player, network desync and lag or other stuff from cheats, but would you ban players because someone you do not even know claims that he is a cheater?

I would only do this between admins you know and trust. And i know one admin whos opinion and bans i would not give a shit about because of my own bad experiences with him.

Well, this is not just copy/paste from a list some1 gives me.

I'll check the log to see the occurence of IDs, ask admins on my server, try to see if there is clan players (which means that 90% of the time the ban comes from some gripe by an admin, so has not to be on another server).

On the same level, I don't ban unless I'm quasi-sure the guy is cheating (multiple LAW firing, vehicle creation, continuous super speed moving, not just lag issues), so my ban list is short.

That's how it should be handled between admins, IMO. "Knowhing" some1 is something I won't require, as I don't "know" many server admins ;)

Guest Hitman[SWAF]
Quote[/b] ]WHAT should say cfg? Afaik the newest version of ecp says only cfg, older ones had the subdivision message (just like dynamic range)...

This type of cheat should give the message modified config file - cfg/

Just dont mix these cheat config messages to widely used soundpack config messages.

For example DR (including the one on ECP)gives the cfg/subdivision message,

while Battlefield insane soundpack gives a cfg/intro message,

the Realistic Explosion Mod brings up cfg/smoke message.

Im not 100% sure about these but as long as I recall, they were those.

Plus, I have heard that some games bought in certain countries pop up with a modified config file.

I have seen atleast a cfg/FUELSTATION config message and that guy did spawn up tanks and buildings on a normal map.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately you only get to see one error message, so it's possible to hide a suspicious error message with another mod by combining them...

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

Hmm true. But which one pops up first, the cheat or the soundpack? rock.gif

We need an email list for all server admins so we can pass around a blacklist of UserIDs of known cheaters.

That way a cheater is not only banned from 1 server, but all servers simultaneously, thus discouraging even the "occasional" cheater.

i'll start it off, my email is adamm_@hotmail.com, use subject like OFP SERVER BLACKLIST otherwise i'll never see it smile_o.gif

This is a good idea, You should make a new thread for people/admins to post to other admins about cheaters so they can be banned from all servers (hopefully)

Cheaters suck. I was enjoying a good game tonight and a bonehead named "tv" started using an auto-law cheat. Idiot.

cheaters are funny

maybe for you its funny when u got a game to restart coz someone spawn tanks, explosions, ships and what ever on a map...

or when one hits you from 2km in a wood, coz he got modified textures...

or when one run stops and fire, coz he's not tired and got fixed aim like in quake...

larger hit range with weapons, EVERYTHING!!!

i dont think its funny...

even filecheck now is unuseful...

Cheaters suck. I was enjoying a good game tonight and a bonehead named "tv" started using an auto-law cheat. Idiot.

Mooncaine, you are mistaken, I was there.  It was CTF Tanks and he was using the MG rocket stations that are part of the map.  You may not have played that map before so maybe you didnt realize what was happening.  He was not cheating.

Who is the idiot now?

Mooncaine, you are mistaken, I was there.  It was CTF Tanks and he was using the MG rocket stations that are part of the map.  You may not have played that map before so maybe you didnt realize what was happening.  He was not cheating.  

Who is the idiot now?

Venmaster: the idiot is me.

Folks, I'm sorry, but I was apparently mistaken. Stalker and Dominator stand up for tv, and pointed out to me that what I [and a few others on my team] thought was an auto-law cheat turned out to be a weapon I didn't know about. I have my foot completely in my mouth.

I just chatted with Dominator, and based on his good opinion of tv, I was already willing apologize and retract my accusation. Then I saw a post by Stalker, explaining in more detail what you pointed out about those weapons on the map, which was "CTF Tanks", apparently, and not "Battle Tanks".

Folks, I am sorry I over-reacted. I get a little too hot-headed about that issue, I guess. No, I don't guess -- I know it now.

Stalker and Dominator have been nothing but polite and sensible; it was I who was being hot-headed and irrational.

I apologize most sincerely for my poor judgment, and my carelessness with tv's good name. Please forgive me.

Hi !

I played since a long time now and I saw more stupid cheats.

I rememberd :

1 day, I played with a lot of friends a BCH Hexenkessel deluxe (I hate this map but it's for friends  tounge_o.gif ) and I heard 1 of my friend who scream "Tank ! There are tank ! What's this fuck rock.gif" We said him "It's tank but you can't enter on it". He answered "I know but it's not 1 of these tank he just killing me with his MG" And what happened ? All the american (our) respawn explode because 15 GBU bombs appeard over us.

An other day I played an AGSF Hexenkessel 1.5 and all the houses disappeared (the old and most stupid cheat on this map...)

Cheat is fucking stupid.

Cheaters are just noobs who thought there are intelligent because they use it but it's just the piece of evidence they are noob and stupid and when I see one, I think this can be funny to send him a virus which destroy all there fucking cheats programs. (it's not impossible, in fact it's very easy to create a program like this).

I hope BIS and Codemasters will create a very good protect against cheats in OFP2. They are the only 1 who can do anything for that the other players can play their favorites games in fun.

Last thing for cheater (it's not very polite but tounge_o.gif ) YOU RE JUST A PIECE OF SHIT  crazy_o.gif

Edit :

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Lt_Damage @ Jan. 22 2004,05:25)

We need an email list for all server admins so we can pass around a blacklist of UserIDs of known cheaters.

That way a cheater is not only banned from 1 server, but all servers simultaneously, thus discouraging even the "occasional" cheater.

i'll start it off, my email is adamm_@hotmail.com, use subject like OFP SERVER BLACKLIST otherwise i'll never see it

This is a good idea, You should make a new thread for people/admins to post to other admins about cheaters so they can be banned from all servers (hopefully)

I think I gonna to create a site with this but how you can know it's a real cheater and not a player who discovered a cheater and it's this cheater who want to have is revenge sad_o.gif

Last thing for BIS develloper :

Why OFP have not a FileCheck program which is used at each start of the game and which stop the game if a file is modified ? smile_o.gif

It's obvious that for OFP2 they're going to need to make some adjustments to the way multiplayer on the internet is handled.

Hopefully these things don't involve:

1: Making the game less versatile and easy to modify for the purpose of customizing your gameplay experience (since that is one of the few things that truly makes OFP a standout product).

2: Utilizing something such as punkbuster which as I understand because it runs a program along with the server causes the lag. The lag is a filthy arsehole. I can't stand it.

I think that join in play is one way that might ease the problems of dealing with servers that are having cheater problems. As it is, I understand that getting in under the wire before a game starts or waiting for one to open up can be quite time consuming.

... wow. I'm so glad I don't play on the internet. biggrin_o.gif

It's not only the developer's job to stop cheating. In fact, it's generally impossible to prevent 100% of cheats in a game (e.g. any popular first-person shooter game). The rest of the responsibility lies on server admins and trustworthy players, that can inform themselves about how to detect a cheater and not just scream it at anyone that kills them over and over.

A banlist is the only tool you need to stop cheaters. You have the power.

If someone spawns bombs over your base then you ban the prick and move on... no drama. smile_o.gif

just a kind of autofilecheck on ofp.exe file, and a better filecheck, that checks stuff mapped in memory at place of files on hd, could keep a lot of them away...

Quote[/b] ]just a kind of autofilecheck on ofp.exe file, and a better filecheck, that checks stuff mapped in memory at place of files on hd, could keep a lot of them away...

yep, that would be gr8, and a better default check of config and wrp files, and a feature that only admins can see mod msgs

hnmmmmm iv play tons of multiplayer and hav not had asy cheaters

Cheating with 1.96 gets more and more!

ID changing and modified addons and configs are out there!

Please open your eyes on messages of modified fuelstations!

This is a hint for changed config!

Notice these cheaters don't use modified maps!

Modified config message disappears too easily. It is possible for someone to join an empty server with their cheat running and wait for people to join. Then there would be no warning. When someone has a modified config it should attach it to their name in #userlist.

Well I found a way to make all the cheats gone.

( the cheats are just a back door wich BIS left open )

And these so called cheats can be easly fixed by making a patch wich will change the Protocol Items ( Human launge: Hex codes )

This change needs to be done in way:

The Items needs to get a other code

and they need to get a new internal name

That will stop the cheaters.

cheaters are funny

I agree. Some of the things these people do make me crack up, I remember in "Hexenkessel" somebody dropped a bunch of bombs on the map out of nowhere, and somebody began flying inside a friggin missile as if it was a helicopter! LMAO! (in a CTI game)