Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

there are missions, but only A&D and C&H so far (that im aware of)

check the WGL forums for the maps

What the pack was designed for wink_o.gif

Competitive teamplay.

So nothing about this littel pack of hummwvs and TOW is it going to be released or not rock.gif

The TOW will NOT be released seperately, as Angus (or anyone else for that matter) does not have permission from Marfy to do so.

As for the hummers, thats up to Angus.

As for the hummers, thats up to Angus.

as for Angus... hes not responding on the forums or his PM's.. this all seems like a lost cause.. the hummers good in all.. but dont seem to work with the best units around right now.. and you need this huge pack just for the hummers... no offence to the makers of this pack i just think the Hummers were the best thing in here and should be released as an individual addon. personally... its not to upsetting learning that the tow cant be released... but there are absolutely NO working hummers out there...

shame no one has ever completed any hummers able to work with OFP: Resistance properly.

Reading this thread, I was going to say exactly the same about HumVees... Guess we gonna have to wait for BAS.

In the meantime I'll probably try to rip them and this beautiful TOW launcher out of the pack for my private use.

Concerning TOW, is it going to be relased with any other addon?

I've got a question:

How can I you the CAS from the Radio?

I almost mean the same as you.

Question:

How can I use the CAS? Aircraft don´t attack.

Any script?

I've got a question:

Question:

Any script?

It creates an invisible target for any other HUMAN pilot to be able to lock onto, so that he knows precisely where to attack. It doesn't do anything in SP.

I've got a question:

Question:

Any script?

It'll be out with the BAS Vehicles pack, initially in Desert form, and then in "Woodland".

Ok... I got an error message everytime i go exit the mission editor... On this island, the mission background on the ofp game main menu do not show, it always said

"cannot load mission, missing : wgel_200, wgel weaps"

Any news on this pack? It's a great pack with some bugs and oddities. Our squad just started using this pack as the only addon pack. Easy and simple as it contains most of the stuff we anyway use.

Just a few questions to the author:

-The BRDM mortar carrier has incorrectly 81mm mortar rounds, is there an easy way to correct this? Because at the moment it is useless.

-Why can't one use GRU troops? Only as ai controlled groups but not as player, is there some way to fix this on my own?

I really likes this pack as the realism-freak I am but I dont like the gun sights.

The guns look really good but not the optics..

I opened up the wgl_wep.pbo (cant help it, I´m curious tounge_o.gif ) and I can see there that the xxx_optic.paa are much better than shown ingame.

The optics ingame are very dark black and have no detailed textures, not even close to the xxx_optic.paa in the pbo.

I would like to have the nice optic textures ingame.

Help?

It'll be out with the BAS Vehicles pack, initially in Desert form, and then in "Woodland".

will there be some groovy ammunitioun included ?

maybe this instead of the bgm 71A which comes with WGL ? unclesam.gif

Mortars:

For Mission Editors:

A) To enable the mortar control system, copy the description.ext from one of the sample missions.

B) If you are placing a mortar already set up on the map, place a "manned" one, ungrouped to any playable units. The mortars use an invisible AI unit for fire control.

USING THE MORTAR CONTROL SYSTEM

When you approach a mortar, you will get the option for "FIRE CONTROL". There are several options available.

A) Basic Fire Control

There are two edit boxes: Azimuth and Elevation. For security reasons, anything you type runs through a text parser. This creates a few limitations:

1) to delete a number you may have to press the delete key instead of the backspace key.

2) decimals are not currently supported.

Anyway, Azimuth is the compass direction the mortar is pointing. Elevation is how much above the horizon the tube is pointing.

The default values are MILS-W. The button on the far right of the dialog can switch to MILS-E and Degrees.

Valid Degrees run from 0-360 for azimuth, and 45-90 for elevation.

MILS-W run from 0-6400 for Azimuth, and 800-1600 for elevation.

MILS-E are 0-6000 and 750-1500.

So to fire the mortar:

1. You punch in the azimuth and elevation.

2. Press "Target" to turn the mortar in the proper direction.

3. you or your assistant loads a round into the tube.

4. Press "Fire" to fire a round.

Repeat 3 and 4 as necessary.

B) Plotting a target.

On the dialog are three buttons: G T and O

These are for plotting the location of the gun (mortar), target and the observer.

Press on each one of them, then go to map and click on the location.

After you set Gun and Target

you will receive some information in the bottom left corner that will read something like:

G-T 5674 Range 1074 Up -16

This means:

G-T is the direction from gun to target in mils. (Mils-W for western mortars, mils-E for the 82mm). Since there's no wind that affects shells, you can transfer this number directly to azimuth.

Range is the range in meters between the two targets.

Up is the difference in meters ASL between the two. If Up is negative, the target is below you.

In the middle you will see a couple of firing table entries. You can also access these without entering a target by using the up and down arrows on the right side.

If you set Observer, you will get additional data, that will tell you about how to translate your observer's adjustments (left, right,add/drop) into adjustments on your mortar.

C) reading the firing tables.

These firing tables do not give azimuth adjustments. To adjust in azimuth, use the following formula:

1 mil in azimuth = Range in meters/1000

so at 1km range, 1 mil in azimuth = 1meter.

The tables give:

Range: range in meters, in 100 m increments

Elevation: elevation in mils (W for the 60 and 81, E for the 82mm)needed to hit a target at same ASL at given range.

1mil = difference in m that one mil makes. REmember that the mortar is a high-angle weapon, so for each mil you subtract from the given entry, you need to add that many meters in range.

ToF = time of flight in seconds.

My guess is everyone else is waiting on the official release. Hell, in writing the last post I found 3 bugs that needed to be fixed.

@Angus:

I like the addpack and and value the work that went into it. Since realism is your target may i suggest one thing for the bradley though:

It would be a bit more to the real thing when the ammo for the guns isn't fully available. As it's currently you have the whole load of HEI and APFSDS for the M242 ready to fire and also the whole load for the M240C ready to fire.

Obviously you know that the ready ammo for the bushmaster is 300 rounds in two boxes, one holding 70 (AP) rounds and the other 230 (HEI) rounds. The rest of the bushmaster ammo is stored away in the vehicle.

As you implemented the double feed you zeroed the time for magazine reload to quickly switch between APFSDS and HEI.

However the drawback is you can't define a realistic reload time to fill up the ready ammo and so magazines for reload would be useless.

So may i suggest a workaround for this. It's a quick change in the config and requires no scripting:

Define a second Bushmaster in the weapons section and then change both so that one only fires HEI and the other only APFSDS. So now you can change between the ammo types by pressing spacebar rather than have to reload the other type. The limits of the OFP engine will work here in favour of us as the second Bushmaster would use the same muzzle as the first, so the effects would be right in place for both. The advantage is that now you can define real a ready ammo stock for both types (70 APDS or APFSDS and 230 HEI) and have realistic delay for filling the ready ammo up once it's been spend. You can even have different reload times for AP and HEI since it's now "two" weapons. Only drawback is: once one kind of Bushmaster ammo is spend you can still fire the second while the first one is reloaded. I rather doubt that you could do that in real live, since the gunner would be busy with reloading. Maybe one could workaround this by setting backgroundreload to false. But that i haven't tested out.

Overall this would lead to a more real Bradley and this could also be applied to other double feed autocannons.

Splitting up the coax ammo is rather simple just reduce the magazine size to 800 rounds and add three magazines. In the weapons part increase the reload time and you're done.

S!

I noticed this bug on I beleive on a couple occasions, on one of the T64's

"Cannot load texture sig_t64b\barrelnu2.paa"

As well, using the commander view on the T55, I noticed that when I pull ALLLL the way back and up, the tank itself dissaperes rarely.

I dl the 2.50 patch and I can't deploy the mortar or other deployable weapons anymore :

The error:

Cannot find fx\deploy_base.sqs script

I think it's in the wg_men.pbo...

What's wrong?