Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

Beer thread

Hehe !

Well there is no better beer than german beer. Full stop biggrin_o.gif

My favourites:

Hell Bräu Altötting

The Fine-Herb beer is a dream with 5 % alcohol.

Augustiner Bräu

Edelstoff is a great beer from this brewery.

My local brewery with excellent Helles

A friend of mine is Braumeister and recently bought a little brewery with restaurant in Kösslarn. His Weissbier is great, but I don´t like Weissbier much biggrin_o.gif

Hehe,german beer is very good as well (don't remember any names though,we just ordered some stuff on a trip to Bonn)

I like white beer,they're good to drink when you're thirsty in summer,very refreshing.

My favourite is hoegaarden,can't beat that in a chilled glass when you're in need of refreshment smile_o.gif

I mostly drink Bavaria (yes a beer here in holland), heineken and assorted german beers. I dont like belgian beer much, they are great beers but just not my thing smile_o.gif IMHO germany makes the best beer in the world.

although this topic is OT, i do understand the invaluable existence of our beloved liquified bread.

as long as the thread do not go off the trail, and everyone is civil while not spamming i'll keep this thread open.

This thread is violating my copyright. mad_o.gif

I started the Famous Beer thread in the old forums. It got deleted. All my research on our fine and old german beer was wiped away! sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

On the topic of beer, there was this old wives tale here that drinking a bottle of beer did the same as eating two slices of bread. They researched it, because the felt it gave ppl the idea that drinking beer was good for you, and found out it was only as good as one slice of bread. So i guess you just have to drink twice as much beer wink_o.gif

I'm not much of a beer enthusiast myself, but I prefer German and Czech beers. I hate all forms of ales. Not too fond of the Belgian stuff either. Danish beer is ok. Tuborg is what I usually drink. Swedish beers are not very good. Spendrups has some adequate brews, but nothing special.

But to contriubute something unique to the thread. Two good Croatian beers that you can get in all of former Yugoslavia are Osjecko Pivo and Karlovacko Pivo. (pivo means beer)

My information about canadian beers limits to Trois Pistoles,

Eau Benite ,Raftman ,La Maudite and Fin Du Monde.[/b[

they are pretty strong to me so i dont drink them so often...

My personal favourite smile_o.gif

fin-medaillon.gif

And what's wrong with strong anyway? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Stella Artois is a favourite of mine. Currently I'm drinking a lot of Grolsch, but I do like my Hoegardden. (Giant glasses like ashtrays)

German beers are the best non-stop. I've only been to one beer festival, but it was unbelievable.

fin-medaillon.gif

And what's wrong with strong anyway?  tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Some times the alcohol "taste" is too present, i dont like that smile_o.gif But ofcourse thats down to personal preference. I am ashamed to admit i like budweiser ... and i used to be a bartender! biggrin_o.gif I seriously dont see why people dislike it so much.

fin-medaillon.gif

And what's wrong with strong anyway?  tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Some times the alcohol "taste" is too present, i dont like that smile_o.gif But ofcourse thats down to personal preference. I am ashamed to admit i like budweiser ... and i used to be a bartender! biggrin_o.gif I seriously dont see why people dislike it so much.

Bud? Ewww, justdrink it and you find out whyso many people dispise it!

Get a nice pint of Stella in you, and it will taste like ambrosia compared to Bud!

Quote[/b] ]Two good Croatian beers that you can get in all of former Yugoslavia are Osjecko Pivo and Karlovacko Pivo. (pivo means beer)

But don´t even think that Opatija is a good cigarette blend.

Your lung comes up in pieces with that crap.

I am smoker but I turned into a non-smoker whenever I was offered Opatija cigarettes from locals.

Don´t want to lead this thread into the black hole, so just continue with beer biggrin_o.gif

Grolsch is good stuff as well smile_o.gif

My usual is Stella Artois,Hoegaarden and Jupiler,in no particular order.

Oh and supah,I meant no offence to people that do like heineken smile_o.gif

It is one of the most widespread beers in the world so it's safe to say that it's just me and my strange taste.  smile_o.gif

Edit : I agree wholeheartedly Badgerboy smile_o.gif

Grolsch is good stuff as well smile_o.gif

I find it a bit too "oniony". Dont know how else to explain it.

Quote[/b] ]Oh and supah,I meant no offence to people that do like heineken smile_o.gif
Non taken smile_o.gif Tastes differ
Quote[/b] ]Edit : I agree wholeheartedly Badgerboy smile_o.gif

Hey atleast its better then most chinese beers ive tried wink_o.gif

I usually drink Carlsberg or Tuborg, but this past week i´ve only been drinking Ceres Royal, got a case and couldnt leave it alone smile_o.gif

Royal Rules

When im out of money i drink our local beer "Maribo Pilsner" or the even cheaper "Dansk Pilsner"

But don´t even think that Opatija is a good cigarette blend.

Ugh. I agree. The only local stuff that I smoked was Ronhill which is very similar to Marlboro lights. We had an excellent local black market in Kosovo. You could get Ronhills for about 0.5 €/pack, compared to the retail price (in Zagreb) of 2 €/pack smile_o.gif

There was another good beer, a Serbian, I think. Pla.. Plava.. something.. don't remember.

Generally they have quality beer over there. Similar to Czech. And cheap smile_o.gif Half a liter in a restaurant for about 0.5 € (compare that to Sweden where it costs about 5 € in a restaurant).

Two good Croatian beers that you can get in all of former Yugoslavia are Osjecko Pivo and Karlovacko Pivo. (pivo means beer)

Pride of Zagreb. biggrin_o.gif

kolaz4.jpg

(English: "the beer of March")

Didn't we already do this once? Oh well, German, Czech, Polish are my favourites. By far. smile_o.gif

Generally they have quality beer over there. Similar to Czech. And cheap smile_o.gif Half a liter in a restaurant for about 0.5 € (compare that to Sweden where it costs about 5 € in a restaurant).

I was under the impression beer (any alcohol for that matter) was very expensive in scandanavian countries. 5 euro's for half a liter isnt THAT bad for a restaurant smile_o.gif Sweden is the exception to that rule?

Didn't we already do this once?

Good discussions about good beer are never overdone biggrin_o.gif.

Keep up the suggestions, I just found out that I'll be going to two different cottage parties in the next three weeks, so knowing some good stuff to bring could be useful smile_o.gif

Bernadotte:

Agh. Damn it! I meant Ozujsko, not Osjecko. Osjecko is not very good at all.

Ozujsko is the good one smile_o.gif

At the brewpub, I only drink local brewed Stout, Porter or Scotch Ale. I used to drink Tartan now and then but the supplier is having problems getting it now. I sometimes go for a India Pale ale too.

In the bottle, it depends on the time of day, what I'm doing, and what else I'm drinking. Say I just finished cutting the grass on a hot summer day, I don't really feel like a thick stout, I'd rather go for a fast Coors light or some other light beer, chug a few of those back and I'm set. At night, if I'm sitting in front of the TV watching the game, I'll go for a bottle of McAusland Oatmeal Stout. If I'm at the game, I bring along a bottle of irish whiskey and screw the expensive prices of the crap beer they're selling. I sometimes will buy a beer and pour the whisky into the empty cup.

-=Die Alive=-