Sign in to follow this  
cobra@pulse

Ships, ships and more ships

Hi,

I have noticed recently that there is a small number of large sea going vestels (ships).

Now wouldn't it be great if there was a massive battel ship, just think of the possibilites that there could be, (offshore bombardments anyone?).

Modern or Old.

Or how about a destroyer, cruise missile launches, with these it would bost the mission making comunity, more addons mean more missions. We could have Pearl harbor missions made.

Its being done with carriers, why not real ships?

so if anyone want's to do this go ahead. It would be great!  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks.

(Please tell me by the way if there are some allready out there so i don't make an ass of my self and leave this here!)

hmmm kinda true

some nice static ships would be nice for the upcommings seals to play at.

but i dont really see a good point in adding large, moveable ships to the ofp enviroment.

you know... the engine thingy...

Maybe you could try to up the workrate for this mod?

Ahoy there!

Also the falklands mod are working on the ships involved in the conflict that I think will be static much like the carrier they released. There is also a Tarawa assault carrier in the works from a Gulf war mod.

More SMALL ships. I'd like ships that doesnt choke my memory (eg huge carriers, LTD:s etc). Gimme some sailboats, small transport craft (where's the famous Brit landing crafts for instance?)

Anyone saw the great Speed transport(PCboat2)?. Simply great value for erm memory.

BM

There are some nice ships already out, my favourites are the LSD, Miraj and Fremantle.

I think you can get all of these at ofp.info or opflashpoint.org.

But I agree, more naval power would be very welcome in OFP...

hey guys!

The Everon Cartel

Check out our site!  I know it's kind of old news, but I can release this bit of information:

The Submarine is close to release!  We have entered beta phase!   smile_o.gif

Asmo

*edit*

thanks for the correction on the url! wink_o.gif

I cant read German that well.

Yes Static ships would be just as good, that would mean you could walk around on them to!

(take control of an MG on a battel ship, shoot some planes down, save the day  biggrin_o.gif )

By the way Asmodeus your link needs fixing to have an l on the end of it, at the moment its

www.everoncarte.com

should be Everon cartel

We are going to be making some large ships for our mod too but that won't be for awhile now as we have more important things - but currently we do have a LCAC in the works and hopefully get that working fully with scripts too.

Check the website if you want to see a pic of it.

Are there any finished ships available?

And can people stop post-whoring! ghostface.gifghostface.gif

Nice landing ship but is it possible to make one with the typical army green colors? But with the current status of landing ships I guess even pink color would suffice smile_o.gif.

BM

I'd be awesome if someone could finish that Zubr beta. I think it has a lot of potential, especially with all the Naval Infantry addons we've got coming out. Or if someone could make a smaller Aist or Lebed-class hovercraft, that would be cool too. Earl and Suchey's Russian Marines have to ride into battle in style. smile_o.gif

Damn...Evry time a mod posts here or some where else i am scared because i think some things bad's gonna happen sad_o.gif

But if i got the time i love to finish the Zubr beta and release it but thats "IF" i got the time.

But for now i dont have:

Main project is completing the USMC Island wink_o.gif

im makeing a MHC 51 Osprey Coastal Mine Hunters  biggrin_o.gif

You got one bigass sig!

there was a ferry boat released by philcommando and a transport boat, they were very nice.

"News" from ofp.info

6. 10. 2002, 20:01:09 Bojler

The Carrier - Kiev

Prospero is working on Kiev, russian carrier ship. As he said: Still a long way to go, but anyway... And it looks great ;)

prospero_carrier_1.jpg

prospero_carrier_6.jpg

prospero_carrier_9.jpg

We are all still waiting..... and waiting..... and waiting..... and..... old and grey when it´s released.

MfG Lee sad_o.gifrock.gif

Yeah, that ship was announced before I knew the name Operation:Flashpoint. I dont think it is going to be released. Same as that Ah64 satchel was making. sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

sad_o.gif

Come on all you addon makers, you can see the intrest in ships, (all those projects you never finished) well why not carry on with them and realise them, you will be greatly praised!