Sign in to follow this  
skinmez

Messerschmitt bf-109

Hi all

I started this just to get some practice and it starting to look like it should. Please ignore the textures, they are just something i threw together so i can see the progress better.

I have started to do all the lods and and put the right names to all the parts of the plane.

A question: I have never done any lods before so.... Do i need to name the lods with some specific names or what?  And how many faces should there be in the last lod?  The models first lod have somewhere around 3000 faces.

Messerschmitt bf-109

I am sorry I cant help you much on your questions but if those are just throw together textures then I really look forward to the final version, they look great as they are.

From what I have gather sof ar, the vision basd lods (as in what you see) are all numbered, with higher the number being seen from a further distance.

While in O2 right click on the a 'lod' look at properties, and you will see all the lods allowed... For further info there is quite a bit amongst the various forums, including the one here

Hi all

I started this just to get some practice and it starting to look like it should. Please ignore the textures, they are just something i threw together so i can see the progress better.

I have started to do all the lods and and put the right names to all the parts of the plane.

A question: I have never done any lods before so.... Do i need to name the lods with some specific names or what?  And how many faces should there be in the last lod?  The models first lod have somewhere around 3000 faces.

etc etc...

The last LOD is up to you. Maybe 150-700 polys if you have a shitload of LOD's, probably 1000-1500 if you only have 2 or 3...

PS: Picture over 100kb, better link it before the mod's sick fluffy bunny or some similar character on you

HMm it looks great! even if that isn´t the final texture it looks awsome!

Wow! wow_o.gif

I can't see anything wrong with those textures m8 smile_o.gif

If those are just something you "threw together" then we got a mighty fine looking Emil on its way to our HDs smile_o.gif

"Please ignore the textures"? Those textures are top-notch! Exactly what version of 109 is this? G-2? Freidrich?

At this rate, we'll have WW2 dogfights in no time!

Hi all

]http://skinmez.150m.com/images/me-109_3.JPG[/img]

etc etc...

The last LOD is up to you. Maybe 150-700 polys if you have a shitload of LOD's, probably 1000-1500 if you only have 2 or 3...

PS: Picture over 100kb, better link it before the mod's sick fluffy bunny or some similar character on you

Last LOD should be under 300 so he can have a shadow.

yeah when all these nice WWII planes are finished there should be a AceOverEurope Campaign biggrin_o.gif

Man i think i´ll buy me a Joystick wink_o.gif

Looks like a resonable G-2 or G-4.... apart from the guns IN the wings. Either remove them or have them in gunpods UNDER the wings. smile_o.gif

Looking good, the textures are great smile_o.gif i'd stick with them

yeah when all these nice WWII planes are finished there should be a AceOverEurope Campaign biggrin_o.gif

Man i think i´ll buy me a Joystick  wink_o.gif

Ahhhh....The "Aces" series...so many hours,days,weeks of fun smile_o.gif

That looks a lot like the Messerschmitt BF-109 out of Il2 Strumivok or Il2 Strumivok Forgotten Battles. But i am not accuseing you of anything skinmez.

Man i think i´ll buy me a Joystick  wink_o.gif

Ahhhh....The "Aces" series...so many hours,days,weeks of fun  smile_o.gif

more like months ;)

Looks like a resonable G-2 or G-4.... apart from the guns IN the wings. Either remove them or have them in gunpods UNDER the wings. smile_o.gif

It's supposed to be a BF-109G but i couldn't find any good blueprint or pictures of the gunpods so i placed the cannons on the wings till i find some pictures...

The BF-109G Stats

___

Type: Single-seat fighter and fighter-bomber

-Dimensions-

Span: 32' 6.5"

Length: 28' 8"

Height: 8' 6"

Weight empty: 5,900 lbs.

Engine: Daimler-Benz DB 605A-1 1,475 hp 12 cylinder inverted vee, liquid cooled.

Armanent: Two 13 mm machine guns, one hub-firing 20 mm cannon and, two 20mm cannon in underwing pods.

-Performance-

Maximum speed: 387 mph

Range: 425 miles

Service ceiling: Approximately 38,500

That looks a lot like the Messerschmitt BF-109 out of Il2 Strumivok or Il2 Strumivok Forgotten Battles. But i am not accuseing you of anything skinmez.

Naa i take it as a compliment. I haven't played Il2 sturmovik so i can't judge it apperance...

Heya Skinmez...you still on WW2EC team? If so I already had arranged to help or finish the P40..just curious of your current plans and what needs to be done.You wann team up on these planes? I have some others too of course

Heya Skinmez...you still on WW2EC team? If so I already had arranged to help or finish the P40..just curious of your current plans and what needs to be done.You wann team up on these planes? I have some others too of course

Hi Bratty

Yeah i'm still with the team. I just sent you a mail about some LOD stuff.

I'm currently working on this bf-109 and a Spitfire MK IX (which i'm not gonna show till i threw some textures on it) to give the Messerschmitt a match.

It would be great to team up. Since i already was gonna ask you later to help me with animations and config stuff.

hehe I'll ask again as I saw it earlier in the post,

And when can we expect the beta?

Looks great so far, hope you can fix everything up and get it to work as well as it looks.

109-E3 had cannon in wings, and the paint scheme's right for an E.

And if those are "thrown together textures" I gotta improve my aim. smile_o.gif

X-mas is comming near biggrin_o.gif

The winggun pods were optional. You can remove them and then you have the common basic version of the fighter.

If you aim for a G-5/6/14 (13 mm mg's) you need to make bulges over the mg's just infront of the cockpit. (can't see if there are any in the screens)

If you want some high quality blueprints of the kind used for making the IL-2/FB 3d models, just send me a private messege with your e-mail address.

Is it getting near completion?