Sign in to follow this  
andersson

Backpack

@4 IN 1: I´ve been thinking about that backpack/parachute since I saw that new nice steerable chute. Its realistic to jump with a backpack, its carried in front of your legs. When you´re just a couple of meters above ground you drop it down, but its still hanging from a rope below you. If I´m not wrong..

I believe that it shouldnt be so difficult to script? Just setpos a backpack hanging from a unit until it hits ground, then "release" it.

Scripting gurus, can it be done?

And can some kind of fatique-script work?

And to continue 4 IN 1. I can carry 4 weapons in a backpack! ;) I have done it, when I did my year as a finnish recon in the coastal jaegers my backpack sometimes weight around 40-50 kg (food, water, radio, anti-personell mines, clothes + extra depending on situation)+ equipped vest and weapon. So I think that 4 weapons shouldnt be so hard to carry.

But youre maybe right about the ammo. 20 mines IS HEAVY...   crazy_o.gif

But if anyone wants to change the weapon/ammo capabilities open up the config.cpp in the unpboed folder and change

transportMaxWeapons=4;

transportMaxMagazines=20;

to whatever suits that you  smile_o.gif

Its possible to download it from ofp.info but they dont have Mr Greys version with sound so.... What to do?

What is that? Could we host it?

I d/l'd this, but have a problem... the sound moded one was fine, since I downloaded the .pbo itself. The original (apparently with a mission showing how it works/how to implement it in missions) contains only a .p3d file. (saw others with same problem) I downloaded it 3 times from your site, same problem. Tried the mirror listed 3 times as well, same thing. sad_o.gif Could somoene please e-mail a working copy of the zip (or rar? can't remember now...) to me at pgrasham@charter.net

Thanks. (such a simple add-on, but IMO, brilliant! SOOO many times I have wished I could stuff a few extra mags into my pack.... usually about the time I am down to the last mag in my pistol, and surrounded by enemies who are all to eager to kill me. Also does it work in multiplayer?

You´re not the only one with the p3d problem. But one told me it was a problem with hes zip-program. He had no problem when he used WINRAR. Thats also the program I packed it with so try that.

I have´nt tried it in MP but Jinef and Lupus[WD] played with it in MP (look higher up on this side)

@4 IN 1: I´ve been thinking about that backpack/parachute since I saw that new nice steerable chute. Its realistic to jump with a backpack, its carried in front of your legs. When you´re just a couple of meters above ground you drop it down, but its still hanging from a rope below you. If I´m not wrong..

I believe that it shouldnt be so difficult to script? Just setpos a backpack hanging from a unit until it hits ground, then "release" it.

Scripting gurus, can it be done?

And can some kind of fatique-script work?

And to continue 4 IN 1. I can carry 4 weapons in a backpack! ;) I have done it, when I did my year as a finnish recon in the coastal jaegers my backpack sometimes weight around 40-50 kg (food, water, radio, anti-personell mines, clothes + extra depending on situation)+ equipped vest and weapon. So I think that 4 weapons shouldnt be so hard to carry.

But youre maybe right about the ammo. 20 mines IS HEAVY...   crazy_o.gif

But if anyone wants to change the weapon/ammo capabilities open up the config.cpp in the unpboed folder and change

transportMaxWeapons=4;

transportMaxMagazines=20;

to whatever suits that you  smile_o.gif

thx for the good news  smile_o.gif  but i think it is a little bit not good to use the setpos cause...................argh you know........... whats happens on those early multi gun post thing................

as for weapon.........er...........are you sure that you are carrying all 4 full lenght rifle + different type of ammo in your backpack?rock.gif?

and MINES!!!! those thing is really heavy i think, but a standard bis mines needed 2 ammo slots.........

Wow, magnificent idea!

:o

I've been thinking about working backpacks quite some time, and never thought it would be possible. This add-on is exactly the inspiration I needed. Hope to be able to release my Bergen backpack as a fully functional version soon!

Thanks!

gvtsmily.gif

I have a couple of suggestions for whoever is modifying the backpack:

[*]Browse backpack content

Add a feature to let the player browse the backpack (via action menu) to see what's in it. i.e. x amount of hk mags, x amount of m16 rifles etc etc.. return value with hint-command

[*]Heal at backpack 3 or so times

Simulate that the backpack contains a first-aid kit.

Add a feature to let the player browse the backpack (via action menu) to see what's in it. i.e. x amount of hk mags, x amount of m16 rifles etc etc.. return value with hint-command

cool nice ideas m8 wink_o.gif

hope someone make that possible

The Check what is in the Pack is 100% posible but the heal 3 times idea is not 100% but if andersson agrees I will make it and I am working on the Chute/pack thing to.

The Check what is in the Pack is 100% posible but the heal 3 times idea is not 100% but if andersson agrees I will make it and I am working on the Chute/pack thing to.

Please don't - even if there were bandages it would be unrealistic to be able to heal at every backpack. Perhaps make a seperate medic pack that could carry less weapons and stuff instead???

The Check what is in the Pack is 100% posible but the heal 3 times idea is not 100% but if andersson agrees I will make it and I am working on the Chute/pack  thing to.

Please don't - even if there were bandages it would be unrealistic to be able to heal at every backpack. Perhaps make a seperate medic pack that could carry less weapons and stuff instead???

Thats a better idea and an simple one: Just like this: Add the Medic sign to the Backpack and add Healing option but make it for use like: 3 time's and it haves less cargo for weapons.

The Check what is in the Pack is 100% posible but the heal 3 times idea is not 100% but if andersson agrees I will make it and I am working on the Chute/pack  thing to.

Thats a better idea and an simple one: Just like this: Add the Medic sign to the Backpack and add Healing option but make it for use like: 3 time's and it haves less cargo for weapons.

this may work better, but i wonder if the "3 times limit" could work in 100%

TK only redirects, doesn't host wink_o.gif It's good redirecting though.

(...)

It shouldn't heal to 100% though.

Something like:

_newHealth = getDammage player - 0.2

player setDammage _newHealth

...would be good. So that it only heals a little bit.

Yes, I had the same idea, yesterday, I've played the 2thmission of the BAS-tonal campaign where you can use the radio via addaction to execute a CAS mission.

Imagine...when you select the backpack via an action a dialog appears with the inventory, where you can select the weapons,magazines,... you need.

Also, the COCdiver uses a rebreather and AFAIK it's a secondary weapon.Or is'nt it?

Why can he carry a pistol, m16 & the rebreather? I was thinking about backpack + that new steerable chute...

If its possible to check whats in the bagpack, it must be possible to avoid the problem, that the player could put 4 bagpacks in one. that is a really ugly bug (which is described in the readme) and should be fixed!

TK only redirects, doesn't host wink_o.gif It's good redirecting though.

(...)

It shouldn't heal to 100% though.

Something like:

_newHealth = getDammage player - 0.2

player setDammage _newHealth

...would be good. So that it only heals a little bit.

Erm we where talkin about that the medic option could only work 3 times and we dident know for 100% if that works wink_o.gif

Erm we where talkin about that the medic option could only work 3 times and we dident know for 100% if that works  wink_o.gif

So was I wink_o.gif

@Waffendennis and everyone else that want to change and/or improve my work:

Go ahead! You all have my permission to use it as you wish (its in the readme). All I want is to see my idea develop. The ofp-community are in need of backpacks.

Waffendennis, if you can make it possible to check whats in the pack it would be wonderful.

But I hope you doesnt make it possible when you carry the backpack. Its more realistic to drop the backpack and then you can see whats in it.

And there is a better script coming to my backpack soon. But keep working!

That would be great if you can limit the "uses" of medical aid! (Would be best if it could be defined in the editor, to fit the situation)

This would at least add a litte bit more realism to medical attention.... no longer does the doc have a limitless amount of supplies. (I know, realistically, a medic could stabilize, nothing more.. maybee get a minor bullet wound back in the fight, but when you can no longer walk in the game due to injury, chances are, it would be some time before you walked again.. (like, a few surgeries, etc) But that aside, would make healing a more important decision. (well, *A* decision. Not much choice when medic has unlimited capacity....)

*edt*: Never even checked my e-mails. Thanks for sending again guys. Turns out it IS the compression software. I use WinAce 99% of the time. Tried WINRAR (had it hidden away from long ago) and it worked without a hitch.)

Wow. Just wrote my first full scale (3 hours long!) mission using the Tonal Island and backpack. Wicked. As I go along I collect the best left overs from the battlefield and assign one geezer to carry it. As long as your forward recon is good, you can spot a situation, pullback and re-arm your squad accordingly.. This is the most useful OFP addon since JAM! I have the utmost confidence that you boffins out there are gonna make this something very special.

I agree with 3 or 4 'Heals' per back pack, and maybe incorporate the BAS SATCOM into it...

Cheers andersson!!

just carry the satcom in the pack, if you want to be crude, and dig it out when you want to call down hellfire and damnation. ;)

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there's already a medical backpack floating around in the 1993 Ranger pack by Laser.

What it does is give any unit the ability to heal, though it doesn't appear to work for AI.

Wow. Just wrote my first full scale (3 hours long!) mission using the Tonal Island and backpack. Wicked. As I go along I collect the best left overs from the battlefield and assign one geezer to carry it. As long as your forward recon is good, you can spot a situation, pullback and re-arm your squad accordingly..

Sound good.....going to make it available? smile_o.gif

Hi all

Andersson's Back Pack with zip file link

To help Andersson and because this is the kind of project CoC likes to work on we asked Andersson if he would like us to mirror this and provide him with webspace to develop the project. Because some people were having problems with the .rar file we have put it up in zip form. We know the addon is popular so can other people please mirror the zip file as well.

We also asked if he would like to work with us on some projects he said yes so we hope we can look forward to more inovative developments from him.

Kind Regards Walker