Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.1

The boat is generally unfinished, it bounces, it's wave/wake is off center (drifting to the left), and the light at night appears out of nowhere.

Q: Do we have an ETA on the Full Version 1.1 download yet, or would I be better off to download V1.0 and then the patch?

And

If I were to wait for a full 1.1 download, would it be free of the small errors that thus far, some people have noticed?

Cheers smile_o.gif

2nd Edit: any chance of releasing a readme on how to use the arty?

Its real easy, just place a artillery object on the map and get a LV217 field radio, then a "use sanla"-option appears in the action menu. You just enter the message like this:

Ha86 200 10

<coordinates> <dispersion in meter> <amount of shots>

and push the "lähetä" button in the lower right corner of the sanla device and off you go. blues.gif

Txs,

lol...it seems i was typing too big a dispersion factor...and the shells ended up falling on me!  crazy_o.gif

Edit: and btw, im a exploMod fan from day one, but in FDF1.1 theres no need whatsoever for exploMod wink_o.gif

OMG! Fantastic work on this FDF mod. Well impressed. The Islands are fantastic and the Marksman is one mean machine. I like the Static anti-tank rifle and M-95 too...

Looking forward to the NH-90!

Update: the bmp2 uses the fdf_bmp30 weapon from the Finnish_Defence_Forces_Mod class in fdf_conf.pbo. That is exactly the error message i got in an older mission using the normal bmp2 (Cannot load mission, missing addons: finnish_defence_forces_mod).

Yes, that is something that definitely should not be there. Reason for creating our own BMP2.pbo was to get rid of problems like these with 1.0 but still having correct sized BMPs.

We will include fix in full version and release small (500kB) update for those who already applied 1.1 patch, as soon as we're finished with testing.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]this addmagazine "FDF_molotov" wink_o.gif

Don't suppose you know how to camcreate it?  I used the normal line, but it wont camcreate it.  Is there something else other than FDF_molotov that I have to call it to camcreate it?

I would also like to know if theres any way to camcreate the molotov... or is there atleast a way to get the same effect from a script?

Harnu, did you try using Createvehicle instead? I will post back with the exact line (think it is identical to camcreate, but with createvehicle in it's place). Haven't tried with molotovs, but worked with all other "kaboomers" I've tried. smile_o.gif

About this GMR_explomod and FDFmod:

I can say, that FDFmod team doesn't support GMR_explomod for now. We have our own explosions now.

But the real reason is, that using GMR_explomod causes lots of errors in OFP and MP.

If you try to connect with GMR_explomod and fdfmod to servers using default fdfmod, I'm sure you get LOTS of errors or maybe even crash server.

About this GMR_explomod and FDFmod:

I can say, that FDFmod team doesn't support GMR_explomod for now. We have our own explosions now.

But the real reason is, that using GMR_explomod causes lots of errors in OFP and MP.

If you try to connect with GMR_explomod and fdfmod to servers using default fdfmod, I'm sure you get LOTS of errors or maybe even crash server.

Man! You spoil my pleasure in early morning with your pure fabrication. "LOTS OF ERROR" DO You think anybody would play my mod if it is full of bugs? I admit there is some problem between unofficial addons and GMR mod, but it is far from your statemant. And of course causes problem running GMR and FDF mod together, after all they have a different modified config.bin.

So you oblige me by not talking about my mod in hostile attitude in the future.

thanks

Just to (hopefully) ease the tension, I think MikkoFinn was referring to errors when combining the two mods together. His bottom line was:

"If you try to connect with GMR_explomod and fdfmod to servers using default fdfmod, I'm sure you get LOTS of errors or maybe even crash server."

They're just most probably not compatible. it would be great if they were, though.

Man! You spoil my pleasure in early morning with your pure fabrication. "LOTS OF ERROR" DO You think anybody would play my mod if it is full of bugs? I admit there is some problem between unofficial addons and GMR mod, but it is far from your statemant. And of course causes problem running GMR and FDF mod together, after all they have a different modified config.bin.

So you oblige me by not talking about my mod in hostile attitude in the future.

thanks

I think someone burned his sleeves as we say in Finland.

I have no meaning to insult or anything like that, but I just wanted to say that we don't support problems with GMR mod and FDFmod.

GMR mod and FDFmod will just cause lots of errors used together.

hi there! i have a little problem, but i have no time to read the whole topic... so:

i have localiZed version of OFP (russian). i have d\l and patched my OFP to 1.94 and it works well. i run flashpointbeta.exe and everything cool. FDF says that i have to make a shortcut like this:

flashpointbeta.exe -mod=finmod

when i run this shortcut my computer gets stuck mad_o.gif

if i run old shortcut (aka flashpointresistance.exe -mod=finmod) everything seems to be OK! What should i do? is it OK that i'm playing FDF mod with 1.91rock.gif

is it OK that i'm playing FDF mod with 1.91rock.gif

First line on FDF's download page:

Quote[/b] ]FDF Mod v. 1.0 to 1.1 PATCH (149 MB, requires FDFMOD 1.0 <span style='color:red'>and OFP Resistance 1.94+</span>)

hi there! i have a little problem, but i have no time to read the whole topic... so:

i have localiZed version of OFP (russian). i have d\l and patched my OFP to 1.94 and it works well. i run flashpointbeta.exe and everything cool. FDF says that i have to make a shortcut like this:

flashpointbeta.exe -mod=finmod

when i run this shortcut my computer gets stuck  mad_o.gif

if i run old shortcut (aka flashpointresistance.exe -mod=finmod) everything seems to be OK! What should i do? is it OK that i'm playing FDF mod with 1.91rock.gif

I am running FDF 1.1 with 1.92 BETA just fine. And I would assume that it would run fine with 1.91 aswell. If any "cannot creat 3D device" errors pop up try using -nomap parameter. But I would suggest that you try running with 1.92 instead if you are planning on playing multiplayer.

I will edit this post after I do a 1.91 test with FDFmod smile_o.gif

I have a question I couldn't find answered in the ReadMe nor in the FDF FAQ:

Between the original release of FDF V1.0 and the new V1.1 patch, the FDF team released the following 3 interim upgrade files:

1. FDF V1.0 corrected SP mission Hard Times

2. FDF V1.0 corrected MP mission pack 1

3. FDF V1.0 corrected file FDF_v.PBO

It looks like the 3rd correction above to file FDF_v.PBO is not necessary, as this file is included in the new patch.

But do the first 2 items above still need to be installed before installing the new V1.0 to V1.1 upgrade patch? rock.gif

Also, the new patch installs a new version of SP mission "Frontier Christmas 2005" but leaves the old one in place, as the file name was slightly changed. Should the old version be deleted?

Thank u people for help! i have 1.92 as well but havn't tested yet. i think that i have problem because of russian version. BIS say that 1.94 is international, aren't they?

Thank u people for help! i have 1.92 as well but havn't tested yet. i think that i have problem because of russian version. BIS say that 1.94 is international, aren't they?

Also, be prepared for errors relating to your Russian version and the fonts FDFmod uses. I do not know if these errors have been attended to in FDF 1.1 but if you experience some weird graphical errors this could be the problem.

By the way, here is the contact E-mail for you if you have any further problems and want to discuss them with your personal FDFmod counselor tounge_o.gif

fdfmod@mbnet.fi <-Dr. FinMods contact email.

GoOB

i've solved fonts' problem when i got FDF 0.9 smile_o.gif)))

just copied /dta/fonts.pbo into /finmod/dta/fonts.pbo

Hey i recently installed this mod (and winter nogojev to play some of the missions). Now every thing is dandy and it really looks nice, high quality work. Only one strange thing, if i have my men standing around doing nothing for a while some of them start breakdancing rock.gif

Hey i recently installed this mod (and winter nogojev to play some of the missions). Now every thing is dandy and it really looks nice, high quality work. Only one strange thing, if i have my men standing around doing nothing for a while some of them start breakdancing  rock.gif

Before you fix it, can you post a screenie for us! biggrin_o.gif

Love the Molotov Cocktails. Only problem I have been able to find so far is that AI will not use them.