Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

http://members.cox.net/olrbengax/cd.jpg

Too bad I won't be able to go to the airshow here in Wichita this year. I have a stupid project that I have to do for school then. Anyone wanna spam my teacher's email address? biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Pic over 100kB!!! (102.09 kB)

That dirt bike looks like the suspension is fucked.

No, the front shocks have a lot of travel because the front hits the whoops a lot harder.

Too bad I won't be able to go to the airshow here in Wichita this year.  I have a stupid project that I have to do for school then.  Anyone wanna spam my teacher's email address?  biggrin_o.gif

It's really not that great.  The static displays weren't worth it (last year they had lots more because of hurricanes, I guess Florida's not getting pounded this week because it was pretty sparse), you could only get in one of the big ones (C-17).

Plus I got the hell burnt out of me standing around getting bossed around by 11 year old volunteers obsessed with people leaning on the orange plastic fence. crazy_o.gif

The aerial displays are definately worth it though.  Along with various aerobatic performances there was a warbirds display which was just amazing (AC-47, AT-6, PT-19, B-17, B-25 as well as others), F-16 demo was amazing, B-1 flyby (which is my new ringtone biggrin_o.gif), F-16/P-51 heritage flight, and of course the snowbirds.  Not to mention the golden knights.

Good show, but bring sun lotion.

NW of Vancouver - freshwater lake and unexpectedly tidal... our beach got a lot smaller after we arrived:

04.jpg

06.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Great pics earl! Most lakes are slightly tidal...

Some pics I might not have put up before...

Me! This was the last frame on the roll of film, it got stuck and by fluke came out all funny like this. hehe. Was taken at on Robbie WIlliams tour '02

Me4.jpg

Helen_Young_LTA01.jpg

Many_Hands.jpg

The_Ocean_my_Lover.jpg

Koas1.jpg

FSPilot, I got one of my jeeps from a guy who has a hangar right on the other side of the fence from the Boeing C-17 factory in Long Beach. Man, that hangar is MASSIVE - about 10 or 20 stories - wish that I had brought my camera! Could see two brand new C-17's being built as well.

I'll have some pictures to post after the weekend of Oct 9-10 smile_o.gif

PS: Must be nice having that many people at your airshow. The Miramar Airshow attracts millions of <s>idiots</s> <s>tourists</s> <s>democrats (but only because their kids said they HAD to go)</s> actually I can't think of the word. biggrin_o.gif

It was nice not having a huge crowd this year.  There was still enough people to stand around in front of the airplane to ruin my shots though (and get them denied from airliners.net mad_o.gif ).

I should be coming up with some good shots soon.  I'm on the flight team at college and one of our activities involves standing next to a runway (and I mean right next to a runway) and juding spot landings.  Should make for some great in-air shots.  Maybe some wheelbarrowing planes and tailstrikes, but hopefully not.

edit - Here's one I didn't post earlier.  A P-51D "Gunslinger" after performing a heritage flight with an F-16.

http://fspilot.homestead.com/files/Airshow/P51flag.JPG

That's a 48 star flag he's waving.  IIRC they said it was commemorative of the flags they used in WW2 (there were only 48 states in WW2).

edit: oops pic size!

Inukshuks and geese:

Inukshuk035_edited.jpg

Inukshuk036_edited.jpg

Inukshuk037_edited.jpg

An inukshuk built by my girlfriend and I:

Inukshuk007-1.jpg

We called it "grenouille", since if you squint and look at it sideways, it sort of looks like a frog...maybe :P

Great pics earl! Most lakes are slightly tidal...

True, but this is a small lake that is affected by *ocean* tides it surges up the Fraser River, which backs up the Pitt River, and the lake fluctuates by up to 150cm. Most of the lake is filled up with sediment... lots of mud banks. We actually grounded the canoe in the middle of the lake and had to get out and walk... 500m from shore. I wish someone on shore could have taken a picture of us.

I like the cat photo... looks like he's locked on to a target.

@Tovarish, reminds me of home! The good old Canadian Shield...

Earlier on in the week a mate and myself decided to go up Little Mt. Peel, one of smaller mountains in our area (it is 1311m compared to 2400 of some) and so we had a good day of walking and got some great views-worth the pain of going up and down some steep parts.

This is the view looking out to the ocean (the building at the bottom of the photo is a hut)

100_2601-2.jpg

Looking down the north side

100_2598-2.jpg

Looking along the ridge that leads to Big Mt. Peel.  Those are the Southern Alps in the distance, one of them possibly Mt. Cook-NZ's tallest mountain.

100_2596-2.jpg

all these pics ive seen on this thread showing NZ make me wanna go there, it looks beautiful smile_o.gif

and some pics from another day at work, these from an upcoming comercial for PS2 GT4 game.

fgt1.jpg

fgt2.jpg

fgt3.jpg

fgt4.jpg

fgt5.jpg

while not a big fan of american cars, this is by far the best ive ever had the chance of working with, the revamped FordGT, and thats counting Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porches and Aston Martins, nothing compares to this work of art ( they are making 1100 units, the lucky ones will pay 150.000 euros +\- for one of these)

and some of a one of a kind car, theres 2 prototipes, but only this one has an engine in it, it as W shaped engine, 12 cilinders, its evaluated at 1.000.000 pounds crazy_o.gif

w12.jpg

w12.1.jpg

w12.2.jpg

w12.3.jpg

and some "minor" ones tounge_o.gif

P205.jpg

an old favorite of mine...

lemans.JPG

this one finished Lemans 24h in 4th place, its a 5 liter engine, 600cv, and "drinks" 50 liters each 100km at an average speed of 200kph biggrin_o.gif

Bonko the Sane, this is a really impressive lineup...

Wish I were you.  smile_o.gif

Thx for the pictures !

I enjoyed a ride with an old school mini with racekit and an incredible women at the wheel, who said that "leaves make road a bit tricky" and speeded into a medium right with 130 km/h today biggrin_o.gif

Those are the moments you really feel alive.

crazy_o.gif

PLZ OMG DONT QUOTE THE IMAGES PLZ OMG.

nice fingernails, skull.

Here's some more pic's for ya'a

Stormfront Coming

Stormfront.jpg

Prop Reflection

AirNZProp0029.jpg

Old Oamaru Building

OamaruOldLores.jpg

Who's that stud doing spot landings in a 172?

land_1.JPG

Not my best landings ever, got a good picture out of it though.

heli_135.JPG

An AS-350 Squirrel (aka, AStar) taking off about 30 feet away from me in front of a KANG KC-135R.

Nice photos boys :]

Here are some photos...I made them in my room ghostface.gif

t610.jpg

keyboard.jpg

sluchatka.jpg

joy.jpg

btw: this is not comercial on Logitech tounge_o.gif

Hey I've got that joystick. And that headset, with the customizable color plates? biggrin_o.gif