Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas pavehawks

Alright guys, for those of you who didn't understand Tigersharks very good description of the differences between the Blackhawk and the pave hawk..  Here's the extremely abridged version;

BlackHawk = US Army

PaveHawk = US Air Force

now I understand that may not be enough to quell your inquistive minds, so I'll elaborate a bit more.  

The Black Hawk is basically your down and dirty workhorse helicopter (from what i understand from my buds in the 101st Aviation) While I was in Iraq, they were mainly using them as Medevac, but they caught the occasional dog and pony show and rolled with "Expect No Mercy"..  (if you were at the KRAB you'd know who I'm talking about)  forget all that army ranger boo-yah bullshit.. they just weren't using them (the ranger's were using stolen cars..  long story)  

Now the pave hawk is something else entirely.  For one, the avionics cost about a billion kajillion dollars more than the setup on the black hawk.( I was with tigershark when he got bitched at by one of the Flight Engineers for asking too many questions about it tounge_o.gif)... The other thing is mission..  As tigershark clearly stated.. they're used for insertion of Special Tactics teams and CSAR..  The army don't do CSAR.  Thats the PJ's whole reason for existing.

now I know some of you guys out there have a crappy social life and that there are exceptions to both airframes.  I am NOT A CREW CHIEF, so I'm not too into specifics, but i do DRINK with the Pave Hawk Avionics guys and this is what I've been told.  

Hope that helps..

Well put. smile_o.gif

I cant wait to have SOCOM in OFP. smile_o.gif

The Black Hawk is basically your down and dirty workhorse helicopter (from what i understand from my buds in the 101st Aviation)

Now the pave hawk is something else entirely.  For one, the avionics cost about a billion kajillion dollars more than the setup on the black hawk.

[light sarcasm]Mmm. That´s probably why 1st SFOD-Delta use the Blackhawk and not the Pavehawk, they´re not interested in those high-tech thingies that they don´t understand, and after all they´re not that important compared to CSAR teams. wink_o.gif  [/light sarcasm]

I think you´re talking about the "standard" UH-60 Blackhawk, Defender, while the reeally expensive ones (more so than the Pavehawks if I understand it correctly) MH-60Ks are also Blackhawks. Ah, all I know is that my inquisitive mind isn´t quelled yet! wink_o.gif

Yes I was talking about the "standard" black hawk because thats the one thats used the most.. I also said the black hawk is used for many things other than medevac. But where I was not 1 week ago, thats what they were using it for mostly... now that I think about it they used them for Air Assaults once or twice.... but the Urban environment we were in made it kind of a pain in the ass so most raids were done with hummers and/or stolen cars.

Yes I was talking about the "standard" black hawk because thats the one thats used the most.. I also said the black hawk is used for many things other than medevac.  But where I was not 1 week ago, thats what they were using it for mostly... now that I think about it they used them for Air Assaults once or twice....  but the Urban environment we were in made it kind of a pain in the ass so most raids were done with hummers and/or stolen cars.

I would imagine conducting the raids in stolen local cars would be much more effective by allowing the raiders to maintain the element of surprise for much longer than they could with a helo insert.  Also, if the crap hit the fan escape and evasion would be easier too.

*Schoeler tires desperately to hide his smartass grin* So when can we expect the stolen local cars addons to be released? tounge_o.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there quite a bit of info about the various choppers on BAS's homepage?

I'm sure reading them will help clearing up the confusion about the different helo types discussed in this post.

Back on topic:

Really looking forward to the euro camo scheme pavehawk

smile_o.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there quite a bit of info about the various choppers on BAS's homepage?

I'm sure reading them will help clearing up the confusion about the different helo types discussed in this post.

AT LAST!!!

Someone astute enough to use the site for its intended purpose...

Myself, and Tigershark did not spend hours putting all the data on the BAS Site for it to sit there looking pretty...

9 times out of 10, if you got a question about the real life aspect of one of our addons, it can be found on the site!!!

I always liked the info on the BAS homepage. Almost more than I ever wanted to know about helicopters. smile_o.gif

Personally, I'm looking forward to the gunship grey scheme. I think it's kinda sexy. smile_o.gif

Yeah I like it too, great job on that smile_o.gif

I just noticed you're making a Land Rover Defender 110 SOV, didn't know anything about it before. But thanks to the info page I now know quite a bit about it. This is what I love about BAS, the attention to detail and realism unclesam.gif

When will the BAS Seal Team 8 Addons be done?

When will the BAS Seal Team 8 Addons be done?

When thier done. Please dont ask for release dates from addon makers, it makes them hold the release date farther back. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

j/k

Its just they said it would be released soon and that was like back in may or june and now its NOVEMBER

Its just they said it would be released soon and that was like back in may or june and now its NOVEMBER

They were busy with Tonal and the Blackhawks in that time period. Things do somehow get on the backburner.....

I WANT BAS SEAL TEAM 8 ADDONS I WANT IT NOW =::( waaaaah!

They're done when they're done. Read the thread, I'm sure it's been mentioned about the delays behind the SEALs.

Cheers

ofpeditor

I WANT BAS SEAL TEAM 8 ADDONS I WANT IT NOW =::( waaaaah!

Strange that the topic is 'BAS PaveHawks.' Please take that into consideration before posting.

Cheers

OE

oh be quiet u geek i dont care if i get kciked i jsut wanted to know when bas seals be done

oh be quiet u geek i dont care if i get kciked i jsut wanted to know when bas seals be done

That's fine, just don't do it in here. Read the board rules, stay on topic.

Getting back to the PaveHawks:

As Ebud previously mentioned, Tigershark has done an impeccable job on these helos. Having the 60 near and dear to my heart, it's nice to have one in OFP. To the community: you won't be let down by this work.

Cheers

ofpeditor

Well, you'll probably be PR'ed for this outburst blues.gif

Arch.

That's fine, just don't do it in here. Read the board rules, stay on topic.

Getting back to the PaveHawks:

As Ebud previously mentioned, Tigershark has done an impeccable job on these helos. Having the 60 near and dear to my heart, it's nice to have one in OFP. To the community: you won't be let down by this work.

Cheers

ofpeditor

Just to avoid any confusion.

Ebud also has contributed greatly to the textures...and ST has made the Pavie radar.

Thanks for fielding all these question OE smile_o.gif

what a kid biggrin_o.gif

back on topic:

i think it would be better if we can find someone from outside to finish the little part, cause BAS guys are just too buzy, and as i said b4, they desire a rest smile_o.gif

Took these a little while back, and the helo has gotten better looking by the day...

oe05.jpg

pavies.jpg

Cheers

ofpeditor