Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Looks like the nose of a Huey/Iroquois/Bell 212/214 type airframe. Couldn't be sure tho, I'm getting rusty in my "old age" tounge2.gif

Anyho, time for another photo spam from me biggrin_o.gif

Went out with my housemates for a night shoot, I have to say, I'm entirely unimpressed with the 18-55 for night work, especially since mine seems to have something on the lens which causes halos around any prominent light sources... Still, I like to think I got some reasonable shots...

normal_CRW_3266.jpg

Bigger

normal_CRW_3267.jpg

Bigger

Rather dodgy shots of the apron at RAF Waddington across the road, 18-55 not so good sad_o.gif

normal_CRW_3269.jpg

Bigger

normal_CRW_3271.jpg

Bigger

The 70-300 did much better, not only having more aperture blades for a start (better Bokeh - or stars - from light sources), but the lens just seemed to be better at it.

As an aside, I need to go back at dusk at some point, because the silhouette of the Vulcan should make for a fantastic picture, but it was too dark to get anything at all last night.

Back to Lincoln again, first a wideangle (damn 18-55) of the southern end of the city (also happens to be the student end of the city)

normal_CRW_3275.jpg

Bigger

And a 300 mil of the "Atrium" main Uni building, the building titled "...the shed" to the bottom right is a bar in the center of the uni campus.

normal_CRW_3278.jpg

Bigger

To be cont...

...Cont

The blue & cream building is student accomodation, and the building to the right (with the lit-roof lights) is the Great Central Warehouse Library.

normal_CRW_3279.jpg

Bigger

The buildings int he foreground are all student accomodation, the Lincoln sign from my earlier uni shoot clearly visible in the centre of the shot.

normal_CRW_3280.jpg

Bigger

EMMTEC and the Media, Humanities And Computing (MHAC, pronounced "Mack") buildings, where I spent most of my uni time.

normal_CRW_3283.jpg

Bigger

And off up to the Cathederal, some interesting lighting on these, because the floodlights arent all that well balanced...

normal_CRW_3289.jpg

Bigger

Messing about with the post processing (a bit too much tounge2.gif ) on this one

normal_CRW_3292.jpg

Bigger

And a more reasonable exposure

normal_CRW_3293.jpg

Bigger

To be cont....

...Cont

One of my housemates, the "Photo Ninja" tounge2.gif

normal_CRW_3294.jpg

Bigger

Annoyingly (a bit) the lower set of floodlights switch off at midnight... Ho hum...

normal_CRW_3296.jpg

Bigger

normal_CRW_3297.jpg

Bigger

Fin smile_o.gif

the thext sais (in swedish)

Sista flygningen (i think, hard to tell)

F21 060112

Fte Lt RAM, BAX

FF Kn HAS

and that is in english

Last Flight

F21, January 12th 2006

Technicians Lieutenant RAM, BAX (probably initials)

Pilot Captain HAS (again, probably initials)

if you give me a higher res pic i can tell for sure wink_o.gif

Nah, it says "Sista skickningen", and also, looks like it says "F21 060117", but that could just be me.

Otherwise the same I think

I like the apron shots DM - its a shame about the lens flare, but I love the light source for some reason - really impressive shape etc

the thext sais (in swedish)

Sista flygningen (i think, hard to tell)

F21 060112

Fte Lt RAM, BAX

FF Kn HAS

and that is in english

Last Flight

F21, January 12th 2006

Technicians Lieutenant RAM, BAX (probably initials)

Pilot Captain HAS (again, probably initials)

if you give me a higher res pic i can tell for sure wink_o.gif

Nah, it says "Sista skickningen", and also, looks like it says "F21 060117", but that could just be me.

Otherwise the same I think

yeah, that was the hardest parts to make out....

would have needed a bigger pic to see for sure..

@Deadmeat: close its a bell 206

A mate wanted a few pictures of his car:

baf2c070.jpg

What camera you have DeadMeat? The pics looks great, very clear and sharp smile_o.gif

I have been too busy to post for here for a while (plus I got banned for a little bit, but this time am Positive that I have all the images under 100k. You can tell because they are flat and have lost all there vibant colour sad_o.gif )

I went recently to do few gigs with one of the bands that i work for to some ex-pats on ANZAC Day Dubai (UAE) and Queenstown (NZ) at a millionare landowners party. I still have a cold from the temperature change (+43 to 3...). It was a week of five star hotels... Some times I love my job smile_o.gif

_GEE6537-copy.jpg

_GEE7232-copy.jpg

_GEE7246-copy.jpg

_GEE7201-copy.jpg

_GEE7183-copy.jpg

Good to see you back Chris smile_o.gif Sterling Quality photography as always man   smile_o.gif Would you mind PMing me a link to Arrowtown-Pan-copy.jpg in a larger version? I really would like to see it in higher res biggrin_o.gif

just finished my last year as an architecture student, and I spent the last 3 days working solid through day and night to get finished on time.

as I came back from the print shop, I looked at my desk and laughed at the mass of red bull cans, coffee cups and random food I'd eaten in those three days while rooted to my pc.

I took this pic, i know its not very good in a technical sense, but I loved how my nemesis over the last three days (Time) had a reflection of what had kept me going.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31977384@N00/489677662/