Sign in to follow this  
Renagade

Man wakes up after 19 year sleep

wow. Thats something you dont hear about very often. I have to give credit to the family for keeping hope so long.

I'm surprised his body hasn't shut down with all of the inactivity. The man is lucky he dosn't have Deep vein thrombosis, a very fatal thing that happens after long periods of inactivity.

dumb question but ...... will he stay awake for the next 19 years ?

Wouldn`t the  nurses move him about  every so  often?

its gonna be fun ny when the  tell himm the news cos when he  was around saddamn and  the afghanistans weren`t the bad guys and now they are   tounge_o.gif

Afraidbean.gif

its gonna be fun ny when the  tell himm the news cos when he  was around saddamn and  the afghanistans weren`t the bad guys and now they are   tounge_o.gif

I was wondering what this has to do with BIS' off-topic forum until your reply. biggrin_o.gif

He still thinks Reagan is President. He's in for a real shock. I am old enough to remember the 80's. The world has gone and gotten itself a whole hell of a lot more complicated since then. Ah the good old days of only having to worry about being vaporized in a sudden blinding white flash . . . . smile_o.gif

and taking care of your big over-hyped hair style wink_o.gif

seriously, this reminds me of that Simpson's scene:

Kent Brockman: A man wakes up from 30 years of comma.

Patient: Does Sonny and Cher still have that stupid show?

Kent: No, but one became a congressman, and the other won an oscar.

Patient: good god!

patient faints and heartbeat stops

i'm being an asshole here, but this could be something for psychiatrists to get their hands on. they should do some observation of how minds start cooperating after such a drastic change in time frame.

They were talking about this on the radio station I listen to at work today. They asked people to call in with what they think would be the most important thing he needs to know that has happened since he went into a coma.

The first thing that came into my mind was that goddamn mobile phones have taken over the world, and every **** on earth seems to need one to survive (the bitter experience of a person who has worked in the industry, he he).

Either that, or David Lee Roth split from Van Halen...

internet, GW1 & 2, 9-11, Bush jr && sr, fall of Berlin wall and cold war's end. hip-hop and rap, better cars and better dresses, all the movies he missed, all the celebs, all the change in laws, rules,

and the list goes on and on.

I know what'd be the most important thing I could think of, a really good computer game called Operation Flashpoint came out. biggrin_o.gif

I know what'd be the most important thing I could think of, a really good computer game called Operation Flashpoint came out. biggrin_o.gif

LOL, when he slipped into his coma, we were still playing games like "Zaxxon" and "Frogger" on our Ataris and Coleco Visions! wow_o.gif

'course not...

Wonder what's gonna happen when someone shows him what todays video games are like? And he must see The Matrix and.. and.. a billion other things. Are they just gonna show him everything at once or little by little so his head doesn't blow up?

Well it must be great for his family, they had settled in to the idea of their son, husband and father as dead for all intents and purposes. Now his daughter atleast will know him. smile_o.gif BTW if you had to chose one news event in those 19 years which you feel was most important and you actually consciously lived through (as in not an infant when it happened), what would it be? Me the falling of the berlin wall and the collaps of communisme.

Quote[/b] ]Wonder what's gonna happen when someone shows him what todays video games are like? And he must see The Matrix and.. and.. a billion other things. Are they just gonna show him everything at once or little by little so his head doesn't blow up?

Heh, they should show him it before mentioning the improvements in graphics.

'course not...

heh , i'm not a doctor , was just asking tounge_o.gif

Wonder what's gonna happen when someone shows him what todays video games are like? And he must see The Matrix and.. and.. a billion other things. Are they just gonna show him everything at once or little by little so his head doesn't blow up?

While not the greatest film in the world, imagine what he would think if he saw that Final Fantasy movie?