Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

oh never noticed..

it blends in alot.

but i think I saw that later when I was customizing them for myself. but not sure..

I would like to know why the knee pad is so low on that "Winter"soldier.As it is also there on the original S+E Marines..The soldier is the "Fire team leader"

[ig]http://img74.exs.cx/img74/7592/wusmc1.jpg[/img][ig]http://img90.exs.cx/img90/2888/woodland.jpg[/img]

Negative. It's because he kneels down on his right knee normally. They're not exactly comfortable so having one down around your ankle makes sense if normally only your right knee strikes the ground.

Negative. It's because he kneels down on his right knee normally. They're not exactly comfortable so having one down around your ankle makes sense if normally only your right knee strikes the ground.

If that is the case then why is it just the Fire team leader who has it like this.And don't you think that is taking "reality" just a bit too far.Why have it on at all if he's not going to use it.I can't help noticing it when i use that particular unit but now it's also in white it stands out even more so... crazy_o.gif

ps.I thought the Marines were a tough bunch of Mofo's.i can't help but laugh when i think of one of them whincing when he gets onto his knees,the pussy.. tounge_o.gif

I have seen some RL picks from Iraq and Afghanistan where some operators or soldiers used there knee pads like that.

Point is it looks good to see some minor changes betwean soldiers sometimes, gives the units a more custom/random feel, i think these small details are one of the many things that make this pack the very best unit/weapon pack for OPF smile_o.gif .

They are rifleman, not clones like the BIS ones, why all the nitpicking, there arent many around that could do better so rock.gif .

@ Mr.Reality

could you tell me what files you changend in order to get those units you posted on page 43.

(don't know if you got my pm or mail)

i think these small details are one of the many things that make this pack the very best unit/weapon pack for OPF smile_o.gif .

They are rifleman, not clones like the BIS ones, why all the nitpicking, there arent many around that could do better so rock.gif .

That's exactly what suchey wanted to hear! wink_o.gif

Download link:

http://home.mho.net/kmaclennan/ofp/AddJamToTact.zip

This is a small download which includes one script and a readme.

Purpose:

This is a script meant for mission makers as a time saver.  It adds all JAM2 ammo types to Tactician's weapons arrays used by TACTEvents.pbo.  This allows units firing JAM2 magazines to have the same smoke/dust effects as the default MAP weapons/magazines.  I *should* have included this in the updated c8xjam pbo's, but to be honest, at that time I hadn't messed around with the TACTEvents scripts!

More information about how to use the script is in the readme.  

Details on using TACTEvents can be found in the "TACTEvents Guide for Mission Editors" at:

http://www.digitalgrenade.com/boom.php?usmc

Thanks to Tactician for the outstanding effect scripts!

last post on the kneepad (please);

It's realistic! Kneepads are fine when you are engaged in a battle, but when you have to run or walk for a distance they tend to slide down. It's also very uncomfortable to run with em, so soldiers often slide them down to the ankles themselves.

Improvements have been made on the kneepads and they will continue to produce better ones which suit the soldiers need. The BDU trousers used by the USMC have build-in soft kneepads to help a little bit. This is already quite an improvement, but soldiers still use hard-plastic kneepads with them.

Hi there!

Over in the A&M: Discussion thread I posted about an error in the JAM2 config which causes flying bullets not to sound.

Well, the exact same error is in the c8xmag.pbo. Here's how to fix it:

Unpack c8xmag.pbo . In the class CfgAmmo section of Config.cpp, find this section:

soundfly1[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly1.wss",0.031623,1};

soundfly2[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly2.wss",0.031623,1};

soundfly3[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly3.wss",0.031623,1};

soundfly4[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly4.wss",0.031623,1};

soundfly5[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly4.wss",0.031623,1};

soundfly[]={"soundfly1",0.2,"soundfly2",0.2,"soundfly3",0.2,"sound

fly4",0.2,"soundfly5",0.2};

Now, paste this in over it:

soundFly1[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly1.wss",0.031623,1};

soundFly2[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly2.wss",0.031623,1};

soundFly3[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly3.wss",0.031623,1};

soundFly4[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly4.wss",0.031623,1};

soundFly5[]={"\c8xmag\soundhit\fly5.wss",0.031623,1};

fly[]={"soundfly1",0.2,"soundfly2",0.2,"soundfly3",0.2,"sound

fly4",0.2,"soundfly5",0.2};

Close and save the confi.cpp, repack the pbo and use it. You should now hear flying bullet sounds when they come close to you.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Over in the A&M: Discussion thread I posted about an error in the JAM2 config which causes flying bullets not to sound.

Well, the exact same error is in the c8xmag.pbo.

A corrected full install of the USMC MARPATs, with your correction, as well as Mako's previous unofficial corrections,  can be downloaded from here, courtesy of The FAQ. smile_o.gif

List of included corrections:

Quote[/b] ]==================================================================================

Marine Assault Pack Fixed Version v1.2 (see end of documentation for changes made)

==================================================================================

1.2 Fixes (by Cornhelium - edited by The Avon Lady)

===================

1.  Fixed missing flying bullet sounds.

1.1 Fixes (by Mako)

===================

1.  Fixed the Desert USMC Medic so he can heal

2.  Fixed the BS1 grenade launcher so it can use the BS1vests

3.  Improvement of the AI's aim with the SMAW/RPG (so they don't miss all the time).

4.  Fixed the Javelin Launcher so the AI can use it without blowing self up.

5.  Allowed the Javelin to target Air targets

6.  Added USMC and Russian Snipers (using the BIS M21 and SVD)

7.  Added USMC soldiers equipped with the c8xM16A2

8.  Added Grenade Launcher Vests, RPGs, SMAWs, Javelins, and Javelin Rockets to the Ammocrates

9.  Added many New USMC and Russian Naval Infantry units

11. Allowed weapons to use BIS mags, grenades, and mortars

12. Added new groups for editor

im getting an error:

IRONBOLT v3.1.0 -> FATAL ERROR 10 : Failed to Connect to master SQL server

A Fatal Error has occured preventing the rendering of the page you requested!

System Admin Name: FileFront, LA Network Operations

System Admin Email: lanetwork@filefront.com

Network Operations Phone: 713-384-2662

IRONBOLT Engine, FileFront Inc.

anyone else getting this?

LOL!  I know it sucks, but hey its an M40 right?  I got sick and tired of nobody making a normal M40 so I made it from an ancient retextured BIS Remington sniper rifle (which the M40 is based on).   As for cammo net...nah, I've so far never seen ANY US Marine snipers using cammo net on their M40 sniper rifles.

Here's a pic below of a Marine sniper with a newer M40A3 model.  The one I have is an older A1 model. But some of these still may be used by some Marine units who have not been able to update yet to the A3 models as they only recently started upgrading to the A3 models.

040407_fallujah_marines_hmed_6a.hmedium.jpg

m40a3pic.jpg

Here's the M40A2:

photo029.jpg

Here's an M40A1:

M40A1.5.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Noob question here. I noticed that the fixed update that Avon kindly posted does not have this file:

c8x_russjam.pbo

Does that mean its no longer necessary?

You don't need that file, that's for the Joint Weapons and Ammo project, it is dead now, so don't worry about it.

Ok thanks  biggrin_o.gif

Please pay no attention to the monkey.

JAM is alive and well. The file you are looking for has not changed. You can download it from here.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: The MARPAT JAM files were released separately from the official files. That's why they weren't included in the main download file.

im getting an error:

IRONBOLT v3.1.0 -> FATAL ERROR 10 : Failed to Connect to master SQL server

A Fatal Error has occured preventing the rendering of the page you requested!

Just did a quick download test. I had no problem but FileFront has its share of hiccu-cu-cu-cups. smile_o.gif

Bad Monkey! Bad Monkey! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for clearing that up Avon!

I reckon JAM/MAAM are just coming into their own in fact. Laser, Hyk, PUKF, Frandsen, Combat, Edge and BAS etc all use JAM, and you really see the benefit when an M4 or PK mag is just an M4 or PK mag, no matter who comes to the firefight smile_o.gif

Hopefully with Avon's MAAM initiative, the community can do some tweaking and get a setup that everybody's OK with, then AFAIK BAS have given permission for JAM to be updated to match this.

Personally, my JAM_Sounds.pbo is a mix of sounds from E&S (AK47), FDF (M60) and BIS (M16/M4), and elsewhere (PK). It would be great to see some user edits on the new BAS Classic site, like an America's Army soundset, Counterstrike soundset etc wink_o.gif

Anyway, back OT with these wonderful Marines biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Cornhelium, did you get a chance to check out the M40A1 sniper rifle above? If so do you think you can add it to a future update? If not that's ok.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>