Sign in to follow this  
Balschoiw

Cia in praha (prague)

Hi !

It's me Balschoiw. I am in Praha right now accompanied by Lobanak, another member of the CiA clan.

We are having a very good time here and we wanted to take the chance to meet some czech OFP players who live in or near praha during our stay. We have no idea about the nightlife here and don't want to end up in a dirty nightclub, but have fun with some local OFP fans.

If any of you want to meet us for 1000 beers or more leave a message at our hotel reception, telephone number 22272 7313. The Triska hotel is at Vinohradska 105, Praha 3. it would be nice if some praha guys would contact us. We are here until monday, but weekend activities are preferred. Our room number is 402.

For all of you who plan to go to praha someday:

DO IT !

It's a very nice town with loads of good looking ....beers wink_o.gif

Cu guys.

To mods: I know this is very off topic but we have to take the chance you know. biggrin_o.gif

I always wanted to go to Prague someday. smile_o.gif Do you plan to take some photos of the city Balschoiw? If you do, please upload them and share them with the community. biggrin_o.gif

I was in Prague a little more than a week ago. I went backpacking by train through eastern-europe, exploring the battlefields of OFP2 biggrin_o.gif Was in prague for about four days, and I must say I enjoyed it greatly. Beatifull town, excellent beers and a great nightlife. smile_o.gif

oh, I allmost forgot, try visiting some busstationes a little outside of prague, or somewhere else in Czech Republic. It are the exact OFP ones, very nice to see wink_o.gif

I´ve been in Prague, it´s a great destination for a poor student since everything is so cheap but yet so good (food, beer, everything!). I expect they´ll learn to start charging normal prices when they join the EU.

it´s also a very beautiful city, hope you enjoy your stay there smile_o.gif

We have no idea about the nightlife here and don't want to end up in a dirty nightclub, but have fun with some local OFP fans.

Nah m8 you should see some of the other 'sights' wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

World renowned 'sights' they are biggrin_o.gif

I'll keep this open for a while because it's about OFP and players meeting other players. Games are supposed to bring people together. smile_o.gif

Hi again. We were out yesterday night and had some strange experience. We went to the RadostFX club and were surprised that the club was nearly empty. The sound was great, there was a slovakian house/combo with deep house sounds and a great saxophone player. Unfortunally there were not that much people in there, but we'll test another locations tonight.

Quote[/b] ] Do you plan to take some photos of the city Balschoiw? If you do, please upload them and share them with the community.

We are taking photos like hell . I already have 90 pics and Lobanak also. This should be sufficient enough to satisfy all your needs.

The most interesting part of the mission to praha will take place on monday. We will go to BIS studios for a meeting with Marek and hope to see some WIP of OFP2. I can't tell you by now if we get permission to report things on OFP2 but I am confident that there will be info to share. I also have a list of questions regarding OFP 2 on my PPC and we will not leave their office until at least some of them are being answered.:D

Finally a question for the praha experienced among you:

Where the hell shall we go to meet fine ladies at night ?

(don't dare to send us into some night clubs with "special" offers.)

There are some clubs on our list already. If you know one of them and have been there write a comment please.

Following clubs are on our list:

- Mekka

- Roxy

- Studio 55

Any info would be great. Cu lads.

Quote[/b] ] Do you plan to take some photos of the city Balschoiw? If you do, please upload them and share them with the community.

We are taking photos like hell . I already have 90 pics and Lobanak also. This should be sufficient enough to satisfy all your needs.

The most interesting part of the mission to praha will take place on monday. We will go to BIS studios for a meeting with Marek and hope to see some WIP of OFP2. I can't tell you by now if we get permission to report things on OFP2 but I am confident that there will be info to share. I also have a list of questions regarding OFP 2 on my PPC and we will not leave their office until at least some of them are being answered.:D

OK that's the part of your trip I was mainly interrested in. biggrin_o.gif

Your main objective is to take photos of everything concerning OFP2, or the whole recon mission fails! tounge_o.gif

Good luck Gebirgsjäger! Weggetreten! smile_o.gif

How expensive is a voyage to Prague? Do you think a 12th grade guy like me could afford one? I want to visit OFP-player's Mecca too. wink_o.gif

$33ker @ Aug. 16 2003,23:14)]

OK that's the part of your trip I was mainly interrested in. biggrin_o.gif

Your main objective is to take photos of everything concerning OFP2, or the whole recon mission fails! tounge_o.gif

Good luck Gebirgsjäger! Weggetreten! smile_o.gif

How expensive is a voyage to Prague? Do you think a 12th grade guy like me could afford one? I want to visit OFP-player's Mecca too. wink_o.gif

Depends on were you live and how long you want the trip to be. I mean if you live close enough you can have it over with in two days.

Prauge was a wonderful city, but awful to drive in according to my dad. He got stopped and had to pay 1000 czech krona. And that was the "discounted price" the officer gave to us because we were tourists. He was very polite though, real nice fella. Prauge was wonderful by night, unfortunatley I didn't have the oppurtunity to visit BI studios since we were on our way home from Italy. But I will definatley visit Prauge again, citizens of Prauge beware!

Also, one of the first things I saw coming in to CZR was a T72 being transported on a truck, there was a soldier sitting on the the tank aswell. Quite comical smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Aug. 16 2003,23:14)]How expensive is a voyage to Prague? Do you think a 12th grade guy like me could afford one? I want to visit OFP-player's Mecca too. wink_o.gif

Dead cheap - you can go by bus from most bigger cities in Germany (EuroLines) - or, if you got a bit more money, go by train or plane. Accomodation is cheap to moderately priced (I think I spent 10€/night when I went there 3 years ago), and good food and beer are dead cheap, too. Also it's just a beautifull town with a lot of culture and stuff to see. You should be able to pass a week on a few hundred Euros including the travel expenses and everything else.

ok folks  try to go to Lavka, and Karlovy lazne (for girls) when online icq is 86479836

best beer in my opinion is Gambrinus, if you go to those clubs, its not cheap, so dont suggest many czech girls there, but they are know by lets say rapid fire smile_o.gif)) so good hunting, if you need more tips or something, let me know biggrin_o.gif, on central station you can buy some grass, few lets say 3-5 are legall for your own use (makes hunting easier you know smile_o.gif )

GL

Pretty amazing, BIS is attracting tourism to Prague. biggrin_o.gif Say hello to Ondrej for me. smile_o.gif

Lucky you smile_o.gif

Yes Please Take photos of OFP2 Stuff!!!!

And Ask tons of questions!!!!

Any Info would be Awesome biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifunclesam.gif

Hey bals.. tell uncle Marek to send me the first playable version when it's ready and if it's not too much trouble you could suggest him to make me the hero in the Vietnam campaign. A silver mini gun and a big knife would look nice. Also some big tattoos, something like Crazy dog and BMF.

If this isn't possible anything else is ok smile_o.gif

Make sure you have your spy cam ready to take plenty of pics of the secret stuff wink_o.gif

Marek: "Hey, why is your shirt button flashing like that?"

Balschoiw: "Ummm, what button? this is a pullover shirt"

Make sure you have your spy cam ready to take plenty of pics of the secret stuff  wink_o.gif

Marek: "Hey, why is your shirt button flashing like that?"

Balschoiw: "Ummm, what button? this is a pullover shirt"

I have already shown bals some great spy cams which he could bring with him. I really hope and believe that he does as I told him to do smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Aug. 16 2003,23:14)]How expensive is a voyage to Prague? Do you think a 12th grade guy like me could afford one? I want to visit OFP-player's Mecca too. wink_o.gif

Dead cheap - you can go by bus from most bigger cities in Germany (EuroLines) - or, if you got a bit more money, go by train or plane. Accomodation is cheap to moderately priced (I think I spent 10€/night when I went there 3 years ago), and good food and beer are dead cheap, too. Also it's just a beautifull town with a lot of culture and stuff to see. You should be able to pass a week on a few hundred Euros including the travel expenses and everything else.

Hey that's cheaper than I thought! smile_o.gif

What about the language? Can you get along with English or do I have to learn some special Czech vocabulary?

Quote[/b] ]on central station you can buy some grass, few lets say 3-5 are legall for your own use

wow_o.gif

uhm... That's not a thing I wanted to know about, but thanks anyway. tounge_o.gif

$33ker @ Aug. 17 2003,11:37)]What about the language? Can you get along with English or do I have to learn some special Czech vocabulary?

Mind that Prague itself is full of tourists year round, so English is not a problem, and often you can also get by with German (although I think using english is more apropriate/polite in most cases). Outside the tourist spots you might run into problems tho as many people never learned proper english in school (especially those that finished school during comunist times).

Of course it never does any harm to learn some local words. Start with 'pivo' and expand the vocabulary from there! tounge_o.gif

Hint: If you stay longer I also recommend a day tour to the Bohemian Alps (czech equivalent to the german national park Sächsische Schweiz). Bring good boots and a daypack and enjoy some great hiking tours! Busses/trains run several times a day from/to Prague.

Hint2: There's some markets in the outskirts that are great to see. Not sure if they are every day or only on some days, but there's only locals and you can get everything - from fruits and vegetables to plastic toys and bicycles. Great fun just to stroll around.

Also watch out for the seemingly innocent "road stops" They are bad places wink_o.gif

Of course it never does any harm to learn some local words. Start with 'pivo' and expand the vocabulary from there! tounge_o.gif

Hehe biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for your hints joltan and GoOB.

I'll try to convince some friends to go with me. It should be suffiecient if I just say: "Da ist das Bier billig und die Weiber willig!"

tounge_o.gif

j/k

Update:

We were out yesterday night and went to the Karlovy Lazne club. Yes there were a lot of girls, but as you know we are here on a seriouse mission and had to focus on pivo, semtex-wodka (a brain killer in no time) and dancing... Well I confess I got drunk and tried my luck with two girls, both not from praha but somewhere around. They both did not speak english very well, one of them didn't even speak a word and was as drunk as me, so you can imagine there was not much movement biggrin_o.gif

Today we visited BIS ressource number one, the military museum and made a lot of pics of somehow unusual weapons. I am still fighting the alcohol in my brain but I am making progress in that.

Tonight we will slow down a bit I guess. We need all senses for BIS tomorrow wink_o.gif

Ok, that's it for now.

By the way the prices are not that low. I guess prices have risen because of growing tourism and the willingness of tourists to pay that prices biggrin_o.gif