Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Cool shots! smile_o.gif

I tried a few night shots with the tripod (thanks to sniper :P). The weather wasn't so good (it was raining and a little foggy), I didn't stay out for long but here are a few:

Arthur's Seat from Meadows

David Hume Tower and University library

Random night shot

And another...

Other stuffs:

Parliament, with lensbaby

My wonderful girlfriend

A field, an older picture... but I like the colour

I find that my night shots are a little orange, I don't know if that is because of the streetlamps or I've taken a bad shot :P

Love the one of the field Ranger Bob, the one of your girlfriend is top notch too. Did you use the lensbaby for that one aswell?

As for the night shots... I find it really tricky to get "neutral" colour in city street shots, and I never suceed with it from scratch. Try setting your cameras white balance to incandescent and if possible fine tuning it to +3.

edsc673501wahl6.jpg

Playing with my borrowed SB-800 and the nifty TTL slave function.

5edsc671501zr5.jpg

Flash + 15" exposure.

5edsc670402gg1.jpg

My friend enjoying a cold one.

I like your portraits, GoOB. Cool!

Just ordered a Canon 50mm/1.4 USM lense. After some thinking I decided that a good low light/portait lense probably is a much better investment then just replacing the kit lense with a f2.8 zoom. It'd have to be the Canon 18-50 with IS and USM to make it worth - and that's just prohibitive expensive.

Now I just can't wait to have it delivered and on the camera... smile_o.gif

Here's a photo of a good friend of mine:

**image removed by MOD**

I'm thinking of asking her out to dinner.  inlove.gif

Love the one of the field Ranger Bob, the one of your girlfriend is top notch too. Did you use the lensbaby for that one aswell?

As for the night shots... I find it really tricky to get "neutral" colour in city street shots, and I never suceed with it from scratch. Try setting your cameras white balance to incandescent and if possible fine tuning it to +3.

[imhttp://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4174/edsc673501wahl6.jpg[/img]

Playing with my borrowed SB-800 and the nifty TTL slave function.

[imhttp://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3816/5edsc671501zr5.jpg[/img]

Flash + 15" exposure.

[imhttp://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2138/5edsc670402gg1.jpg[/img]

My friend enjoying a cold one.

Thanks! Your shots are really good. Um, I didn't use the lensbaby for the one of my girlfriend, I used a lens that I picked up really cheap:

Sigma 70 - 210mm f5.6 I think. It can take really good shots in good light but produces an error 99 a lot, which sucks!

I'm waiting til summer to buy a decent lens, when my 2nd year of uni is finished! biggrin_o.gif

notworthy.gif That is superb news SS. Glad to hear Blackdogs sister finally found the perfect husband afterall. Looking forward to the kids pictures  smile_o.gif .

Please tell her see stops spamming my mailbox with lovepictures  confused_o.gif ....let me show the most work-safly one as example:

**image removed by MOD**

Good luck mate, i know you deserve her 100%.

Sniper Skull & DaSquade

Both of you +1WL for comments and suggestive humour that is frankly distastefull. If you find taking the piss out of those less fortunate that you so amusing I suggest you do it somewhere else.

What software did you use for producing the hdr images? Is there any software that could render a hdr directly from a single raw image? Haven't done anything with hdr yet, but I've a couple of shots where I'd love to use this on.

What software did you use for producing the hdr images? Is there any software that could render a hdr directly from a single raw image? Haven't done anything with hdr yet, but I've a couple of shots where I'd love to use this on.

http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/ <- Freeware!

I haven't tried HDR with a single RAW, should be possible, but you won't get a very wide range. The shots above were composed from 5 different exposures. The first ranging from +3EV to -3EV, the second from +2.5EV to -3EV

floor1.jpg

livingroomnight1.jpg

myroom1.jpg

an old one refreshed:

boneless-1.jpg

using contrast and brightness, adding a frame in IrfanView

Camera is:

Fujifilm Finepix E500

(I hate that cam sad_o.gif )

Mine:

Bellagio Las Vegas

vacation184hv0.jpg

Wynn - Las Vegas

vacation203rh1.jpg

Golfing - Las Vegas

vacation213ot9.jpg

Grand Canyon

vacation515fl9.jpg

Grand Canyon Sunset

vacation572ds8.jpg

No Editing Programs Used.

Camera: Sony Cybershot. Model: Don't Remember. Don't have it on me atm.

Just for fun: A wallpaper of ArmA I made before it was released: (Downsized, of course)

Linky

(Don't ask about the hind, it's a addon concept for ArmA I found from some website and stuck it in there).

Cheers.

Nice shots, Sgt_Eversmann!

Here's some more pics from the trip. I also updated the ones on page 277 after finally finding some time to learn how to use Adobe Lightroom and then convert all the images again.

Landing on Aitutaki:

IMG_2063.jpg

Some birds:

IMG_1830.jpgIMG_1861.jpg

Misc. stuff:

IMG_1771.jpgIMG_1961.jpgIMG_1929.jpg

Some more shots:

Lake Manapouri:

IMG_1057.jpg

Old graveyard near Whitianga:

IMG_1911.jpg

Aukland:

IMG_2010.jpgIMG_2019.jpg

Aitutaki:

IMG_2137.jpgIMG_2209.jpg

And here's some stitches:

Queenstown, view from the steamer wharf:

PanoramaQueenstown.jpg

Fox Glacier (bigger image):

PanoramaFoxGlacier.jpg

A river delta with a long one way bridge (near the glaciers):

PanoramaRiverDelta.jpg

Wellington (from the Interislander ferry, bigger image):

PanoramaWellington.jpg

Orakei Korau (painters palette):

PanoramaOrakeiKorau.jpg

Great stitching Daddl smile_o.gif It takes a close look tofind the joins. What program did you use?

GooB: Your portraits are stunning. I like the way you over-expose the background around their heads... yet there skin and face detail is just right... Maybe its just all your pasty white swedish friends (hehe). Are you still using the D70 or did you get a D200? I forget.

I used PhotoStitch (supplied by Canon with the camera). It works nicely and simple. just put the pictures in the right sequence one beside the other, give the focal length (if its not read from the image), then push "Merge" and he finds the seams automatically.

Unfortunately the rightmost picture in the Wellington series (with the other passengers and the docks in the backgrund) is a bit out of focus - which makes that seam extremely visible and is quite a harsh contrast to the rest of the stitch where you can see quite some details on the shore. Doesn't show up in a miniature pic like the one posted here, but in the original size (or even at a medium size of 4000x1119) it quite ruins the stitch. In the glacier the picture where the glacier stream emerges from the ice is also not that sharp - but it doesn't show as much.

Well, it was my first time taking panorama shots, so next time I'll know what to be carefull of. Still, I'm quite amazed how they turned out. I'll definitely be taking more in the future!

Edit:

My Canon 50mm/1.4 lense arrived today - couldn't take it out yet, but I made a little still live to test the lense. Focus was alway on the head of the boy lying on his back. No flash, just (weak) daylight and a 35 watt light bulb. I had to use a tripod and the remote (the f22 took 10 seconds at ISO100...). At f1.4 the depth of sharpness (?) is very small - for comparison: the figurine is just 10cm in height, while the lenses in the background were about 25cm away!

@f1.4:

50mmApertureSequence-A014.jpg

(full size 3456x2304, not sharpened)

@f2.8

50mmApertureSequence-A028.jpg

@f4.5

50mmApertureSequence-A045.jpg

@f9.0

50mmApertureSequence-A090.jpg

@f14

50mmApertureSequence-A140.jpg

@f22

50mmApertureSequence-A220.jpg

Edit: I definitely should have dusted off the figurine before taking pictures... damn that dust shows...

whistle.gif

Still messing around with HDR, going to try for some realistic-looking scenes soon, but I've been messing arround, enjoying the surreal effects you can achieve.

My living room:

homesweethomebythecubanxg7.jpg

Went out into the park this afternoon to try out the new lense:

JB20070304_015.jpgJB20070304_042.jpgJB20070304_048.jpgJB20070304_052.jpgJB20070304_058.jpgJB20070304_027.jpg

Tovarish: Excuse my ignorance... what is HDR? It looks kinds cool ( looks very cool, cold even, outside your lounge window...)

Daddle: f1.4 lenses are awesome for lowlight shots without flsah. Go out at night and give it a whirl. Get yourself a circular polariser filter... It will help with images where there are lots of reflections off the water smile_o.gif

High Dynamic Range Rendering/Imaging. Basically the same shot with different exposures giving the shot different exposures in different areas simultaneously, making the picture look more realistic. Many modern games have the same thing (i.e. Crysis, Source engines) to create more realistic shots.

Do you need a specific tool for that or can i.e. PS Elements 2 do it? And, apparently, is the trick done by f-numbers rather than with shutter times? huh.gif

That's basically what I bought the lense for. For parties, concerts, and night shots. But it's also a higher quality lense (much sharper, faster and more precise af, better colors) than the regular kit lense - and having USM I can now manually adjust the focus - even though I'm in automatic mode: no more focusing on something in front when what I want is in the back (like behind a veil, bush, whatever), just because the auto focus thinks it knows better...

smile_o.gif

I was thinking about ordering a polar filter, but then I decided on a simple UV filter for a start. I want to get a feeling for this lense before I start complicating things by adding 'extras'. Anyways, I really like how some reflections turned out (especially on this, this and this picture).