Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Great pics all!

I am still waiting for the Insurance money to replace my speedlight, but should be next week... But i couldnt wait any longer to do some macro stuff. I found this sick (I thought) bee crawling slowly across a wine glass in my kitchen. I took a few shots then placed the poor girl in a safe part of my trusty Venus Fly trap for some interesting back ground, and toooka few more shots. When I finaly placed her outside, she just flew off, obviously not that sick at all! It was really hard doing Macro stuff without a Flash, I would have been in trouble if the Bee wasnt so still...

BeeonVenus2.jpg

BeeonVenus.jpg

BeeonCloth.jpg

BeeinGlass.jpg

My Nikon 18-200mm VR turned up the morning that I had to fly to Wellington for a gig (Anika Moa @ the Southern Cross Bar), but I was so busy there I didnt even get a chance to take my camera out of its bag, apart fom the flight home the next day...

MtTaranaki.jpg

Fantastic pic from the aircraft Kill, beatiful country you got down there.

And some artsy macro-ish shots from me

Tiller pin on our narrow boat

normal_Img_2770.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_2776.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_2781.jpg

Bigger

I guess those things on the side are holes that assure the river won't flood? Else it looks like it easily could :P

I finally grabbed some shots of the overspill.

normal_Img_2810.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_2812.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_2817.jpg

Bigger

This is "our" local overspill, drains down into the fields below. There are overspills like this, and ones of varying size all across the network.

Bit late, but thanks Red Kite - she was prompt to point that one out to me too, said she looked "demonic!"

I'll fix it up ASAP, babe!

Can anyone of you recommend a comparable lense for the new camera? Maybe something around 28-200mm again, as that proved quite convenient in the past.

I didn't get the kit lens, I just bought the 350D body.  I have a Sigma 18-200m that rarely comes off the camera.  For the price, the quality seems to be quite fine.  I only find it a bit lacking in low light, which is why I got a Canon 50mm f1.8, also very good for the price.  It's small, plastic, light, and while 50mm is a pretty tight frame on APS-C, it's nice to have around.

The all purpose Sigma 18-200mm f3.5:

http://www.sigma4less.com/sess....CA%3D29

I'll post some pics soon, when I have time to process them...

No Plants or animals were harmed in the making of these photos... I bet the snail was quite annoyed though... Teased with all these flowers and not allowed to eat any. I bet his flax bush was real boring after this!

WarratahAndSnail1.jpg

WhiteRoseandSnail.jpg

OrchidOrgans.jpg

OrchidAndSnail1.jpg

World fasted snail...

OrchidSnail2.jpg

Lovely macro shots there Killagee! smile_o.gif

I recently found my dad's old Minolta 9000 (w/ exernal flash and 2 lenses) again which I now consider my 'new' analogue SLR.

I'll be playing around with this camera in the future smile_o.gif

normal_minolta9000.jpg

bigger

I mounted the old Minolta flash on my 350D for this pic biggrin_o.gif (looked quite funny, but it sorta worked, I want to get a 580EX sometime)

[edit] This is my first go at product photography, so it's a bit dodgy. tounge2.gif

I finally have a speedlight again! Its a Nikon SB800, and another SB600 in its way from insurance. Whats the first thing you do when it arrives? Of course its race off into the garden to blind innocent creatures...

FlyOnLeaf.jpg

FlyonLeaf2.jpg

I started to set up a little macro studio in my garage too... No real lights to speak of yet, just my bedside lamp and the flash. Its a start...

This is the view of my studio from the insects point of view... Poor buggers, must be frightening...

InsideOut-StudioMe.jpg

OrbandOrchid.jpg

SnailandVenus2Crop.jpg