Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Mirimar air show

I'll probably go this weekend.. i'll post pics in this thread.

Anyone need pics of anything? (Displays listed on 'static displays' page)

2272x1712 pictures or 1136x848 pictures?

Currently looking forward to taking pictures of:

F-15 Strike Eagle

B-52 Stratofortress

C-5A Galaxy

T-1A Jayhawk

A-10 Thunderbolt

CH-46 Sea Knight

CH-53 Super Stallion

UH-1N Uriquous

AH-1W Super Cobra

HH-65A Dolphin

UH-60 Blackhawk

CH-34 Seahorse

MAGTF Departure (videotaped...)

Hell, that's almost all of them tounge_o.gif

13 aircraft / 300 pictures max.

23 pictures each...

otoczenie_850.jpg

Hehe...Nothing compares to RIAT (Royal International Air Tattoo) at RAF Fairford every year...It's the biggest military airshow in the world in terms of aircraft numbers smile_o.gif

You got good equipment for taking these photos? Cos you'll certainly need it if u wanna get decent ones wink_o.gif

Have fun! smile_o.gif

There are at least 20 more.. these are just demonstrations by people, I have five more of these type pictures and then I'll move on to static displays.

Edit: and videos

airshow01.jpg

airshow02.jpg

airshow03.jpg

airshow04.jpg

airshow05.jpg

airshow06.jpg

airshow07.jpg

airshow08.jpg

airshow09.jpg

airshow10.jpg

airshow11.jpg

airshow12.jpg

airshow13.jpg

airshow14.jpg

airshow15.jpg

airshow16.jpg

airshow17.jpg

airshow18.jpg

airshow19.jpg

airshow20.jpg

airshow21.jpg

airshow22.jpg

airshow23.jpg

The moral of this air show and others like it... don't fuck with the US

Quote[/b] ]... don't fuck with the US

Yep its outdone itself already.... tounge_o.gif

Care to post some F-15 pics BD? smile_o.gif

Only F-15 on the ground (and these were just so deadsoldier could see the labels for an updated F-15). I'll show them anyway, though. (still have 20 or so more pics, and a video or two)

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>I still have at least 20 more pictures and a video</span>

airshow48.jpg

airshow49.jpg

airshow50.jpg

airshow51.jpg

airshow52.jpg

airshow53.jpg

airshow54.jpg

airshow55.jpg

airshow56.jpg

airshow57.jpg

airshow58.jpg

airshow59.jpg

airshow60.jpg

airshow61.jpg

airshow62.jpg

airshow63.jpg

airshow64.jpg

airshow65.jpg

airshow67.jpg

airshow66.jpg

airshow68.jpg

airshow69.jpg

airshow70.jpg

airshow71.jpg

airshow72.jpg

airshow73.jpg

airshow74.jpg

airshow75.jpg

airshow76.jpg

airshow77.jpg

airshow78.jpg

You should see the tech logs after they have let the public near static A/C. Usually U/S for a few days, while they scour the buggers for things that shouldn't be. You'd be surprised what people like to stuff into intakes, and inspection ports.

You should see the tech logs after they have let the public near static A/C. Usually U/S for a few days, while they scour the buggers for things that shouldn't be. You'd be surprised what people like to stuff into intakes, and inspection ports.

i guess this picture is the proof. tounge_o.gif

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/pictures/airshow/airshow63.jpg

I'm guessing that is blackdog~ trying to see if he can take one of tires as souveniers. tounge_o.gif

i guess this picture is the proof. tounge_o.gif

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/pictures/airshow/airshow63.jpg

I'm guessing that is blackdog~ trying to see if he can take one of tires as souveniers. tounge_o.gif

No, I was gnawing off the rubber... pfft! J/K, thats not me smile_o.gif

Anyhoo, there was a CH-46 you could go in and the pilot was like "Go on in, don't worry... you won't break anything. It's 31 years old and we've probably broken everything there is to break already..."

I wish my camera was that good sad_o.gif

I was at an airshow like that awhile back, smaller but with most of the stuff you've got there.  What struck me is how spartan the USMC choppers are- they don't even have the poofy padding stuff over the interior that the Army choppers have.  It's also amazing how the government keeps their choppers looking 20 years out of date at all times crazy_o.gif

These are some really nice pics!

So much so that I think that I won't bother uploading my rinky-dinky pics from a family visit to the IAF Museum last week. sad_o.gif

So much so that I think that I won't bother uploading my rinky-dinky pics from a family visit to the IAF Museum last week. sad_o.gif

Please do! Good pictures of IDF aircraft are hard to come by, of in service a/c its near impossible smile_o.gif Very nice pictures blackdog! You should go to the RIAT (mentioned before) smile_o.gif Over 300 aircraft on static display! smile_o.gif

Please do! Good pictures of IDF aircraft are hard to come by, of in service a/c its near impossible smile_o.gif Very nice pictures blackdog! You should go to the RIAT (mentioned before) smile_o.gif Over 300 aircraft on static display! smile_o.gif

why would he pay a 1500$ ticket just to go see 300 british planes ?

Quote[/b] ]You should go to the RIAT (mentioned before) smile_o.gif Over 300 aircraft on static display! smile_o.gif

I hope thats the cost of the plane ticket!, not the cost of the ticket to get in the airbase.

And Blackdog, what the hell is this? http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/pictures/airshow/airshow94.jpg

I reckon it's a pic of the engine from one of the buggies, but don't really know.

It costs Å15 to get in. (We didn't actually pay, avoided all thr traffic, drove onto the base, and told a Corporal to look the other way while we jumped over the fence)

There are loads of foreign airforces that display there. I was quite disapointed when I went, as the SU-27 was U/S and couldn't display, and the MiG 29 was grounded for unsafe flying!

The Norweigan P3 crew were completey wasted when we meet them, and actually had horns on their flying helmets!

Star of the show went to the Yanks, and their..... KC135. (Stacked full of beer). I've got some great pics of us having a wing party. (A wing that was covered with foot prints, and had the paint scraped off by deckchairs. They were Air National Guard after all! I had to trade almost all my Sqn badges to get us the free beer!)

The B1 was cool though. Dizzy (The Captain, ANG again) was pissed, and we managed to get 6 of us into the cockpit. If you have seen a B1 cockpit, you will know that this is quite impressive. Nothing like playing with the nuclear release authority switches! Ho ho ho!

Please do! Good pictures of IDF aircraft are hard to come by, of in service a/c its near impossible

Done. smile_o.gif

The Norweigan P3 crew were completey wasted when we meet them, and actually had horns on their flying helmets!

Lol. Almost makes me wonder if that's the same P3 that flew over my workplace yesterday afternoon, low enough to set off car alarms in the parking lot tounge_o.gif

Why don't you do some research before posting... rock.gif

Not only would the British be hard pressed to actually produce 300 aircraft for RIAT, but the year I went ('97) was the first time a B-2 landed at an overseas airshow...Was cool seeing it fly in under secort smile_o.gif