Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

Its an Iraqi taxi. If you ever look on the news etc or just in pics of Iraq i am sure you'll see these somewhere in the background they seem to get everywhere.

I think they are pretty cool myself and once we have done the Iraqi armoured crewmen will then get started on this car and will have some nice features to it also.

Like some untranslatable text they are speaking?(drivers)

it would be funny,wouldn't it?

so it IS and ugly car with an drunk in the back..

lol

what type of car is that tho? ie brand etc

For the taxi pictured i am pretty sure it is the VW Passat - but me and another of my team mates are just making sure exactly what it is.

Right i have found out what it is: Volkswagen Passat 1973

070004.jpg

Im glad youre doing some civilian stuff too, I like beat up cars in OFP better than flashy ones anyway.

Yeah i know about that - i just typed the word as english till i got an arabic translator and i hadn't changed it till then. But will do that now and i'd love to take you on as a voice actor for us as well as translating txts too.

biggrin_o.gif

I'll give u a pm to discuss more

I'm french... tounge_o.gif but my father was Iraqi and my mother Morrocan

I've studied Arabic when I lived in Morocco wink_o.gif

yeah arabic is differen then hebrew.

hebrew is always read right to left even numbers wich are rarely used most hebrew uses western digits for numbers sicne you can confuse hebrew numbers with words and there is an few different ways to write the same number

You mean hebrew letters as numbers are read from right to left. Cause western numbers are read from left to right in hebrew.

Well if u guys check the addons completed section you will find our infantry teaser pack has finally been released!

IMUC_ITP.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

Right well were still around and just to say these things are currently in progress:

* Fixed version of the teaser pack

* Iraqi island has been started on

* Iraqi BMD-1 using BDM's model which has been modified

The island isn't as we planned - it will just represent Iraq and a large city which will be similar to Baghdad. The reason this has been done is because i have tried to look for some decent DEM's on Baghdad and Iraq and its quite hard to find them.

Here is a nice pic to wet your taste buds....

imuc_bmdisland.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

Ohhh that is nice indeed biggrin_o.gif .

What about using VIT's apc pack though and editting it a bit?

Out of curiosity,how much of OPGWC beta are you going to be using.Leone just released two islands,new textures and objects and I am curious if you are considering using it to speed up your mod.

Out of curiosity,how much of OPGWC beta are you going to be using.Leone just released two islands,new textures and objects and I am curious if you are considering using it to speed up your mod.

Only a few things from OPGWC. Still not 1005 sure tho as i need to discuss this with my modeller and he is on holiday at the moment. With using VIT's pack i don't think we will use anything from there as we are doing fine at the moment.

The BMD-1 is only needing texturing and then thats done. We also have a ZPU-4 done but thats got some tweaks needing and once those two are out of the way we will start working on the An-12 'Cub' from BDM.

I remember you said you were going to do irregualr troops, Any chance of an SUV to go with them?

I remember you said you were going to do irregualr troops, Any chance of an SUV to go with them?

I don't know for sure as yet as my thoughts are not 100% in that area right now.

A little bit of news tho a slideshow has been added on our site and currently features 2 unseen pics of the BMD-1 (i know they are a bit small but thats all your getting for now tounge_o.gif )

More news will come soon.

Nice, hi quality stuff there. I hope you guys will release it soon as well as much needed fixed Iraqi infantry. smile_o.gif

The afghan map is too mountainous and barren to be Iraq, because its meant to represent Afghanistan. It needs to be flatter, with palm trees and marsh, and wider more numerous pavement roads and towns.