Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Oh, I meant to ask, how are the armed HMMWVs and trucks coming along?

Quite nicely thanks smile_o.gif

I think the code you need is: removeWeapon"M9"; (or whatever the original pistol name was) and then:  this addWeapon"otwM1911A1";

Oh, I meant to ask, how are the armed HMMWVs and trucks coming along?

No that won't work either...

you have to put this into the init-line:

Quote[/b] ]removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "otwm1911a1mag"; this addmagazine "otwm1911a1mag"; this addmagazine "otwm1911a1mag"; this addmagazine "otwm1911a1mag"; this addweapon "otwm1911a1mag";

If this doesn't work try "otwm1911a1" as magazine-name...

Thanks for all the replies dudes, that is awesome. I really appreaciate the help.

On the other hand, look what you put us through BAS. Shame on you, I demand an apology. I would also accept a role as a Beta Tester.  tounge_o.gif

(I was just kidding with that last line, Don't send Evis after me with a garrotte)

Thanks again for all the help guys, I do appreaciate it.

Sweet_pup

BAS-

I got one more question, it may have already been answered, but here it goes.

Are we gonna see this in any updates?

MH-6fastropeLCU.jpg

(US Navy SEALs Fast rope onto target boat in exercise from an MH-6 Little Bird)

Sweet_pup

Have you even read the thread and the news on the BAS site rock.gifmad_o.gif

They WILL make SEALS silly_pup. Actually the progress bar says they're 75% done.

or did you mean the fast rope from the LBS? wink_o.gif

i´ll choose answer 2 and i dont want to choose the audience joker.

for sure he meant the fast roping from the LBs

hmm. If I remember correctly they said on the OFPEC forum that they won't implement fast roping on the LBS's because it's rarely done. I'll try and find that post

yeah you´re right, i remeber that too

but i still like the suggestion to let the LBs carry KLRs thou

Quote[/b] ]hmm. If I remember correctly they said on the OFPEC forum that they won't implement fast roping on the LBS's because it's rarely done. I'll try and find that post

Shit. I seem to remeber that too.

One thing to consider:

Just because it is rarely reported, doesn't mean it is rarely done. The 160th SOAR is a special forces unit, and alot of their missions are still unknown of. Not only that, but they are constantly training, and doing OCONUS (Outside the Continental U.S.) training missions with other nations. So just because we haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

All I'm saying is-

No matter what you heard. Ballistic Addons Studios, is NOT the definative source on the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. But once again, no one, except a member of that unit, can truely know just what happens in the 160th.

Long story short. I still think that the Option to Fast Rope from LBs would kick ass, but if thats not included, No biggie.

Sweet_pup

hmmm i dont know if fast roping is the quickest way for specops to insert... especially from a LB:

*you first got the get the bird to a hover

*then wait until everyone has unboarded/ roped.

while doing so you are a sitting duck.

i made the experience, that flare landings are a saver and quicker way to insert your cargo -surely not in tight alleys, but for sure on buildings.

fast roping in mp games:

pilot approaches target at 80-120kmh and starts decending while constantly lowering speed

as soon as the LB is < 30kmh and <10meters the cargo can "eject" from the LB

btw: is the US ofp version metric too?

Yeah, US is metric, and I don't know the system. It's a sumbitch.  sad_o.gif

Sure, fast roping does leave one vunerable, but so does sitting on a metal bench mounted to a helicopter  biggrin_o.gif .

As far as Fast Roping from little birds is concerned, as far as I know, they use it mainly to get troops into an area where they can't land. Such as the boat in the pic, or, as you said, a narrow ally. They are by no means the primary way to insert troops, because, once again, as you said, they leave your cargo vunerable.

These are just some ideas for BAS. Whatever they do, it will kick ass  tounge_o.gif

Sweet_pup

The "rarely done" reason was only part of the argument.

We also want to keep some differences between the helicopters, as otherwise many would often be left unused, or others would be over-used.

Also, the littlebird is so small and nimble, we feel that it is better used for fast insertions, which not only looks cool (if done properly) but takes some skill to get right, and thats what playing the game is all about right? skill. smile_o.gif

Damn you Deadmeat...Using my previous mention of Skill against me tounge_o.gif

Ah well, I just got done getting my ass toasted in a Little Bird. I agree, it does take more skill to put one of those little bastards down quick and safe, then to hit auto hover and do a fast rope. It just looks so damn cool.

So, might we see some of the features from the Hawks on the new LBs.

- More realistic fuel consumption

- Quicker loss of fuel when damaged to a certain point

- Audio warning of missile locks (That would be real nice  crazy_o.gif )

- More high tech "glass" Cockpits (Although I'm not sure about this one. I think that the LB's still have normal flight Consoles. But I do know that their NAV equipment isn't as complex as that of the MH-60s or MH-47s)

- Wrecked/ Trainer versions. (I've been using the TOW wrecked MH-6, I like the smoke  biggrin_o.gif . And I know that the 160th uses H-6s for training/assessing anyone that comes into the unit. Cheaper)

Once again, not nagging, just ideas.

If it's from BAS = I know it will fuckin rock!

Sweet_pup

Im not sure there is a need for a trainer in a combat simulation. It certainly doesnt warrant the extra mb to add it in. Theres no reason the normal MH-6 cant be used for 'training' missions.

The "rarely done" reason was only part of the argument.

We also want to keep some differences between the helicopters, as otherwise many would often be left unused, or others would be over-used.

Also, the littlebird is so small and nimble, we feel that it is better used for fast insertions, which not only looks cool (if done properly) but takes some skill to get right, and thats what playing the game is all about right? skill. smile_o.gif

yeah

so does that mean the lb will have quicker land insertions?

for me lb take too long to land

i was thniking u could make the lb have fast insertions for its especialty

i tried to make the LB do fast insertions by unpbo the delta mission but im not good at mission scripting so i couldnt get it to work on my mission

just a thought since it would b more realistic for the L bird wen the ai is piloting it do fast insertions like the bas bh with the fastrope where u just paste the script on the activation line

They are very easy to flare/land yourself. Just use the keypad button that makes them bank to left or right (not turn!), hold it down until you've done a 180deg turn and all your forward speed should of been bled off wink_o.gif hit the auto hover (if you need to) and put her down biggrin_o.gif .There is a technique but it's not too hard to master...

Some helos stall/nose~dive like this if going to fast (Kiowa's are bitches for it!), try and keep the nose up just above 45Deg...

sweet_pup,

you forgot the foxy shell casing effects for the miniguns, the smoke when firing rockets and the engine exhausts.

in general, all the very nice h60s eye candy effects in a LB version wink_o.gif

ruff,

you ever tried flying ofp helos with a joystick?

it´s so much fun (and challenge) and you really get a different feel for the ofp aircraft.

especially when using a joystick with throttle control and rudder axis:

you can "easily" (after some practice) flare land them by yourself , beginning at a >80kmh speed and even fast- insert them at the rooftop of the petrovice towers.

for the ai flare landings in your missions:

use snypir´s fast landing script, found on OFPEC´s editors section. it´s a really powerfull script.

hmmm... well how about adding an action to ai LBs like "quick insert" when you are cargo?

it´d "simply" check for a LZ and activate a modified version of snypirs script.

Pang you mean its eayser to fast insert with Joystick or harder ?? =) ( wanna know if i should get my Joystick )

unclesam.gif

btw i cant se no Fast Insertion Script At Ofpec = (

hmm hard to tell, if flying with joysticks is easier. its different...

just give it a try if you already have a joystick.

if you get a feeling for the handling, you´ll see the difference in the result of flying a helo.

here´s the script

click

yeah i found the script and omg having to use speed as page up and down on joystick sucks tounge_o.gif

hmm hard to tell, if flying with joysticks is easier. its different...

just give it a try if you already have a joystick.

if you get a feeling for the handling, you´ll see the difference in the result of flying a helo.

here´s the script

click

i know how to land fast

but im more of the infantry man than the helo flying type of ofp player

so most of the time the ai is controlling the lb

i know there are scripts but wouldnt it b easier if there was an in built one like the bh have

didnt that make our lives easier wen making a mission?

thanks for all ur answers

not trying to flame just saying my 2 cents worth

ARE THE UPDATED D/R goin to have the jam back pack that i hear of?makes u carry more than 10mags

would be good for the officer since he'll be doin all the shootin

So... are ya making any BUIS for the weapons update?

And damnit it was one more question nut I forgot.. crazy_o.gif

NEVA MIND

did it

cpp so easy the way u guys lay it out