Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

You never know when some idiot mission editor is going to delete your vehicle.

You never know when some addon maker will make it difficult to delete vehicles causing ofp to crash. If Bis didn't want us to delete vehicles they would have not given us the cmd.

Hoz

DeleteVehicle is a powerful but unstable command.

If you delete a vehicle before it registers as existing on all clients, you will get a CTD across the whole MP game.

If you delete a vehicle while a script that is running is trying to drop something on that vehicle, you will get a CTD.

True, this second bug is more the fault of the Drop command than of deletevehicle, but it's just one thing to be wary of.

What we're talking about here are two bugs in OFP.  No single scripting command should be able to precipitate a CTD.  BIS should have fixed it, but they didn't.  So it's up to the addon makers to use it properly.  If they don't, it's down to the mission editors.  And they'll always blame the addon makers and not BIS. (change BIS to "Microsoft", Addon Makers to "Third-Party Developers", and mission editors to "End Users").

The workaround for the "blackhawk respawn CTD" is to wait for the flames to die down, then delete the BH.

As someone who does both missions and addons, I can tell you that both require a lot of time and suffering, and both are rarely bug-free.  This is especially true of a project like the BAS BH, where the addon makers have spent time bundling a bunch of custom scripts to bring functionality that was once available to the expert mission editor (if s/he were so motivated, and had a bunch of time to work on those specific effects) to everybody.

Lots and lots of testing helps, but 1,000 users doing everything imaginable to "Break" your addon will reveal bugs much faster.

This is especially true of respawn and "arena-style" scripts/missions. BAS has deeper resources than me, but from my experience it's just hard to find people willing to test for that sort of environment.

Don´t know if its mentioned.

But i just installed 1.92 and you Blackhawks seem very VERY strong now. And i meen like a flying tank! wow_o.gif

Only with RPG´s! from the AI rock.gif

trust me i tested it 20 gunners where firring at me with blazing guns and the BH didn´t even get a scratch.

They could only hit me through the windows.

maybe you should test that yourselfe.

Not getting that myself, being slaughtered with only 3 AI machinegunners, im not sure hows its changed from 1.91, they were always only able to kill you by actually shooting you (through the windows).

Don´t know if its mentioned.

But i just installed 1.92 and you Blackhawks seem very VERY strong now. And i meen like a flying tank! wow_o.gif

Only with RPG´s! from the AI  rock.gif

trust me i tested it 20 gunners where firring at me with blazing guns and the BH didn´t even get a scratch.

They could only hit me through the windows.

maybe you should test that yourselfe.

cool

nopw thats a reason for dl the ver 1.92

cool

very cool

now bas pls dont change the chopper and ignore wat i said b4

i take that back

there were no difference

wen ai piloting its just cant handle 2 infantry squads it self

ok y not just make the dap with more armour especially the windshields arent they bullet proof???and just leave the normal troop carrying bh the way they are

coz the dap is sort of a gunship by the array of weapons it has it even has more diff guns than the apache

well one extra but.......u know

i think most of the hummers have bullet proof glass

wouldnt it make sense that a blackhawk should also??

okay i did a test 4 bh 2k and 2l they wiped out 3 infantry squads not one lost bh

4daps they wiped out the whole 3 infantry squads but lost 2 daps

i still understanbd if u want the bh the way it is now

sorry if i piss any of u bas members of with this

just cant help myself commenting on it

well i tested it again..DAP is bullet proof now.

The armor Bar doesn´t decrease 1 bit and i have 20 rpk´s firing at it.  wow_o.gif

EDIT: sorry but is it strange that RPG are fired apon the blackhawk? Or was that ment to be that way?

Because you made it attackable?

EDIT: sorry but is it strange that RPG are fired apon the blackhawk? Or was that ment to be that way?

yep! the JAM RPG(AA) unit will fire on enemy air unit........... ghostface.gif

yep! the JAM RPG(AA) unit will fire on enemy air unit...........  ghostface.gif

Sorry guys i tested it with the GRU SF spetznatz heavy MG

the normal JAM soldiers take em down.

I appologieze for this.

EDIT i didn´t use the jam rpg lauchner to test that.

i use standard bis soldiers to test the blackhawks

my test showed the bh k L do more gun runs than the dap and seem to kill more

The non-DAP versions will actually do quite well against just infantry, the reason is becuase the side minigun can be aimed over a wider arc by the gunner. In the DAP the weapons are locked forwards (with a small degree of travel). In RL the guns are actually locked into position so the small degree of lateral movement coded into the weapons is a compromise to give it some capability in the hands of a AI gunner.

SelectThis

Uhm could it be posible if you add an action/command that the chopper increases and decreases hight? For the AI.

that would be very usefull.

ok y not just make the dap with more armour especially the windshields arent they bullet proof???

Nope, they are plexiglass i believe.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Why would you want an invincible helicopter? It wont be any fun to play as the East that way, and Blackhawks are most definetly not invincible. I like how it is now, and a good addon is one which is relative in strenght to the original BIS units, other wise the game is totally unbalanced, and no longer fun. smile_o.gif

bh are no where near invincible

they can get shot down by a stray rpg especially with the jam units

if u want a invincible heli the east has got it

i havent seen an ai to ai challenge to beat the mi24

not the bh nor the apache were able to take it down

even the commanche

the west helis only get lucky sometimes to destroy it

only jet fighters were able to take it down without challenge

i dont mind if bas dont anything different

i just wish they made the dap do more damage to infantry like the commanche and apache coz i dont always like those 2 choppers doin all the air suppor

i dont play mp so my ofp sort of revolves around me creating my amateur missions, and a bh dap getting shot down every small scale mission isnt really realistic

im just stating my situation not trying to flame n e 1

i love those bhs the best transport for the west ive seen

especially the fastrope insertions script

nothing beats that and the jam rpg aa is just a beauty seeing them trying to hit their targets that miss way off due to flares and that thier skill level is to the very left

tounge_o.gif

thanks again bas for ur hard work smile_o.gif

even the commanche

i just wish they made the dap do more damage to infantry like the commanche and apache coz i dont always like those 2 choppers doin all the air suppor

i dont play mp so my ofp sort of revolves around me creating my amateur missions, and a bh dap getting shot down every small scale mission isnt really realistic

nothing beats that and the jam rpg aa is just a beauty seeing them trying to hit their targets that miss way off due to flares and that thier skill level is to the very left

tounge_o.gif

The JAM AA missiles missing has nothing to do with the flares, the flares have no effect on the RPG/M136. Also, the blackhawk takes 3-4 RPG hits to finally be brought down, definately not weak by any standard, and the reason the Mi-24 is invincible is because its built like a tank, very thick armour and thick bullet proof glass.

First of i would like to say that the blackhawks are great. Nothing more than expected.

Secondly i have only read the first 20 pages of this post so i dont know if it have been mentioned, and since the bug report thing on the BAS website doesnt cover the blackhawks yet ill just but it here.

On the DAP version the only thing you see when looking through the gunners site is a black screen.

Something else that i wont call a bug but i think could do with a little improvement. I really like the ladder on the choppers, but could you make it a little longer on the final version?? When doing a ladder extraction from a forrest the choppers gets to low and if it wasnt for your hold script part, at least i think, it would crash since it hovers and pops up and down between the threes where a normal BIS chopper would crash. If it where a little longer it would hover above the threes instead.

Then to another thing mentioned in some of the earlier post. Some one was complaining about that the choppers couldnt carry the jeep and jeep with mg. Answer was that the MH version was special forces choppers and that the jeep was to "old" to have be used along side the blackhawks. I agree with the MH versions but i still think that the UH version should be able to carry standard BIS vehicles west/east/resistance/civil that it would be able to carry real life.

Also as someone also mentioned earlier on it would be a great thing if you in the final versions would make it so people can add a line in cpp of their addons so it can be liftet by them. This should not be one line for all of them, but one for the UH version and one for the MH version. That way people can make it so MH versions only will carry equipment used by SF, like 4 wheel motorbike or RIB's, and the UH version could carry all branches equipment, like artillery pieces ammo boxes and so on. What do you think?

even the commanche

tounge_o.gif

The JAM AA missiles missing has nothing to do with the flares, the flares have no effect on the RPG/M136. Also, the blackhawk takes 3-4 RPG hits to finally be brought down, definately not weak by any standard, and the reason the Mi-24 is invincible is because its built like a tank, very thick armour and thick bullet proof glass.

u will need about 4 rounds to blow a BH up,

but u will only need 1 round to

shut the chopper engine off,

and, if they are lucky, they may land it save(human pilots only)..................

dkraver,

We'll see what we can do about the ladder height.

Re: DAP gunner view, yes that is a bug, the scope view currently works off the littlebirds addon, so if you dont have that installed then it will appear black. This has been fixed and will be in the updated version.

SelectThis

even the commanche

tounge_o.gif

i know the real bh take rpgs jit in real life as long its on tyhe armour side

but the bh i was talking about was the bas one

1 rpg hit and they do explode

i know the real bh take rpgs jit in real life as long its on tyhe armour side

but the bh i was talking about was the bas one

1 rpg hit and they do explode

i wonder if it is true rock.gif cause i tried it many times,

taking a RPG hit without destorying the helo body,

it usually only disable the engine.................

i blow them up

i use the bis rpg

i usually get an empty chopper and shoot at it

to test it out

i blow them up

i use the bis rpg

i usually get an empty chopper and shoot at it

to test it out

i cant blow all of them up(even the bis 1 me8)

i also use the bis rpg

i usually get an "flying" chopper and shoot at it

to test it out..............:P

p.s.1 thing i really like the DKM Mi28 is that if u crash the

chopper it will turn into a crash site, and i think thats great feature

(bad thing is that most of the time u cant walk away from the crash site)

Well I suppose that's because it's a crash landing. It also depends on how you crashed. If your engine stops working at a high altitude, you probably won't make it out alive. It's a nice feature though. Would be interesting if BAS used it in the next version of the BHs.

Well I suppose that's because it's a crash landing. It also depends on how you crashed. If your engine stops working at a high altitude, you probably won't make it out alive. It's a nice feature though. Would be interesting if BAS used it in the next version of the BHs.

well i think most of us have already know how to land

engine stops chopper by Auto rotating save in any atl.