Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

Well, I have to say that I tend to agree with Mahooney's statement that this addon was overhyped. I think this is what happens when you show new pictures every week and tease people. sad_o.gif

A bug I've found is, when you put a group of Russian Naval infantry troops on the map, then double click on any of these units, they turn into the standard BIS Russian soldier equivalent rock.gif

Lee, stfu and keep your thoughts to yourself !  There's always someone that has to post crap like that post...LMAO

And people wonder why no one makes addons..... mad_o.gif

but yet they complain about not having any.....

Thanks again BETA team for the past year of work!

Heh heh, must agree...too overhyped, but still very high-quality. smile_o.gif

But the weapon sounds deserve a special mention, they are the best I've ever heard! wow_o.gif

Lee, stfu and keep your thoughts to yourself ! There's always someone that has to post crap like that post...LMAO

Psst...forums are for posting opinions. wink_o.gif

And Lee wasn't flaming anyone, if you want to criticize, that's the way to do it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]textures on weapons are "ok"

rock.gif The textures on the weapons are of very high quality.

...and so begins the standard post-release bitching. Keep it to a minimum, please. Saying something is overhyped isn't constructive and it isn't honest criticism.

I sure hope that when you start talking about weapon textures you know what you are talking about... Theres a difference between a guy that slaps a flawless .jpeg texture on the side of a gun at the expense of CPU cycles, and the guy that actually uses a texture format suited for OFP and makes it look decent... .paa and .pac

Heh heh, must agree...too overhyped, but still very high-quality. smile_o.gif

But the weapon sounds deserve a special mention, they are the best I've ever heard! wow_o.gif

Lee, stfu and keep your thoughts to yourself !  There's always someone that has to post crap like that post...LMAO

Psst...forums are for posting opinions. wink_o.gif

And Lee wasn't flaming anyone, if you want to criticize, that's the way to do it. smile_o.gif

According to most moderators on this forum, that is not true.

PS: Lee, go and play in the street if you don't like the gun textures. They kick ass. Having your name after the guy who killed JFK is bad enough, don't make it any worse.

Well you guys bat RHS to the T-55 release tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Umm , but i am a bit skeptical now after hearing Lee's words , his judgements on addons usually arevery down the line. And i dont think he meant to degrade them or anything. I guess its just that steam that was all built up now is all gone in one puff without making that special 'noise' sad_o.gif , maybe thats what lee meant.

Anyway still d/lding hope its worth it.

Shadow.... ah, forget about it and go on with flaming.

---

And to the moderator, how should I give constructive critism when there is nothing bad about the addon?

I just said that I expected some more after all the hype arround this pack. (I think this was the point Shadow did not get)

---

MfG Lee rock.gif

Let's remember who created all the hype- people excited about the genuine quality on display, not the makers themselves, trying to sell their project as something it was not. Hell, Suchey's first post on the subject was nothing more than "Here's a little something I've been working on". Don't blame Suchey and Co. for unrealistic expectations- they've created a first-rate addon containing new soldiers, weapons, and sounds, and they never set out to do any more or less.

edit: that being said, don't rush to judgement. There are things about an addon that cannot be discovered simply by firing a few rounds off in the mission editor. For example, where these addons truly shine is in the multiplayer arena- I suggest you try a 25 man MARPAT vs. Naval Infantry capture and hold game before you label this pack 'overhyped'.

Well you guys bat RHS to the T-55 release  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Umm , but i am a bit skeptical now after hearing Lee's words , his judgements on addons usually arevery down the line. And i dont think he meant to degrade them or anything. I guess its just that steam that was all built up now is all gone in one puff without making that special 'noise'  sad_o.gif  , maybe thats what lee meant.

Anyway still d/lding hope its worth it.

No, he just gave a blatantly ignorant and un-needed comment which is untrue in every way.

*blubb* ...if you don't like the gun textures... *blubb*

I never said that I don´t like them.

Can´t you guys read the complete post?

Or are only posts like:

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"NIIIIIIICCCCCCEEEEEEEEE"

"PERFEEEEEEECT"

...wanted here?

MfG Lee

Hmm.

Nice textures, very good weapon sounds, textures on weapons are "ok", Javelin is first class.

But, where to find the "special" that was talked about so long.

Is it the blackout effect? Or the "weapons have no recoil"?

I don´t want to sound negative, but I expected "more".

This pack  includes some very nice soldiers with some good weapons, but this can be found in other addons too.

---

Thanks, nice addon.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

if they were german units then he would say they are top notch wand wouldnt complain about anything

Just love it!

Great work on the weapons. Really detailed! Great work!

great great great! biggrin_o.gif

Regards

Marcel

Ps Merry Christmas to you guys ;)

Whoah, chill everyone. Just be happy and enjoy it and stop caring about what other people think about this addon. I just loved it and it's exactly what I wanted from it, if not a bit more with the Naval Spetsnaz and all. And each person is entitled to his or her own opinions so let's just leave it at that. And as Ace said I am sure that Lee doesn't want to downgrade the work done on this pack, rather the opposite.

And tell me can I get any SP missions using this pack? Or will I have to stick to my editor missions for a while more?

And Ace, sure it's worth it very much so. Playing around in the editor with these boys is fun!

Yet again, good work team!

Seriously stop getting upset because he's trying to give some constructive criticism.

Quote[/b] ]Shadow.... ah, forget about it and go on with flaming.

Thank you.

Quote[/b] ]And to the moderator, how should I give constructive critism when there is nothing bad about the addon?

I just said that I expected some more after all the hype arround this pack. (I think this was the point Shadow did not get)

Saying that something is overhyped isn't a valid criticism at all - it's just coming across as complaining about something for the sake of complaining. I'm not saying that this is limited to you and your opinion, but rather this is something that happens with very nearly every addon out there that takes more than a month to develop. BAS has learned their lesson, I think, and has chosen to keep quiet about their future releases for the most part. I was hoping that the cycle would eventually be broken, but apparently not. It just seems like some people (again, I'm not singling you out, Lee) can't enjoy something without complaining about it in some way.

This is Suchey's first addon, Earl's first major one for OFP and I'm pretty sure that Jocko and Tactician broke their addon making cherries on this pack too. They and the beta team have gone to HUGE lengths to try and release a pack as flawless as possible. Instead of complaining about missed expectations (expectations which, IMHO are groundless - Blackdog and others have provided huge quantities of pics and video for you all to see these soldiers in action. There should have been few, if any, suprises) why can't people just smile, be happy, and try and shoot me over at MTCO?

yeah very nice.

i thought that they will release at x-mas and not know. i cant believe it :-)

but the bed is that i need more then a houre for dl *hmpf*

@ Dec. 19 2003,22:16)]Let's remember who created all the hype- people excited about the genuine quality on display, not the makers themselves, trying to sell their project as something it was not. Hell, Suchey's first post on the subject was nothing more than "Here's a little something I've been working on". Don't blame Suchey and Co. for unrealistic expectations- they've created a first-rate addon containing new soldiers, weapons, and sounds, and they never set out to do any more or less.

edit: that being said, don't rush to judgement. There are things about an addon that cannot be discovered simply by firing a few rounds off in the mission editor. For example, where these addons truly shine is in the multiplayer arena- I suggest you try a 25 man MARPAT vs. Naval Infantry capture and hold game before you label this pack 'overhyped'.

Very much correct their TEX its people who created th hype not the makers.

Posts like oh youre my GOD and OHHH look at those , thye are the best , this is gonna redefine OFP and this that were a bit over the top , and when they all gathered in a monumental 90 page topic it gave a impression of its own. Not created by the authors.

Lee man i respect your opinions on addons usually but this i'd say that you should spend a bit more time with these units , maybe you made up your mind too quickly eh? biggrin_o.gif

And guys cut everyone a bit of slack here.

Its a great moment that these units were released by Suchey so we can have them early even though last i heard he said it'dbe 2004 release wow_o.gif , so lets enjoy atm and post bugs only to avoid sensitive arguments.

The only thing I take issue with Lee saying is that the weapon textures are only 'okay'. I respectfully submit that it might be time for an eye checkup, because these are some of the most detailed weapons to appear in OFP yet, bar none.

What flaming?

Hey Lee why don't you show up at our server around 9:00 cst and i'll personally show you how good these addons really are! ;)

Or do you play multiplayer?   wow_o.gif

*last* post today on this...I'm not going to take away from The Beta team on this Great Christmas Present!

YOU GUYS ROCK..........

Saying that something is overhyped isn't a valid criticism at all

Jep, thats right, but it is the answer to me, why I think this will be the Uberaddon.

---

To say it a LAST time for all those "only first three words reader".

This addon is a very good work!!! <- get it?

It is not what I (<- that means me) expected, but overall VERY good.

---

To give some constructive critism(if this can be made on this addon, cause it´s so good <-! ):

I do not like too accurate weapons. (It´s like BIS units are JAM-HD soldiers).

MfG Lee wink_o.gif