Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Absolutely new mi-26 under constructions

Quote[/b] ]Hawk one's still wins for me, mostly because of the animated ramp trough wich the chopper is enterable.... if this one had such a thing it would rock SO MUCH!!!

This one is to scale and has an animated ramp and can carry cargo so I think its will be better smile_o.gif

That's probably the best copter around for OFP by looking the the textures and the model.  wow_o.gif

Hawk one's still wins for me, mostly because of the animated ramp trough wich the chopper is enterable....  if this one had such a thing it would rock SO MUCH!!!  biggrin_o.gif

This feature is already done! You can run, walk, or luying in cargo space, and can shot throught the windows:) But only when chopper is landed.

Frankly i'm lost for words on this one. A shining example of what can be done when great talent is at work.

Parker Hale

@ Aug. 31 2004,22:36)]
That's probably the best copter around for OFP by looking the the textures and the model.  wow_o.gif

Hawk one's still wins for me, mostly because of the animated ramp trough wich the chopper is enterable....  if this one had such a thing it would rock SO MUCH!!!  biggrin_o.gif

This feature is already done! You can run, walk, or luying in cargo space, and can shot throught the windows:) But only when chopper is landed.

*kiss*

you win! biggrin_o.gif

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/dpsmi282.jpg

http://zjws.8u8.com/xk/mi26.jpg

antonov with blades! biggrin_o.gif

just look at the size of the tailrotor compared to a human... crazy_o.gif

I recently tried the "old" beta version has Lee H. pointed me out to DPS/Our Weapons site, it is so big i only realised it when i placed a BAS MH-60 next to it and the Black hawk looked like a mosquito, this new version looks 100 times better, really incredible wow_o.gif .

Will it feature gear suspension like the Mi2's?

Also i love your ZIL trucks, breath taking addons you make, thank you so much smile_o.gif .

Uh, yes on the old Mi-26 gunships would not atack it, infact they would fly away scared, i know its a very big helo but still biggrin_o.gif .

Very cool DPS - always have liked your work, though I admit to almost completley forgetting about you and your projects as well!

Keep up the great work. Perhaps you could make some cool static buildings next, as we don't have very many good ones and you seem like the type who could get it done the RIGHT way.

Well i didnt forget, it is expected to come out this month, i hope everything is going on well, finally a awsome transport helicopter for east, looks like the best looking helicopter in OPF ever, even better than the vbs1 helicopters smile_o.gif .

this chopper is huge. It's the holder of many records.

It has a cargobay as large as that of a c130 hercules (that's a plane for those that don't know). Even the UN uses the chopper to transport stuff.

Russian choppers and planes are among the largest and best in the world (if properly maintained).

In the screenshots it almost looks real. That's awesome texture work. the our weapons mod is an awesome mod.

I still use the Mi-2 pack, but it's only drawback is that the chopper is a bit small and can't transport a lot of troops.

Now I know this chopper will solve this, but this is overkill crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

In the screenshots it almost looks real. That's awesome texture work. the our weapons mod is an awesome mod.

I still use the Mi-2 pack, but it's only drawback is that the chopper is a bit small and can't transport a lot of troops.

Thats what i thought too, it looked like a real screenshot, i mean it looks just perfect, and i too use the Mi-2, the working suspension on the landing gear and the switch on/off animations were features i was expecting to become standard in other helicopter addons (like the BAS MH-60's).

Very nice touches i hope to see in this on too smile_o.gif .

you forgot the best thing about the pack; The replacement of crashed choppers by burned out models. That's one of the most beautifull features I've ever seen on a chopper pack and AFAIK has only been copied by DKM-mod on their MI-28 pack (also amazingly well done with the different laodouts).

That was a feature I was expecting to become standard, but it never happened. I can't believe people still want to look at the crappy engine-generated crahed model. It's so ugly.

I hope they will add this to the Mi-26 also. That would eb an awesome sight to see a burned out wrech of one of these beasts. That reminds me of the scene form 'apocalipse now' where they sail underneath the tail of a crashed B-52.

is the blade effect going to be something implementable on other mods? that would be a nice standard!

you forgot the best thing about the pack; The replacement of crashed choppers by burned out models. That's one of the most beautifull features I've ever seen on a chopper pack and AFAIK has only been copied by DKM-mod on their MI-28 pack

Well that wasnt a personal favorite, well done but still felt a bit fake rock.gif , but i have heard this causes problems in MP games or something and while i like to see new workarounds and features i also like addons that work well out of the box, didnt feel right to crash and see a death camera pointing at the sea you know but either way ill be satisfied wink_o.gif .

This is looking god damn amazing! I thought the thing was real screenshots when someone linked me then I looked closer and realised it was Flashpoint! I guess most of the "standards" we thought would be... erm, standard are down to lack of time, it takes a while to make crash models too, and it has issues in MP with spawning new models when they're destroyed.

Oh and the plane tail in Apoc Now is an F-4, not B-52, they're massive compared.

That reminds me of the scene form 'apocalipse now'

That would be a very cool moment in a mission.

http://lee.plankton.ch/ApocalypseMI26Now.jpg

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

what's on that pic, it's to dark to see, i got a very dark monitor

you can post a brighter image?

B˛T

I've just saw duocumentation about the Mi26 at late night

It was used somewhere in sweden to built a new bridge

it carried some big (i mean very BIG) bridge parts, a crane could never lift

what's on that pic, it's to dark to see, i got a very dark monitor

And I thought, my monitor was dark! biggrin_o.gif

You can see Klink's patrol boat somewhere on tonal and the tail of an MI-26.

Btw: You can brighten up your Monitor in your graphics card settings.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

This is looking god damn amazing! I thought the thing was real screenshots when someone linked me then I looked closer and realised it was Flashpoint! I guess most of the "standards" we thought would be... erm, standard are down to lack of time, it takes a while to make crash models too, and it has issues in MP with spawning new models when they're destroyed.

Oh and the plane tail in Apoc Now is an F-4, not B-52, they're massive compared.

An F4 phantom? Oh well, I was a very long time ago hat I've seen it. I can sure tell an F-4 and B-52 apart.

@ Lee;

awesome picture. Makes me drool and looking for more money to buy myself a better rig.

@ heatseeker;

A bit fake, but far better than the OFP engine paper-wreck model.

I have one interesting idea about replacing normal model with wrecked. It would be less faky, more realistic... Trying to realise now...

One of the things I didn't like on the DKM MI-28 destroyed effect, is the fact that even if you blow an MI-28 on the ground with the engine off, when the model gets replaced with a wrekage the last loop from the rotors sound effect kicks on, like if just switched its engines off when in reallity it haven't been on at all.

I think all this issues about the MI-28 should be addressed to DKM, and see if they release and improved version.

This coments, however, will hellp ORCS to work in effects that are fine for everybody, or at list for them biggrin_o.gif

Good work guys, I love you'r stuff.

@CERO.

I think the dead pilots inside the wrecks usualy looks best, i didnt like the crash and apear 50 meters away from the crashed helo and the husk was completely burnt and rusty.

I also hope this will be fully functional and MP compatible.