Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Three new sniper-style shootings in west virginia

No details yet, but Fox News reports three new sniper-style shootings in West Virginia.

Here is an update -- sounds like some sick copycat:

Quote[/b] ]Two Fatally Shot in West Virginia

Friday, August 15, 2003

CHARLESTON, W. Va. — A man and a woman were fatally shot during two separate incidents outside Kanawha County convenience stores late Thursday, four days after another man was killed in a similar incident.

Police said the deaths appeared to be random shootings.

At about 10:20 p.m. Thursday, a woman was shot while pumping gas at a SuperAmerica store in Campbells Creek. The second fatal shooting happened a little more than an hour later and 10 miles away outside a Go-Mart in Cedar Grove on U.S. 60.

Lt. J.S. Bailes, Kanawha County sheriff's spokesman, had few details about George Carrier Jr. 34, of South Charleston, was shot in the head and killed Sunday night while using a pay telephone outside a Charleston Go-Mart.

Late Thursday, police across the area were alerted to increase patrols around stores with gas pumps. Police are looking for a black pickup truck with gold trim seen leaving the Cedar Grove store and a dark-green or blue Chevrolet Corsica from the Campbells Creek shooting.

Kanawha County sheriff's deputies were questioning store employees and customers late Thursday but would not release any further information.

So which new computer game will this be blamed on? Doom I expect, the flogging horse of the media and still going strong.

So which new computer game will this be blamed on? Doom I expect, the flogging horse of the media and still going strong.

It's just pisses me off when they start blaming computer games. Followed by some wannabe psychiatrics giving statements in newspapers how I'm an unsocial-nolife-freak.

Heh...The day after I watch "2 Minute warning"...About a sniper who goes on a shooting spree in the LA Colosseum rock.gif

Pretty stick stuff. hopefully they wont cause any widespread panic though.

Quote[/b] ]No details yet, but Fox News reports three new sniper-style shootings in West Virginia.

Mr Frag your around the Boston area?

----------

Quote[/b] ]No details yet, but Fox News reports three new sniper-style shootings in West Virginia.

Mr Frag your around the Boston area?

Nope, West Coast. Santa Monica in California to be exact.

Wow, I figured Fox news was only Mass or New England only crazy_o.gif

----

Actually this reminds me of a GTA thing I did with my friends.

I stole a white Van, equiped a Sniper rifle, shot a person at the gas station and drove away tounge_o.gif

Call me sick, but it was humorous at the time.

I stole a white Van, equiped a Sniper rifle, shot a person at the gas station and drove away tounge_o.gif

Call me sick, but it was humorous at the time.

Just don't tell Joe Lieberman blues.gif

So long John Allen Muhammad! ghostface.gifunclesam.gifghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sniper Mastermind Receives Death Sentence

AP - 44 minutes ago

Jurors decided Monday that John Allen Muhammad should be executed for masterminding the deadly sniper attacks that terrorized the Washington area for three weeks last fall.

And good riddance! mad_o.gif

Nah, they shouldn't execute him. They should use him as bait to catch this copycat.

Sad to hear people are copying horrific crimes like the shootings in the Washington area. Even sadder to hear that people are rooting for criminals to get killed, quite a barbaric scociety sad_o.gif

But I have a question, is there any possibility that strong media coverage can influence people with pshycological dysfunctions to mimic acts of violence? The strong media coverage acting as a match, and the dysfunction(s) acting as the extremly flammable material.

Sad to hear people are copying horrific crimes like the shootings in the Washington area. Even sadder to hear that people are rooting for criminals to get killed, quite a barbaric scociety  sad_o.gif

But I have a question, is there any possibility that strong media coverage can influence people with pshycological dysfunctions to mimic acts of violence? The strong media coverage acting as a match, and the dysfunction(s) acting as the extremly flammable material.

Why is this barbaric when the criminals have murdered so many innocents?

Yeah kill them i say , these people have no mercy for others so they shouldnt get any themselves.....

Isnt that John Allen Muhammed from one of those wanna be muslim groups who dont even know how to spell Islam crazy_o.gifmad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Surely a Muhammed sympathizer. However it does not rule out that he is ex-military again. On the contrary these kind of shootings are asassination style, suggest training and no social person-person relations with the victims. (yeah...well duh)

Hi all

John Allen Muhammed is a recognised type of assasin a type 3 to be precise.

They are usualy failures as people they look to assasination to give their lives meaning. Lee Harvey Oswald is another example.

Often they atempt to achive meaning to their lives through ideology/religion etc. This does not increase their self worth so it often becomes a final stage before they often become suicicidal but the assasination is an atempt to survive rather than disapear.

Sometime ago people in intelegence community mooted them as a potential weapon. Unfortunatly intelegence community does not denote intelegence or even secret and they blabbed it all over; it even made it into film and TV.

So the potential for using such broken people as suicide bombers was obvious to most of the nastier elements in the world. It is a forgone conclusion that damaged societies whether by war or economic disfunction or combinations of the two provide an ideal breeding ground for this type.

It has always amazed me that Israel who are in full possesion of these facts continues to create the breeding ground for these weapons in its actions in the occupied territories and now the US does the same in Iraq.

As you sow so shall you reap.

Kind Regards Walker

Yes, definately a product of society, and to be asassinated as he has done to others.

Everything seems to come full circle more than one in these cases. From society, to individual to society... little without cause and little without reactions.

ghostface.gif ok maybe I'm a little too philosophical now

Sad to hear people are copying horrific crimes like the shootings in the Washington area. Even sadder to hear that people are rooting for criminals to get killed, quite a barbaric scociety  sad_o.gif

For one it gives the goverment the power to kill how is it right to kill someone because he has killed? I might be a dug-in Swede wich never has had any loved one be a victim of a violent crime. But I don't belive that killing people is the solution to stopping criminals, no matter how deprived/psychotic the person in question is.

Now back on-topic smile_o.gif

For one it gives the goverment the power to kill how is it right to kill someone because he has killed? I might be a dug-in Swede wich never has had any loved one be a victim of a violent crime.  But I don't belive that killing people is the solution to stopping criminals, no matter how deprived/psychotic the person in question is.

Now back on-topic smile_o.gif

Sorry i dis-agree when a person knows of what the consequences of his actions will later be on him he will not 'dare' to do it again , or in other peoples cases , it will amke them think twice before trying to emulate such a act.

Putting a person in prison for the rest of his life is even worse then killing him.

Let's call the shootings pre-emptive strikes. He got a death sentence so he only did what others would do to him.

This is what USA is doing so you could almost call him a true patriot. unclesam.gifcrazy_o.gif