Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Awesome montage Tovarish! Looks cold, and slippery on the Ice. I take it the squirrel got the better of him?

blockquote><p>Einstein Reincarnated! [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wow_o.gif' alt='wow_o.gif'>
Quote[/b] ]Awesome montage Tovarish! Looks cold, and slippery on the Ice. I take it the squirrel got the better of him?

Don't remind me of the cold tounge2.gif . Luckily it's getting warmer and that hateful white stuff is melting wink_o.gif.

Yeah, I'm surprised the squirrel even let him get that close, but it seems like he's used to people feeding him.

Great stuff here, love the shot of the kid with the piece of bread Tovarish. Are you adding some softening effect to your shots?

sniperuk, kickass silhouette (sp?) feels different from all the other seagull shots I usually see.

killagee, you ARE selling your stuff, right? Top notch work as always smile_o.gif

edsc000402suz5.jpg

Messing around in the studio after a product shoot.

Great stuff here, love the shot of the kid with the piece of brad Tovarish. Are you adding some softening effect to your shots?

a tad of softening, a lot of playing around with levels, and a bit of contrast increase - and the eye was edited separately from the rest of the picture. It was one of those shots where I didn't want to use flash but was afraid would turn out too dark - after the edit I'm extremely happy with it smile_o.gif

Tovarish... how the hell... huh.gif >> thumbs-up.gif

Just plugged my EOS 400D back to the PC - after about 2 weeks... 281 photos. Need to do some deleting tho', I guess, as quite a few, especially moon shots, are pretty much the same...

A fairly nice photo of me few weeks ago (when we still had the nice -10C weather), original WB setting created a blueish colour but PS brought a nice amount of light and warmthto it... resized and slightly blurred.

mg0759sbd2.jpg

Same photo, a tad artistic version.

mg0759sawc9.jpg

killagee, you ARE selling your stuff, right? Top notch work as always smile_o.gif

Not really... I make just enough out of my camera to cover the rental of it. I submit it all with a stockimage agency though so who knows? One day I might get a picture on a billboard or ad and make bundle... Very seldomly I get a photography gig. I still make 95% of my income mixing bands and operating concert sound systems. My aim is that in 5 years it will be about 50/50. Still, I only do it because I love it, same with the audio work, so I'm bloody lucky when you think about it... Making a living doing things I enjoy smile_o.gif

Nice Portrait as usual Goob. Sharp but soft at the same time. Does that make sense?

SniperUK02: Very nice and simple shot. Perfect composition

Tovarish: The kid with the bagel is a killer mate. Well done.

Went to CeBit today and went to see the opening of the european World Cyber Games competition. Anyways, they had this breakdance group doing a show (and a rather stupid looking mascot):

JB20070315_007.jpg

JB20070315_008.jpg

JB20070315_006.jpgJB20070315_003.jpg

The dance images were taken at iso 400, no flash, aperture between f1.4 and f1.8 (I actually had to reduce exposure on a few pics afterwards), just cropped and resized. I love the ability to manually correct the auto focus - helped a lot with taking these pics!

there is a step in the left bottom corner Sniper otherwise I think its a very nice image smile_o.gif

I can't see the steps (without modifying the image or increasing the gamma setting). The colors are very nice, as is the scene as a whole - even if the image is a tad too dark for my taste (but then it's an AL shot, doh).

Great image, imo. The nice thing about a dark panorama shot is that the little stitching errors (that are impossible to avoid) are much better concealed!

I can't see the steps (without modifying the image or increasing the gamma setting). The colors are very nice, as is the scene as a whole - even if the image is a tad too dark for my taste (but then it's an AL shot, doh).

Great image, imo. The nice thing about a dark panorama shot is that the little stitching errors (that are impossible to avoid) are much better concealed!

I meant more in the outline smile_o.gif I couldnt notice a single stitch mark in the image! smile_o.gif

SniperUk, the first one is absolutely sensational! Well the subject (a sunken boat?) is great of course, but you captured it beautifuly. Excellent.

The proper way of getting this killer look from a Québécois:

Simply yell "Hey Frenchie!" *

If you wish to continue receiving this glare, follow it up with "That's beautiful man, I'm going to call this shot 'Jacques"

*All in good fun, no real feelings were hurt in the production of this photo.

crissemp1.jpg

People need to start bringing their own guitar!

grettazp8.jpg

lespaulepibythecubanspyrb8.jpg

All it took was one bastard letting me know I could get a Les Paul Epiphone for an insanely low price.

So now I have three guitars that I take better photos of than I play music with.

My name is Alex, and I'm a guitaraholic...