Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas island - working title "lost island"

I must admit, I haven't seen anything this magnificent since nogova, and I've barely seen anything..

Will you be releasing campaign with that island featuring BAS addons?

I am currently speaking to Jahve about converting Cold War Crisis to use BAS units. So it won't use the new island, but you will get some missions to play.

I've been doing this since JAM came out. Let me tell you, the missions are much more exciting wink_o.gif

1)Are the town names Middle Eastern in the desert?

2)Are the towns in the jungle South American or African? rock.gif  smile_o.gif

3)Can you give us one name of one of the towns on the island? smile_o.gif

I am currently speaking to Jahve about converting Cold War Crisis to use BAS units. So it won't use the new island, but you will get some missions to play.

I've been doing this since JAM came out. Let me tell you, the missions are much more exciting  wink_o.gif

been doing what? smile_o.gif

I've been doing this since JAM came out. Let me tell you, the missions are much more exciting  wink_o.gif

Converting the CWC campaign using the BAS addons and JAM. Great stuff. wink_o.gif

I must admit, I haven't seen anything this magnificent since nogova, and I've barely seen anything..

Actually there's bee a lot of good islands since Nogova....some of them even better IMO..... smile_o.gif

5)Big....perhaps about as large as Kolgujev

*cough* You are joking? Its much bigger than Kolgujev, its bigger than Nogova, its 14x12 of the big grid squares whereas Nogova is 9x9, Kolgujev is 5x5 for the main portion, and then it has the headinglittle offshoot up to the north east, Lost island is a hell of a lot bigger than it...

i was saying

kolgujev is such a small map

now that evis cleared it all up

i felt much better wink_o.gif

Most all the town names are african themed.

The architecture varies from town to town. I did a TON of texturing work to get most all of the main buildings to look different, yet all still feel like they all belong together. You'll just have to see them. At least 90% of the island uses non BIS models and textures, with evis and nag working on the majority of models and myself doing the majority of the texturing with Nag doing the rest.

I could go on for hours about how much work has been done to this island and all the differences in the various cities and towns along with how the vegatation changes depending on where you are, but again I don't want to give away anything. There is just so much to explore, and so many surprises to find. I'm still finding out things on it everyday while testing. It's just such a big area.

I'll let Nag decide what to show and give away.

@BAS:What have you found harder,more time consuming: Making units,vehicles or this island? I'd think the island would be the most time consuming one, what with having to place every single object on such a large island crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

@BAS:What have you found harder,more time consuming: Making units,vehicles or this island? I'd think the island would be the most time consuming one, what with having to place every single object on such a large island  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

maybe with visitor their island had speeded up on devlopment speed

@BAS:What have you found harder,more time consuming: Making units,vehicles or this island? I'd think the island would be the most time consuming one, what with having to place every single object on such a large island  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Depends on who you ask, as each has it's own set of problems. As far as texturing, the island was most time consuming as there was just sooooo much stuff to do. The 60s were the hardest to do since it was all created from nothing except for parts of the interior (ST modeled it all amazingly well, and made the mapping easier to do), with the new units much easier now after remapping the models to use a better mapping system that doesn't need 3 textures lined up by using trial and error per body part, only 1. Of course the low poly island obejcts were simple to map and texture.

I'm sure Nag would say the island since he's been placing objects for months on end.

bah i wish there are 25x25 km islands (i can run on both my top machines 50x50 ones but with highest geometry on terrain it keeps crashing with 4000+ visiblity and other problems)

so up to 25x25 seems be ok ...

and i'm sure bas use neew wrptool (which looks so nEAt)..

Oh, I would love to see more pics showing the island. I have seen those that are out, but everyone want to see more. More of the towns, and the diffrent objects.

Of course it's your call tounge_o.gif but please!

Question for the BAS guys:

Will this island contain any cool embedded scripts like kegetys did with the snow and aurora borealis on Winter Nogojev? You guys always seem to raise the bar for everyone, so I can't help but wonder if you have something like that planned. Obviously snow isn't going to work, but I suppose sandstorms would.

Can you show us a pic from the island from the top?

So we can see how it basiqly look like?

I really hope you are making some chockpoints in the map or other tactial spots.

Very nice for a game of CTI biggrin_o.gif

Hope you post some screenshots soon.

Im looking forward to it as all your addons  biggrin_o.gif  BTW cassandra there are lot of good islands example: Sarugao, Island Ichkeria, Greece 3 and more wink_o.gif

Converting the CWC campaign using the BAS addons and JAM. Great stuff.  wink_o.gif

the quotes are piling up :P ive been at it since the rangers n deltas were released :\

Oh yes a topographical overview map would be nice as a teaser! smile_o.gif

Im not sure you can actually zoom out far enough to take a screenshot of the whole thing...

is there a small map from the isle included for the Blackhawk Cockpit?  rock.gif

yes it has been mentioned before

is there a small map from the isle included for the Blackhawk Cockpit?  rock.gif

It will work automatically, like the BIS islands.