Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

The king of pings

the mapfact team is on top - in every discipline wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

oyman is still the original pingleader however.

unclesam.gif

I don't care about that, just found this old picture and found it funny to post it here. smile_o.gif

*Bubble bursting time :P*

All this stuff isn't likely to be cause by monkey powered modems, monkeys are quite fast you see.. It's more likely to be caused by a a burning wall stoping the monkey from saying "I have recivied the ping message, how fast did I manage that in?"..

Or in proper words, the firewall or connection screwing up/packet loss, so the server still waiting for ping request to return, causing the ping count to go up and up..

When I joined my first squad, this happened to two-ish people on my first game with them (Both had ADSL or cable connections over 512k down), it okay after they reconnected..

Anyway, I prefer the monkey modem explaination xmas_o.gif

- Ben

Damn, do you have to shovel coal into that modem a lot to get the steam power to work? crazy_o.gif

Or is it a foot pump? tounge_o.gif

If you are the real oyman, what kind of smoke signal connection do you have, where do you live, and what system specs do you have? rock.gif  tounge_o.gif

hahaa fast pigeon connection for oyman! biggrin_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

You might want to take out the img tags before a mod see's it. wink_o.gif

Remind me to never play against you Elite Guys, or atleast you anyways tounge_o.gif

lol oyman! lets go together to hold youre record!!!

Hmm I was pretty sure that oyman lives in Jupiter or something... Maybe there IS life in Mars after all.

Shouldn't this be a sticky? tounge_o.gif

a little late dont you think biggrin_o.gif

i rarely get a ping like that anymore smile_o.gif

OK to kick this old topic back open, i'm going to go the other way.....low pings.

I recently moved into Uni accomodation, at home i'd been pinging about 20ms off the Volcbat server in the lobby, maybe about 30 ingame and playing....(on TS2 as well).......from my uni net connection (again, with TS running too).....well, see for yourself. (screenshots taken from 2 different games)

Game just started:

ownage26pr.jpg

After 23 minutes of playing a game....

ownage4jb.th.jpg

wow_o.gif

In the lobby i'm usually showing between 4 and 8.

Same here - Uni has super fast connection, assuming they let you use it. Aberystwyth blocks all TCP/UDP ports and you have to request them to be forwarded to you - then they cap the speed and usage sad_o.gif

If you want king of pings then go to CR or X2 servers - the admins there both have 0 pings smile_o.gif