Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Opf 2 not gonna be released at 2004.

Bojler sent me a link on the interview with Marek Spanel at the Czech game server doupe.cz. Of course, it is about OFP2. And M. Spanel says there a bit sad fact which we could wait: OFP2 WON'T BE RELEASED IN 2004 at 100%. We must accept it is better to release better game later than a thing full of bugs at the time. But keep up good mood. We was waiting on OFP for a long time, too. And that waiting has a worth...otherwise we wouldn't have been here today...

The most of work is just behind us, however we have been working on the game for the whole year. Today, we know for sure the game won't be released next year because there are tons of work and our plans are very ambicious.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Well I guess its gonna be really really good.

Shit, that sucks sad_o.gif So, its gonna probably gonna be atleast a year and a half. sad_o.gif

Like I said in the other thread about this... we'll probably still be playing OFP:R in late 2004 / early 2005 anyway.

Man you really love that pic of yours, don't you? wink_o.gif

"I'd wait for a steak rather than a hamburger."

AC Green, a 34 yr old (ex-)virgin NBA basketball player. tounge_o.gif

Man you really love that pic of yours, don't you? wink_o.gif

yeah i fell in love with it tounge_o.gif

I don't mind waiting for longer.. But I would really like a patch that included the "join in progress" for our current game. The xbox will be getting this awesome feature.. it would be a nice "hold over" for Resistance because of the delay..

If fact I would even pay for another expansion pack if the "JIP" was included in the release.

With the release being so long away will BIS release another patch in the interim?

Most likely that's what the developers are asking themselves. wink_o.gif

LMAO, I like it how people on the forum try to figure out all the next steps of BIS, but sometimes I think there are no definite plans and things just roll into place.

"Oh the pain, the pain!"

drsmith.jpg

tounge_o.gif

Well, not exactly happy news, but I would rather wait for a kickass game than have them rush it out with only half the features they wanted and full of bugs.

Eek! I have until the summer of '06 to play my video games. I hope it get's released before then!

I dont mind waiting for OPF2, i wasnt expecting something rushed out the door from BIS and they do have ambitious plans for this game, i just think they anounced it a bit too early and by the time it comes out im gonna be very old crazy_o.gif .

Gees....you mean I only have Doom3, DeusEx2 and Stalker to play in the next year? Bummer wink_o.gif

Actually considering that the original date given was towards the end of '04, and the X-Box port has been delayed as well, I can't actually say I'm suprised. Not that I mind...I prefer steak!

On the contrary, I think this is great news! smile_o.gif

What did Spanel say, they´re so "ambitious" that it won´t be released too early? Sounds VERY good, it surely won´t be just an "improved" OFP. smile_o.gif

Eek! I have until the summer of '06 to play my video games.  I hope it get's released before then!

Oh? rock.gif

You getting married? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] i just think they anounced it a bit too early and by the time it comes out im gonna be very old

I don't think age would be a problem. OFP is for mature players first and foremost. smile_o.gif

Waiting is good. Improvements takes time smile_o.gif

Unfortunately so does problems wow_o.gif

"I'd wait for a steak rather than a hamburger."

AC Green, a 34 yr old (ex-)virgin NBA basketball player.

'I'd rather eat a young calf than the tough old leather from a bull'

OZANZAC, 17. Doesn't want to die an OFPII virgin. OFP GOTYE slut. tounge_o.gif

Oh well, if it means waiting for the improvements BIS want to make, then it will be worth waiting for then.

I'm not suprised...

Just because they "announced" OFP 2 does'nt mean that they started much. crazy_o.gif

But like They said at OFP.info,

Quote[/b] ]We were waiting on OFP for a long time, too. And that waiting has a worth...otherwise we wouldn't have been here today...

Well It has some good sides:

-More time to get a new PC

-Lot of lesser bugs (OFP V1.00 was bug paradise  tounge_o.gif )

-More Gameplay 'features'

-.- And more missions ?  biggrin_o.gif

But It will be released 'When it's done'  tounge_o.gif

That's exactly what I said back in April over here.

So you probably should stop acting surprised! wink_o.gif

Not only you. wink_o.gif

i should go over my predictions a bit more and show you ppl that I'm the next Rasputin. tounge_o.gif ok, no need to prove whats already obvious. j/k