Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas island - working title "lost island"

is there a small map from the isle included for the Blackhawk Cockpit?  rock.gif

It will work automatically, like the BIS islands.

great news... biggrin_o.gif

Sweeeeeet vid! wow_o.gif Looks like one of the best islands ever made!!

How long till its ready for release? What is the percentage completed?

If you are making a BAS version of CWC, then what are you going to use for the basic West infantry?

I believe the plan is to use the Rangers as the "basic" Infantry, supporting them with the Blackhawks of the 160th SOAR. And use either the Deltas or SEALs for the "black Ops".

Bearing in mind the "CWC2" campaign (as Jahve has dubbed it) won't be done until the woodland vehicle pack is out (how lame would it be to have sweet soldiers, and crap vehicles)

@Avon - I do belive we are able to get around the legality of it, by the simple fact, that in order to play it, you would need BAS addons, and to have BAS addons you need resistance. There are 2 ways to get res, on the res disc, or the GOTY edition. Both of which include Red Hammer.

Red hammer isnt on the resistance disk.... is it?

My bad, its not.

However, as has been proved, the "hardcore" group of fans who download addons would be like myself, and would have purchased ofp, gold upgrade then res. So I assume it would be ok...

We'll address that issue when we get there.

Somehow i feel that the CWC2 campaing should be joint venture of BAS, RHS, Modern USMC Marpat Team, supported by DKM Russian APCs.

Of course, only if proper addons would be released on time...

Eh, I've always been a dreamer...

Question for the BAS guys:

Will this island contain any cool embedded scripts like kegetys did with the snow and aurora borealis on Winter Nogojev? You guys always seem to raise the bar for everyone, so I can't help but wonder if you have something like that planned. Obviously snow isn't going to work, but I suppose sandstorms would.

Yes...we have plans for some scripting embedded in the island but we wont be specific just yet.

My overwhelming memories from being in both desert and jungle environments is insects. Lot's of 'em. Flies in the desert and mosquitoes in the jungle/swamps. Will we be hearing any of those kinds of environmental sounds?

Just to clear this up...the 'CWC2' campaign is not a BAS project, its dm's (and jahves i think) personal project, please dont misconstrue it as a BAS campaign.

There has been mention of an official BAS campaign using our addons and the new island, however with Naguals time constraints im not sure whether this will still come to fruition, so you'll have to wait and see, there is also a very good campaign from the PMC guys called 'PMC Ranger Path' that uses a lot of our addons, i think there is a thread for it in the user missions forum.

And surely, PMC Ranger Path has some job for Delta/Rangers in the BAS Isle 1 smile_o.gif

My overwhelming memories from being in both desert and jungle environments is insects. Lot's of 'em. Flies in the desert and mosquitoes in the jungle/swamps. Will we be hearing any of those kinds of environmental sounds?

This is exactly what I have been asking for awhile, built in triggers or scripts in the area to hear an abundance of insects and or animals, the realism factor would greatly improve in my mind.

Funny you mention mosquitos and so on, I been using them in my missions for a long time.

I wonder if I'll ever release one? I'll never be happy.

If you don't plan to release it dont tell us! crazy_o.gif

Hehe, just kidding, would be nice for you to release it though biggrin_o.gif

I'm planing to release them.

The problem I have is too many new addons to check out taking me away from my real editing.

I'm never happy with the results, so I'm allways looking for new things to put on them, and many of them, after I play for a while with them I scrap them cos they are not that interesting.

My bigest problem in OFP editing... two kids and a whyfe... crazy_o.gif a allways angry whyfe that don't like OFP.

LOL. ghostface.gif

Red hammer isnt on the resistance disk.... is it?

My bad, its not.

However, as has been proved, the "hardcore" group of fans who download addons would be like myself, and would have purchased ofp, gold upgrade then res. So I assume it would be ok...

We'll address that issue when we get there.

I never purchased Red Hammer.....never seen it...and don't ever care to. CWC and RES are all I need. So if I dload a RedHammer conversion from you guys.........

I can see Avon's point here.

Please keep this topic on-topic. I'm sure a discussion about a new CWC would have a happy home over in the User Missions or Mission Editing and Scripting forums. This thread is about the island...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but how will the terrain be in the new island? Will it me mostly flat, or will it be varied?

I am confident that BAS will make a very good island for us. But the only thing I'd like to stress is the importance of the names! Many islands have (for me) been ruined by the town names. I hope you keep the names in a carribean/south american style smile_o.gif

Just saw this cause I"ve been away for a few days. Very nice looking island guys.

What can we expect in the way of town? Modern or huts or a mix imbetween as sorta an african city/town might look like.

GoOB, it is an African island.

Oh... Well keep the names African-ish then tounge_o.gif Seriously I thought it was supposed to be in the west indies or something.

And surely, PMC Ranger Path has some job for Delta/Rangers in the BAS Isle 1 smile_o.gif

It would be great if the BAS team gave early access of Lost Island to Snake Man to produce another great PMC campaign using the Island and BAS addons.

My bigest problem in OFP editing... two kids and a whyfe... crazy_o.gif  a allways angry whyfe that don't like OFP.

Maybe I should have a chat with her.

On second thought, maybe not. crazy_o.gif