Sign in to follow this  
Daan

Patriot launcher in progress

Hi, I just wanted to inform you that with all these high tech, supersonic jets that come out recently, we are working on the appropriate answer to them from the ground. the Patriot launcher:

Picture1

any suggestions are welcome.

In case you don't know us (most likely), we're a mod team (BBE) originaly from SWAT3, trying out if we can continue our strive for realism in the OFP community.

That would be a very cool addon - you mihgt want to look at the rapier launcher that Swissmod released for ideas on the config etc.

This should be a very useful addon, whether it is by BBE or BAS.

My suggestions:

Nice smoke effects when firing.

Somehow control the AI from doing stupid things, like firing off all four missiles at a single distant chopper (because the first missile did not get there yet, so it thinks it missed)

If you could somehow give it an extended range through scripts, I'm not sure how that works, because as of now, if I am not mistaken, the air unit would have to be rather close for it to be targetted.

Oh, by the way, I love your BBE Real Element mod. I use it over the default player models all the time in SWAT3. wink_o.gif

Funny, I was just about to reply saying that BAS is probably making one since tehy do EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING even teh east.

Good, no, GREAT work so far Daan! Might want to take a look at Col. Klinks psuedo proxy tutorial if you already haven't because that woudl make it a kickass addon.

will it include a command unit that has cammo netting over it, cause that would be Kikin-Rad

I think I have some pics of deployed Patriot batteries from my time in Kuwait if anyone's interested. Mind you, they might not be very good quality. It's been a while since I looked at them and I do remember taking a pic of a big "No Pictures Allowed" sign... so they may be distant as well...

gonna make these badboys using a tow script, so you can pull it behind a truck or whatever?

What would be neat if someone made a scud that can be shot at by these. smile_o.gif We could recreate the first couple days of Operation: Iraqi Freedom. smile_o.gif

lol you might want to edit them to the point that they can't hit anything, if you want to be realistic smile_o.gif

Heh, yeah, now they only shoot down Allied planes.  crazy_o.gif

Yeah finally an addon to kill your allied planes ;)

But seriously it will be a great addon, but arn't these in theory made to shoot down scuds and other MBMs. Perhaps it can be used as eye candy or to shoot down anything the flies

Cmon BAS boys, u should know by now how to recalculate Normals tounge_o.gif , if u don't u get wrong lighting.

Great job Daan. (No point in sayng great job to BAS, they know it without me saying it biggrin_o.gif )

Just to make sure boys, this is a project by BBE, a former SWAT3 mod squad. so compliments only directed to me might get me in trouble with the other members ;)

besides that, it's quite clear it looks good in my opinion, what we need is suggestions, ideas and so on, to make this addon please the realism fans in the OFP community.

Nice model Daan ( and the BBE team )

btw: Whats the polycount of it?

(Spreek je nog wel op msn of zow)

Looks great (almost too great) smile_o.gif

I hope you don't just make the launcher, I hope you make the fire control unit, ammo containers and tractor or else it'd be a bit unrealistic...For example if the FCU gets knocked out, you can't engage, or something along those lines smile_o.gif That'd be great smile_o.gif

Hmmm...might be some talks in order me thinks. *whacks barganing chip on the table* wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

hmmm.jpg

Hey leone... that looks like a NIKE (could be wrong..) but hey, with that missile system, our patriot and the BIS stinger, you could set up a pretty nice TRIAD defence system :P

Now, who's going to make a HAWK system? ;)

Hey leone... that looks like a NIKE (could be wrong..) but hey, with that missile system, our patriot and the BIS stinger, you could set up a pretty nice TRIAD defence system :P

Its an SA-2 Guideline SAM i believe. The model looks great BBE smile_o.gif

Hmmm...might be some talks in order me thinks. *whacks barganing chip on the table*  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Leone and his secrets weapons :P. Nice work on the Patriot Launcher, add some nice scripting and it will be a #1 add-on .

ghostface.gif

What´s TRIAD, NIKE and HAWK? unclesam.gif

Wow...it looked great with just flat surfaces...its amazing with textures. biggrin_o.gif

Can you guys try to make different camo schemes like desert and winter?

Quote[/b] ]What´s TRIAD, NIKE and HAWK?

Triad, tripple air defence.  a unit of guided weapon systems often consisting out of a patriot unit, two HAWK units and a stinger unit.

The patriot (unlike what many people think) can not just turn around and cover 360 degrees of airspace.  it will be aimed in a pre-planned position. it has 4 missiles, one for every type of target, aircraft, missiles, and so on and has a range of 60 kilometers. the HAWK system can turn around 360 degrees, covering the patriot system's back if needed. and ofcourse, the stingers are there for close range incoming aircraft.

HAWK: HAWK.gif

NIKE: stap-park8.jpg