Sign in to follow this  
bonko the sane

Boh-modern japanese infantry

I just saw this at OFPNews while *hard at work* tounge_o.gif

Link to article and dload.

This pack adds some 40 or 50 new units to the BOH Mod smile_o.gif

btw:U need Demov1.0 to use these units.

They look nice.

I may just download them and the rest of the mod aswell.

The BOH mod continues to be one of the best suprises in OFP. They always produce top-quality addons. I just wish we could bridge the language barrier. I bet there are huge Japanese, Korean and Chinese OFP communities that we can't talk to, and so are in almost total isolation from. sad_o.gif

The BOH mod continues to be one of the best suprises in OFP. They always produce top-quality addons. I just wish we could bridge the language barrier. I bet there are huge Japanese, Korean and Chinese OFP communities that we can't talk to, and so are in almost total isolation from.  sad_o.gif

as for chinese, i have two, but only one of them are making mod, so far the PLA mod V3.0 is on beta testing, and i dunno when they will be out........(well they would be faster cause they dont make island)

The ROC Mod had an island with some custom buildings. The BOH mod is still building their island.

Is anyone else having problems with this addon? I think it conflicts with their older soldiers, as I'm getting the "Error: No entry found: '.Model'" error with these guys. Does anyone know which older BOH files, if any, I need to delete. I don't see anything in the readme about it.

The ROC Mod had an island with some custom buildings. The BOH mod is still building their island.

Is anyone else having problems with this addon? I think it conflicts with their older soldiers, as I'm getting the "Error: No entry found: '.Model'" error with these guys. Does anyone know which older BOH files, if any, I need to delete. I don't see anything in the readme about it.

I think you need their update patch 1 and 2 go to their site you can get it their wink_o.gif

I think you need their update patch 1 and 2 go to their site you can get it their wink_o.gif

Yup,they did release a few fixes to their demo,I remember dloading them and I have no error messages here.

BOH Dload page here

very cool addon, this makes me think, mabye a WW3 in the same area's as WW2... Wake Island.... Hmmmm.... ok i'll be back with a map in a few days.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Hmm..it says on ofp.info it's not an official release fro BOH..

So is it a leak, or just never got into thier release plans so was distributed 'independantly'?

If it's a leaked addon i wont touch it.

In my opinion BOH's work is fantastic, such quality is suprisingly rare.

It don't mention anything in their web site about this units.

It might have been just an accidental leak. Sometimes members working on an update think something's ready and release it without consulting the rest of the team... or they just might not have gotten around to updating their website because they may not have someone to do that.

Whatever the case the BOH mod guys are very very cool people. Some of their members were here on this forum when their demo came out, and they were very nice about criticisms and generally were just very nice and helpful to everyone and fixed bugs fairly quickly... and of coarse their addons just KICK ASS!!!! They have amazing addons. So I got mucho respect for them.

I recommend putting the BOH mod with Remo's Korean mod in the same folder. Remo has some excellent islands and a future war between Japan and North Korea is certainly plausible. So they compliment each other nicely. I just wish someone would help Remo fix up his North Korean mod as it is a very good one.

That's good news that the ROC mod update is in beta testing. I though they had died out because it was mostly a one man effort. The last update was very good, and the overall quality of their island and units were excellent. (Their HALO SF jumpers were awesome for example. I just wish they had a HALO script to use them with.

Now if only we had an Indonesian team making an Indonesian mod. The Indonesians have seen plenty of combat and wars over the past few decades.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think the ADF mod is making Indonesian units. I know I've seen early pics of AMX-13s and VCIs, Scorpion-90s, AMX-10P Marines, and BTR-152s.

I have an Ordnance Museum guide to Indonesian armor around here somewhere. None of it can stand up to anything the Australians have. crazy_o.gif

I think the ADF mod is making Indonesian units. I know I've seen early pics of AMX-13s and VCIs, Scorpion-90s, AMX-10P Marines, and BTR-152s.

I have an Ordnance Museum guide to Indonesian armor around here somewhere. None of it can stand up to anything the Australians have.  crazy_o.gif

As far as armor goes, probably not, but their infantry is something different. At least when I was there in the early 90's their infantry forces were top knotch especially their airborne and special operations forces. Their officer corp is likewise very well trained. What they suffer from is a fairly small airforce, but they have a large navy and good air defense systems. Armor would be rather vulenerable and suffer from poor mobility in the thick jungles found in most of the Indonesian islands anyways.

In the dense urban enviornments of Java, likewise armor would be very vulnerable to well trained anti-tank teams.

But if for some wierd reason Indonesia tried invading Australia, no doubt Australian armor would make short work of any such invasion force. But I don't think any invasion force would even get that far as Australia has a vastly superior Airforce then Indonesia, as well as a powerful and Navy and would sink most of the landing ships most likely. A more plausible conflict would be over some island that is fighting for independence that Australia tries to assist.

Another plausible future conflict is if the Indonesian government was taken over by Islamic fundamentalists and Australia moved in to assist resitance groups and Christian/Hindu/Buddhist miniorities.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

any way did anyone thinks that the type 90 MBT is a little too powerful?rock.gif

I have an Ordnance Museum guide to Indonesian armor around here somewhere. None of it can stand up to anything the Australians have.  crazy_o.gif

As far as armor goes, probably not, but their infantry is something different.   At least when I was there in the early 90's their infantry forces were top knotch especially their airborne and special operations forces.   Their officer corp is likewise very well trained.  What they suffer from is a fairly small airforce, but they have a large navy and good air defense systems.   Armor would be rather vulenerable and suffer from poor mobility in the thick jungles found in most of the Indonesian islands anyways.  

In the dense urban enviornments of Java, likewise armor would be very vulnerable to well trained anti-tank teams.  

But if for some wierd reason Indonesia tried invading Australia, no doubt Australian armor would make short work of any such invasion force.   But I don't think any invasion force would even get that far as Australia has a vastly superior Airforce then Indonesia, as well as a powerful and Navy and would sink most of the landing ships most likely.   A more plausible conflict would be over some island that is fighting for independence that Australia tries to assist.

Another plausible future conflict is if the Indonesian government was taken over by Islamic fundamentalists and Australia moved in to assist resitance groups and Christian/Hindu/Buddhist miniorities.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Now that's something I want to see too.

I think I read something about the Indonesian doctrine in case of a foreign invasion. I thought they didn't rely that much on the regular forces, but instead of that (they would assume the regs got beaten and then they would go hiding), they would've gone over to guerilla warfare with support of the local population (they will provide food and stuff), I'm not sure if this still applies (was a couple of years ago I've read this).

The problem with the Indonesian military is corruption and a bit of loyalty (lack of it). Where are their loyalties? I've heard some rumours about some years ago when they wanted to overthrow Suharto. My uncle told me the army chose side for Suharto while the marines chose side for the population. Also about the fighting in Ambon, while army units had some active role in helping out the muslims (a friend of mine saw this, he was fighting in Ambon too), the marines we're very neutral on this.

One thing about the Indonesian military, they have a somewhat different mentality regarding to casaulties. In the west they seem to make a problem out of it but there, well, you're in the army... So... I asked a couple of cousins of me why they didn't want to marry a soldier and they've said no, because they would die soon.

But em, back on, does anybody know something about Japanese special forces? Some detailed information. I kinda have a hard time looking for it on google.

This whole update, and the demo, is amazing! I love the type 89 AIFV, the Type 96 SG and the type 90 MBT. The soldiers are amazing. Fantastic work. Cant wait for the C-1 and SPAAG!

smile_o.gif

Yeah the doctrine of the Indonesian forces is indeed guerilla warfare if they are invaded, but on some islands, an invasion might be seen more as liberation. smile_o.gif

But back to this mod, yeah it's difficult to find info on Japanese Special Forces. I'm working on a mission now where I use the Black Ops guys to simulate a resurrection of the Japanese "Ninja"n using the faces and weapons from this demo along with the other units in the demo pitted against Remo's North Korean forces. Of coarse it's all fictional. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Actually it's not really fictional.

Japanese Ninjas have been looting and burning villages in North Korea for years...it's just not public knowledge.

biggrin_o.gif

Well of coarse reports of Japanese Ninjas looting North Korea aren't fiction.... why Kim Jong Il said so himself.

wink_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I just wish we could bridge the language barrier.

Hell, mate, I'm more than happy to translate for the BOH mod. The language barrier isn't as impenetrable as it seems- as long as you've got a translator somewhere in the community, anyway.