Sign in to follow this  
morbid

Scopes

When I got my first air rifle with scope I realised that when using the scope your eye is not placed right up against it.

You can see outside around the scope as well as the magnified view.

Maybe we could have something similar in flashpoint 2, like this:

scoped.jpg

Its not a particularly important feature but I think it would be a nice touch if it is possible to do this.

I am a hunter and when you are looking through your scope at a deer or a target you intend on shooting you get slight tunnel vision.  The only way to have a view like you have on that picture is to have your other eye open and its good technique to keep your non scope eye closed so you can concentrate on your target.

Maybe the view outside the scope circle could be slightly blurred to simulate focusing on the target crosshairs...

The view outside the scope should be unclear enough so as to be unable to discern detail, yet you should be able to detect motion, as you would in RL with your periphery vision.

Also one thing, which made sniping in OFP unrealitically easy, is that when you have a zoom of for example 4x, the scope should wave 4x more, and moving the sight should be 4x faster. I personally never use high zoom(in real life), because the sights movements would be irritatingly fast.

metto has a point there

and I'd like to see the weapon sights with details not only black

I just shot my .22 some today at a target (It needs cleaning) and its been a while since I've last shot a rifle and you can see around the edges a bit but once i started shooting i paid no attention. I have to agree with major fubars idea for blurred out edges around the scope. But I think Bis won't care much about the scopes right now when they have to fix the ai up.

It would be really annoying. Keep it the way it is!

The scope and some peripheral vision would be nice... that is how we are taught. It is not hunting, other things/people are also hunting you. You need some battlefield awareness when using your scope.

such thing would requre the whole scene to be rendered twice, which would mean about half the FPS when using the sights... Also blurring would be extremely slow to do in real time.