Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Haddock

Ferret. new screenshot at http://ofp.gamezone.cz

Have you seen the "screenshot of the week" at http://ofp.gamezone.cz ?

They've got the Ferret!

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/screenshots/sotw.jpg

Funny thing is that there's no mention in the news. Is it just a sneaky preview? Who is putting it in the game?

Hmm... Le Capitaine scratches his head  rock.gif

Need to talk to Oberon...

Some guy from operation Gulf War Crisis is putting it ingame, cant remember who though. You should look up the old thread and contact him if you are that curious?

i pm´ed the guy (can´t remember the name too) regarding an update for us yesterday .. have got no answer till now.

Hmm... I think the guy was Swift08 or something to that effect.... He said on that thread that it was only a few days off. I wonder what happened!?

Ooooh yes. The Ferret would be awesome in "Tonal camo" As would Footmunches Skyraider.

It is our little competition at OFP.info. People can guess what it is and who is its author. smile_o.gif

I think Swift88 gave up on it, and now blackdog is pimping it to anybody qualified to get it in game.

I think Swift88 gave up on it, and now blackdog is pimping it to anybody qualified to get it in game.

So, we ended up using Sigma-6 ;)

Which is serious or just a joke?

I hope it's serious that you found at least someone who could do the job. Christ!! We have waited long enough for this addon. This thing could have been finished weeks ago. If sigma has taken up the addon;

thank god, in sigma we trust  wink_o.gif

Which is serious or just a joke?

Of course I'm serious. There are just a few bugs that need to be squashed and then a few more camo skins applied (one of which was shown on the previous thread which is now closed)

Oh! What camo schemes? Tonal style, Rhodesian what?

Ooh, and by the way. Is this the Ferret mk.2 or mk.1?

Not sure of the model. I have a few things I must do before making the beta for Oberon3D.

1. Must add flag proxy...

2. Random numbers

3. Squad logo hidden selections

4. Driver & gunner anims, maybe some sort of animation for people sitting on side? (1-2)

5. Interior light (of some sort)

6. Change sounds to BRDM (a ferret owner told me this best suits the ferret)

7. Add brakelights, fix headlight

8. Gun optics for .30 cal.

9. Fix the funky lighting effects which are apparent in some parts of the model

Any other suggestions to make this addon even better are welcome...

daimler.jpg

if your adding multiple cammo schemes I can send you the psds for the tonal vehicle cammo patterns.

Wel a really noticable bug i noticed when i'm playing with it is that if your the driver or if you are outside you can't see the gunner evan if the driver's panel is open.

Wel a really noticable bug i noticed when i'm playing with it is that if your the driver or if you are outside you can't see the gunner evan if the driver's panel is open.

Its available for download?!

Not sure of the model. I have a few things I must do before making the beta for Oberon3D.

daimler.jpg

It's an MK2

Blackdog, It's looking really good.

I think it's really cool the open window. If you want, you could open the top and sit the comander ( gunner) The geometry is already there.

ns_004.jpg

You could also give the guy outside a binocular view and pose.

Just sugestions...do what you think is good.

You are doing a great job. but Could you keep a bit more in touch?...

Cheers

I'd love a version with bags and stuff on it. That would be very nice. Perhaps make it a little slower but you can rearm from it?

Also as you said Blackdog "riding on the side" animations would be very welcome!

That's looking great! That opened front hatch was really a surprise. Very nice job, Blackdog.

Good to know the Ferret is now in your hands smile_o.gif

Damn, this thing is looking great!

I'm glad it's now finally being finished.

Do you have a timepath on this thingie, blackdog?

I feel it's my duty now to keep this thread alive. . .

Last I heard from Blackdog was that he was working on it.

I ported it ingame, finished setting up the LODs, built the hatch anim (bitch that was) and got the gunner's station working reasonably properly, and once that was all done, I sent it to blackdog

It still needs, best as I can tell, a new set of crew proxies (totally new anims, the normal OFP ones won't fit in such a small vehicle, even jammed in) lights set up, some lighting fixes on the hull (as blackdog said) and a series of resolution LODs.

Hatches where crew come up out of them won't be possible, I'm afraid, but while it's gonna be a bit, best I can tell this thing *will* be released eventually.