Sign in to follow this  
Renagade

Now we get our cars chipped  :/

Basicly there is talk of fitting some kind of identification a nd tracking system into cars before or after manufacture.

Im not sure if its going to be done with a RFID chip or if will use some other technology and can`t find too much about it yet.

http://www.transcore.com/markets....A03.pdf

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa....-03.htm

this links a bit odd,only the top half is relevant

Fine by me. Think of how much easier it would be to find stolen vehicles. Depending on how much it could do, police might just be able to click a button, and avoid dangerous high-speed chases.

Who knows maybe they already have wow_o.gif u can get ur pets chipped easily enough,quick jab between the shoulders with a special syringe and thats it.

Damn... so when it's the time for me to get a Hummer H1 (retail $100,000), I can't steal it and move to Mexico... crap!

Jezz, why dont you just put chips into people?!?! mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

well some people already have potato chips in the stomch ... erm .... yeah

EDIT: Oops I forgot the ontopic part, well, I think this is a great thing if it is never abused by the federales etc. It will be really helpful in vehicle thefts (smuggling too) and car chases like mentioned above.

Yeah, at our College today we were all served "welcome" cookies, I'm pretty sure they were meant to implant position transmitters in our bodies. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

(actually no, our College is trying to get us diabetes with cookies, donuts etc. ) tounge_o.gif

As long as they don't connect those chips to GPS systems to determine how much I'm speeding on a given road, and automatically give me a fine, thats fine by me.

*gets in a shitty mood about the future of traffic law enforcement and the current draconian speed limits and enforcements crazy_o.gif

Article in the latest New Scientist about 'motes'

Quote[/b] ]An unseen silicon army is gathering information on Earth and its inhabitants. It's not an alien reconnaissance mission: smart dust is finally hitting the streets,

Can't get the article yet as it's not been a week since it was published. Interesting concept, if somewhat disturbing.

Who needs chips when you've got intelli-dust!

Jezz, why dont you just put chips into people?!?! mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

Because...there´s a difference between cars and people? What kind of question is that? rock.gif

I am absolutly pro! The more chips the better!!!

[bush voice] This has nothing to do with the fact, that I work in the chip industry[/bush voice]  unclesam.gif  tounge_o.gif

yeah our Autobahn rules... sometimes. tounge_o.gif

Our average speed on the trip to berlin was 180km/h. biggrin_o.gif but it wasn't more than 120km/h back because they've closed the third lane and the road was packed up for some km. mad_o.gif It took 3 hours to get to berlin, but 5 hours to get back. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Lets all move to germany and drive on their highway
And while we're there, buy M5's, 911 turbo's, AMG's and Audi RS4's.

Oooooo, would't that be fun.

*Note to self: when in Europe, go to Germany and hire the fastest, meanest, most powerful car the rental place has got, and take it off the clock biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif *

Oooo, what i'd do to have an autobahn!

hehe but you still have to be careful. The police is watching out for people who drive too fast and too dangerous. It can be pretty expensive if they get you. crazy_o.gif

they're everywhere! especially on the small roads. wink_o.gif

As long as it doesn't involve speeding consequences, its fine by me. smile_o.gif

And you think professional car thieves can't remove those systems? Ah, I forgot, there will be a law that all cars have to be equipped with those systems. And some months later they'll invent a toll for every street (not just highways) and control is easy because --every car is detectible...

Yeah, have fun. rock.gif

that sounds like another way for the gouvernement to get some more cheap money from the car drivers! mad_o.gif watch out bastler! some ape in berlin might like your idea! crazy_o.gif

Hi The Frenchman

They allready do.

Its a similar chip to one they put in pets and live stock for animal passports.

It is being tested as a protection measure for children. It works the same way as ID tags on books that prevent them from being stolen from shops and libraries.

Registration and tracking chips including a paint with ID tags in it are allready in use and various research projects are looking at future possibilities including one that can activated by theft leaving traceable particles on the thief and their clothing and everything they touch. The micro particles have a chemical fingerprint that can be set to a specific ID. You would coat your home items with the dust then the police can use a chemical sniffer to track it.

In the UK we have had a satelite tracking system for stolen cars for many years it uses mobile phone technology but it is geting smaller and cheaper.

There is a scientist at Reading University UK with several nerve activated chips in his arm he uses them to operate security doors TV remotes etc.

Kind Regards Walker

And you think professional car thieves can't remove those systems? Ah, I forgot, there will be a law that all cars have to be equipped with those systems. And some months later they'll invent a toll for every street (not just highways) and control is easy because --every car is detectible...

Yeah, have fun. rock.gif

No need

All cars have ID tags (their number plate) police in the UK have number plate recognition cameras in patrol cars.

The number plate is checked to see if it is real and matches the make and model of the car, whether it is taxed, insured, owned by a known criminal, whether there are oustanding fines or warants on the owner etc.

The police in cars that operate the system complain they can not get more than a quater of a mile from the station without catching a Car Criminal. There has been an improvement in catching Car Tax Scroungers and Insurance evaders, as well a fewer car thieves.

The plan is to add the system to CCTV systems so criminals etc can be tracked the eventual system will include habit and location tracking software so if a car suddenly turns up in a new location it is flagged.

As to taxing cars and car drivers in most countries they are a heavily subsidised. I know of no western country where the car driver pays the full cost of their habit.

In the UK car drivers are among the most heavily taxed in the west and the total income from their habit does not even cover the cost of NEW motorways never mind repairing existing ones the none motorway roads, polution, road accidents etc. Like most tax scroungers they think they deserve more then they give.

Kind Regards Walker

a_shocked.gif

*The Frenchman runs off to his basement/bunker with 30 cans of Cambell's chunky beef soup and a airsoft gun*

Yes they have their eye on you The Frenchman blues.gif

a_shocked.gif

*The Frenchman runs off to his basement/bunker with 30 cans of Cambell's chunky beef soup and a airsoft gun*

omg he has 3rd person view in real life! i want that too ! blues.gif