Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas island - working title "lost island"

Quote[/b] ]the isle and objects are around the 70mb mark in rar form

Yes! I can do it! biggrin_o.gif (My 56k modem starts to whimper) biggrin_o.gif

I read way, way back that there would be "cities that are kilometers in area" or something like that? My question is, exactly how big are the cities on the island and how many are there? And, will there be custom skyscrapers that are better than the ones BIS included in Resistance (The ones with the invisible doors rock.gif )?

hehehe i just bought a new graphic card in order to play the addon made by BAS!! biggrin_o.gif

Could we get an update? Is the island finished as Nagual (?) said before?

Usually information blackouts from BAS are a very, very good sign wow_o.gif .

actually ive been pretty fine.. playing Madden 2004 and BAS isnt showing anymore of their teaser pics since of the pavehawks.. i think it works when they dont talk about their addons to us.. then they dont get bugged to much.. as long as they keep quiet and not sneakin their little images into ofp combat photography were ok.. but its the pictures of the rangers with their shiny m4's that get us logging on to the message boards asking release dates.

Soon i Hope, but afterall like the H-60's im sure the island will be worth the wait.

That island better come out soon... I'm losing a lot of sleep lying in bed thinking of making jungle warfare missions (And people wonder why I'm so strange tounge_o.gif ).

i read before that they were going to release the island with african troops

therefore i reckon the island is finished but they are doing testing and since they announced the opf pack i believe they will all come with the african troops since wats the point of having african troops without vechiles to ride in?

therefore i think they are testing the island in mp and finishing the opf

and we might even get a suprise release of the updated d/r and seals since they said b4 it was their priority but then again they might have changed thier plans

smile_o.gif

and also the dl will b like 77mb

how big is that

theres gotta b more than the island

the largest dl i did for a map was cats afgahnistan map which was i think 33mb with all new buildings aswell

one of my favourites for middle east missions

the opf has gotta come with it

77mb is pretty dam large

Actually, 77mb is just the island, there is an awful lot of brand new textures. There isnt just a desert to texture as in Cats Afghan Island.

Ummm....I got this strange feeling that 77mb includes the textures. I can't quite see the wrp file being anywhere near that crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif Anyway there's a maximum of 512 textures on any island (AFAIK)....512 textures (that are 512x512 in size) = 77mb sonds about right to me. wink_o.gif

Excuse me if it was asked before, but any new African style civilians are being planned?

Just a question from a Visitor n00b here: if an island uses custom textures, and those textures are in seperate PBOs to the island itself, does that mean other islands can use those texture files too?

Just a question from a Visitor n00b here: if an island uses custom textures, and those textures are in seperate PBOs to the island itself, does that mean other islands can use those texture files too?

Yes

But to use the other island you would have to have the BAS island installed (or at least its pbo's)

Ummm....I got this strange feeling that 77mb includes the textures. I can't quite see the wrp file being anywhere near that  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif Anyway there's a maximum of 512 textures on any island (AFAIK)....512 textures (that are 512x512 in size) = 77mb sonds about right to me.  wink_o.gif

Yeah, the 70 mb mark is the the isle and texs, unbinarized the wrp is 18+mb (around 8.5 binned) ;)

No new apartments like the bis apartments m21man, could build an entire town for the amount of faces/lag they use up.

I know you don't want me to ask, but you have been very quiet for a very long time. We want the island or at least a good update. Can't wait much longer. tounge_o.gif

We want the island or at least a good update. Can't wait much longer.  tounge_o.gif

As my mother very frequently says, I want never gets!

We all know, the Island is done - when it´s done.

But please, feel free to give us a screenshot from time to time, so we can discuss about it.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Yes, feel free to release us some pics! Please, I need that island.

can't wait to get my hands on this island

as i always say to BAS take your time i rather wait and get a good (bug free) addon then a addon that is destroying the game because of the bugs biggrin_o.gif

so take it easy (RELEASE THE DAMNED THING RIGHT NOW OR I WILL ......................I WILL.................. wait ? ) (lol)

The island has been done for a little while, have tinkered with it a little bit but nothing major. It just sitting there.....waiting for something...

Is it waiting for me? I'm right here. I'm waiting for it. Damned blind dates. Obviously our channels of communication got screwed up. Tell ya what, you drop it off and I'll make sure she gets home later tonite. smile_o.gif