Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

i had a walk in the park today and made some pics of chateau augustusburg and the surrounding area .. which i should go to more often, it´s really nice there  smile_o.gif

augu5.jpg

augu4.jpg

augu.jpg

augu1.jpg

augu2.jpg

augu3.jpg

btw: lousy airtraffic today, haven´t seen a single plane crazy_o.gif

and nice view ralph .. is it the rockys in the background ?

You know, most people complain about there being too many airplanes.

I sure wish everybody had the same appreciation for aviation that we do. biggrin_o.gif

You know, most people complain about there being too many airplanes.

I sure wish everybody had the same appreciation for aviation that we do. biggrin_o.gif

it´s only annoying when they fly low on sunday mornings  especially those Tornados .. dunno if they use afterburners but they use to be loud  crazy_o.gif

got another pic, shows a crypt near chateau Falkenlust:

falkenlust.jpg

Took a 10km hike last night in Quebec, most of it after dark, to go see a cave.

Tree growing on top of a rock just outside the cave:

Caverne_Lusk1.jpg

Caverne Lusk:

Caverne_Lusk2.jpg

Caverne_Lusk3.jpg

Caverne_Lusk4.jpg

Caverne_Lusk5.jpg

Fuckin cool pic Maximus!

I love pictures of weather and all that good stuff.  Living in Kansas makes for some great sunsets and thunderstorms.

Well hell, I'll give her another shot at the girly cloud pictures.  wink_o.gif

6960f97a.jpg

Edit: Something I made in wordworking back in highschool for my teacher.  tounge_o.gif

theboard.jpg

Car pic.

camarorear.jpg

camarointerior.jpg

camarofront.jpg

Pool water, any good?

pool.jpg

The second one of Tovarish´s pics looks extremely spooky.

Confess !

It´s a Doom3 screenie biggrin_o.gif

And Hit_Sqd_Maximus: You want to sell the black beast ? biggrin_o.gif

Nice car.

And Hit_Sqd_Maximus: You want to sell the black beast ?  biggrin_o.gif

Nice car.

blah..Germans and autos.... tounge_o.gif

and nice view ralph .. is it the rockys in the background ?

thanx. however, compression left it a bit shady. The photo was taken in June, on my last visit to my now ex-girlfriend. It was east of Los Angeles county. The mountains you see there are called San Bernardino mountains IIRC.

Well hell, I'll give her another shot at the girly cloud pictures.  wink_o.gif

Nothing girly about lenticular clouds and mountain wave turbulence strong enough to rip a plane apart. tounge_o.gif

lol

psc_len1_jshafer.jpg

It's a lenticular cloud (obviously).  They only occur over mountains or sharp rises in terrain.  If the wind is going along at it's own pace and hits a mountain, it has to go up.  When air goes up it usually cools, sometimes to the point where it condenses (dewpoint) and forms a cloud.  The air goes right back down afterwards, so it looks like a little bump in the sky.

The problem is that when the winds get big enough they set up a wave and can cause severe turbulence hundreds of miles downwind of a mountain.  In this picture you can sort of see the wave setting up.  There's a really nice picture of a lenticular cloud forming over a small island in the middle of the ocean.  Can't seem to find it now though.

It's a lenticular cloud (obviously).  They only occur over mountains or sharp rises in terrain.  If the wind is going along at it's own pace and hits a mountain, it has to go up.  When air goes up it usually cools, sometimes to the point where it condenses (dewpoint) and forms a cloud.  The air goes right back down afterwards, so it looks like a little bump in the sky.

The problem is that when the winds get big enough they set up a wave and can cause severe turbulence hundreds of miles downwind of a mountain.  In this picture you can sort of see the wave setting up.  There's a really nice picture of a lenticular cloud forming over a small island in the middle of the ocean.  Can't seem to find it now though.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap031201.html

It's called Hawaii :P

Cool stuff.

that big cloud looks like a dolphin without tailfin, or am i smoking too much  tounge_o.gif

anyway, made some photos of a ww2 bunker today:

bunker1.jpg

i´m walking..

bunker2.jpg

a moonlandscape, maybe craters from bombing?

bunker3.jpg

bunker4.jpg

finally there, to the top left you see the remains of the entrance door

bunker5.jpg

the roof is gone .. dunno if it was blown from top or after the war from inside

bunker7.jpg

Where you located burns?

Here is a truck I'm thinking about buying, I'm going to offer $5,000 US and see what happens. smile_o.gif It's a 1996 Z71 with a 3" lift.

z71front.jpg

BTW, how do you make objects look more clear in photo's? All you can really see is the outline of the truck.

Where you located burns?

Here is a truck I'm thinking about buying, I'm going to offer $5,000 US and see what happens. smile_o.gif It's a 1996 Z71 with a 3" lift.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kilhoffa/z71front.jpg

i live in bruehl, it´s a medium sized city near cologne..germany

and i got another shot from the forrest, with a little bit editing done to  tounge_o.gif

wald1.jpg

btw: 5000$ seems like an awsesome price for that car, in germany most vendors would sell it for at least 15000 $/€  (even if it was affordable i wouldn´t buy.. regarding the high gasoline prices it would ruin me pretty quick crazy_o.gif )

btw: 5000$ seems like an awsesome price for that car, in germany most vendors would sell it for at least 15000 $/€

Cars in Europe (and here) are ridiculously overtaxed.

and i got another shot from the forrest, with a little bit editing done to  tounge_o.gif

[imghttp://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/mrburns/wald1.jpg[/img]

That´s nice photo :]

ontopic:

palmsmall.jpg

this belongs more into military humour imho..

one of your vespa pics would be more suitable here smile_o.gif

and TY status .. i like your´s too, reminds me of VBS1 tounge_o.gif

I would kill myself if I lived in L.A.... Being sticky, sweaty 24/7 most of the year must be awful!

However, that last picture looks very nice Ralph. Where is it taken from?

I would kill myself if I lived in L.A.... Being sticky, sweaty 24/7 most of the year must be awful!

However, that last picture looks very nice Ralph. Where is it taken from?

actually, LA is seldom sweaty. it's drier than most metrolpolitan areas.

the last pic was taken near my paren't place.

I would kill myself if I lived in L.A.... Being sticky, sweaty 24/7

I'd kill myself if I had to be there for over 2 hours just because it's LA! crazy_o.gif

Those clouds are thunderheads. Just figures none of them can disrupt school here by starting a fire sad_o.gif. And just figures none of them go over the school and provide shade sad_o.gif.

Borrego Springs actually flooded with an inch of rain. So it's like the middle of the desert gets to get flooded with rain but the coast doesn't? That's BS! I want a refund sad_o.gif