Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

Stalingrad island released

At the moment that island is unplayable load of .........! If he spends next couple of months actually doing something and working on it every spare minute of his time it might turn into a decent island, but so far F-!!!!!  crazy_o.gif

Well i think the map is very good, Never saw such good map for OFP and its not lagging at all. (P4 3,0 GHZ wink_o.gif

To Antichrist:

Do you know how much work an addonmaker put in to it. People like you are trying to ruin the community wich i dont like, thats why the community is shrinking that is coming to people like you who has never made an addon bah bah  mad_o.gif

Ps: You changed the post, thats show how low you are.

People likes Antichrist should be banned forever

wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

I agree with you about the Anit christ part but please lets keep the Debating out of the OFP posts and do it in the O/T thnxs smile_o.gif

To Antichrist:

Do you know how much work an addonmaker put in to it. People like you are trying to ruin the community wich i dont like, thats why the community is shrinking that is coming to people like you who has never made an addon bah bah  mad_o.gif

Just to disagree that I don't believe this is the reason why the community is shrinking. IMO, my sig's bottom line gives the reason.

Quote[/b] ]Ps: You changed the post, thats show how low you are.

Maybe he changed it because he accepted the criticism it originally invoked and he modified it accordingly.

Quote[/b] ]People likes Antichrist should be banned forever

AC is a long established OFP community member running a great site. Let's put things into proportion. rock.gif

To Antichrist:

Just to disagree that I don't believe this is the reason why the community is shrinking. IMO, my sig's bottom line gives the reason.

Maybe he changed it because he accepted the criticism it originally invoked and he modified it accordingly.

AC is a long established OFP community member running a great site. Let's put things into proportion. rock.gif

So you are telling me that if you are an great addon maker or great side holder you dont have an change to be baned? rock.gif

In that case: I dont spill any words on this but lets keep this still about the Island ok and again: Debating is an O/T thing and not an AM C. Do i need to say it once more too you little kid's?

It gives me an error when I try to load it.  It says that it couldn't open "Cannot open object ags_inds\powerplant.p3d" rock.gif

Ditto. Guess you need the AGS industrial pack.

Drop the "he said she said" nonsense please, AC said what he said, moderator dealt with it, make that the end of the matter please before we're forced to get heavy with people sad_o.gif

Quote of Waterman: *I also found that when firing a TOW a building about 5 different buidlings just fall over on its side which looks abously pathetic.*

Well, Hitler said "Kick in the door, and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down"... maybee it was meant both in a national scope, AND as individual structures. biggrin_o.gif

Quote of Waterman:     *I also found that when firing a TOW a building about 5 different buidlings just fall over on its side which looks abously pathetic.*

Well, Hitler said "Kick in the door, and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down"... maybee it was meant both in a national scope, AND as individual structures.  biggrin_o.gif

I don't think Soviet workmanship was quite that bad in real life!

i have an idea take all the ideas the community has given you like smaller area better buildings etc and make a after nuclear war island it almost looks like the first scenes in the first terminator anyway then we just need a good terminator and some low tech soldiers and we will be good w just need more ruble

merely having fun. The quote of Hitler was said durring initial planning of Operation Barbarossa ( to the disgust of some of the senior members of the army, they knew better)

WOW! I put my fog almsot all the way up to increase the playability.  It is bad ass!  I'm taking screens now!

Edit, if only formations we're tighter! Some really nice screens will be coming. Too bad they don't include the whole squad.

Sorry for my outburst, what I meant to say was "The idea is good, but needs some major improvements".... and I never edited my original post wink_o.gif

Great work Tyler friddle !!

Besides the fact that this map takes ages to load if more than 1 unit is placed on it (Barton2500+ and dual channeled 256 Infineon Ram), i really like it. Exactly this map is what i was waiting for ! Stalingrad is such a great battlefield, sadly not for the ones who fought there in RL  sad_o.gif, but for OFP.

I read on ofp.info that you´re working on a better Version yet and i wonder if i could provide some help....not with the editing/mapping part, but i read a book about the Battle at Stalingrad and could scan at least one map wich gives you a good idea of how Stalingrad must have looked like. Unfortunately i cannot remember where í´ve seen two really good air reconnaisance photos of the town  crazy_o.gif  if it comes back to my mind i´ll post them here.

An important detail would be the River Volga (or Volge? for me it´s Wolga smile_o.gif ). In RL it is much smaller (400-500 m at the thinnest parts and 1,1 km at the point where  russian ferrys brought troops over the river) and it´s not so straight..there are some sidearms also.

I´ve also collected some links wich provide pics of the town itself and of the landscape around.

http://www.stalingrad-info.com/stefanphotos.htm

http://www.geocities.com/gogoz666/stal/mapa03.html

http://www.chez.com/barbarossa/his5.html

http://www.chez.com/barbarossa/his3.html

http://www.katardat.org/marxuni....ad.html

This worked fine on my new comp (3.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro), but I was actually capable of causing some lag on this beast when I had a medium/large sized battle along with some atmospherics (Artillery, smoke, fires, etc...). The city should definitely be split into smaller maps. For instance, you could have one map for the industrial complex (Some wrecked factories with fields on one side and the Volga on the other).

Also, for my own amusement, I tried to run this map on my old 400 MHz comp. I could actually hear it start to groan in agony.

This map reminds me of the good levels in GR! tounge_o.gif

Suggestion: It needs roads since I am making a mission where an armored squad moves through Gronzy (stalingrad map) and I want them to follow a road.

To Antichrist:

So you are telling me that if you are an great addon maker or great side holder you dont have an change to be baned? rock.gif

In that case: I dont spill any words on this but lets keep this still about the Island ok and again: Debating is an O/T thing and not an AM C. Do i need to say it once more too you little kid's?

Ok, lets open a "flame war" thread on the O/T boards, obviously the MOD's would allow it and not close it.

rock.gif

I agree with the avon lady though, most of the time he's a nice guy - it's not a crime to dislike an addon.

edit: fixed spelling mistake

AC has apologised, and both Placebo and I have made ourselves clear - no more discussions regarding his earlier comments or responses to same, thank you. mad_o.gif

I am having trouble finding the train on this map. The idea is very nice but i would like to see some more roads through the city, less groups of the same buildings clustered together and the southern part (across the lake) of the map is a bit uniform (no roads at all, at least none i could find). But then again this is still a work in progress smile_o.gif Looking forward to trying out further versions!

I am having trouble finding the train on this map. The idea is very nice but i would like to see some more roads through the city, less groups of the same buildings clustered together and the southern part (across the lake) of the map is a bit uniform (no roads at all, at least none i could find). But then again this is still a work in progress smile_o.gif Looking forward to trying out further versions!

I know Supah about the train it was verry misleading because on the release they showed pictures of an workign train but in-game no train but author say's he is still working on so I think: An misplacement in the comunitcation about the New's sites and the Author of the island.

Sorry, didn't see placebo's post..

I would suggest being more vigilant in future then, as my sig says, ignorance is no defence.