Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Konyak you need some files from the ECP mod to make it work too its a big mess at te moment i cant figure out how to make GMR work myself too much mix up..... sad_o.gif

you guys just need to find out what you did wrong use the right configs with the right GMO umm thats it what so mixed up about that?

i think the smoke in the crater is a bit to withe. a little bit darker like burning gras or somethink like that.

Konyak-2: The filesize of version 1.48 is 3.5MB

!!? Yes it is rock.gif

How does that answer my question?

I tried this version, put the blood pbo into the GMR_exploMOD/Addons folder, and it says the blood addon is missing when I start the test mission. I'd always just had the blood pbo in the OFP/Addons default folder and it worked fine like that.. Is the readme accurate?

Anyway, I don't like the bullet whizz sounds that ECP did, it was much better in the standard DR pack, so I'm going back to 1.47 unless I'm missing some new effect by doing so.

Scorched earth effect is looking great though.. hope it becomes available without the ECP stuff being welded into it.

Thanks,

Konyak

Folder called \GMR\ECP_Effects, and file called: ECP_Settings.sqs in GMR.PBO!

Installation v1.48 not differs from previous versions, unless you want to use dynamicrange support.

In case you need ECP version of DYnamicrange.pbo, plus ECP_DR_extrasound.pbo (this came from ECPbeta1.02.zip)

GMR mod + Dynamicrange soundpack

--------------------------------

copy config.bin (from DR(ECPversion)_to_v1.xx.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/bin folder

copy GMR.pbo (fom GMR_exploMODv1.xx.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy Dynamicrange.pbo to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder (from ECP team)

copy ECP_DR_extra_sound.pbo to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder (from ECP team)

-> start with "-mod=GMR_exploMOD"

no that color is good the ground is not on fire it just really hot and steamy from the vapor and heat i notice that bis kinda put a satic repasentaion of it in the crater

Folder called \GMR\ECP_Effects, and file called: ECP_Settings.sqs in GMR.PBO!

konyak what nobody tells you is you need a tool called unpbo (available from OFPEC )to decomipile them then you can edit the effects

Here the test mission

This way much better now! biggrin_o.gif Thanks! I like effects but scorched earth under tanks drops my fps if longsmoke and debrises are running also sad_o.gif White,grey crater smoke is proper I think, green raw grass burns with white smoke. I remember from my childhood when I was burned out fields. biggrin_o.gif

Thank you Mr_Dna. I've been going through the zip file, downloaded it again, and that file wasn't there smile_o.gif Glad it's sorted out.

Thanks,

The GMR+ECP config is messed up a little bit.

The laws dont arch and sometimes in multiplayer w/ respawning vehicles.(I am using the flame config) I get this huge error accross the top of my screen(the only parts I can see is something about wind) and the computer freezes for about 2 seconds while going through that script.

Goldmember...

Will there ever be a script allowing the user to activate and deactivate the effects you implented in your addon, so the user can decide himself which effects he'd like to have and which not?

Goldmember...

Will there ever be a script allowing the user to activate and deactivate the effects you implented in your addon, so the user can decide himself which effects he'd like to have and which not?

Good idea. Maybe this way GM wouldn't have create so many different versions of his mod (flamer, DR, Inq, blood etc) every time he releases a new one - it could all be controlled by one settings file much like in the ECP. rock.gif

Goldmember...

Good idea. Maybe this way GM wouldn't have create so many different versions of his mod (flamer, DR, Inq, blood etc) every time he releases a new one - it could all be controlled by one settings file much like in the ECP. rock.gif

Are you drunk both of you? biggrin_o.gif

There is EXP_INIT.SQS file where every effects can be tun on/off.

Other effects - smoker,middle,flamer version or messy battefiled, or INQ weaponpack or DR sound - can not be controlled by one settings file because all of them requries different CONFIG.BIN!!!

(Nobody can controlled this by one settings file , even ECP smile_o.gif )

LOL biggrin_o.gif

Had a feeling that was the case even whilst I was writing it.

hey this is off topic but funny i have a few of these i have found too but i will share 1 at a time some people at bis are funny! look just for kicks go to the island of Nogova then go to the town of petrovice the major city their are to really tall buildings side by side place a soldier on top of one, open up the door at the top and read what it says i will not spoil it for ya you have to make it out LOL less see who is the first to see what it says biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  post your reaction but dont spoil it for everyone else!!! biggrin_o.gif

has anyone did this yet?

But ECP has different settings you can set with a config, for example different dust scripts and so on.

hanges to version 1.40

-----------------------

- added small sparks to secondary ammoexplosion

- sometimes secondary ammoexplosion set vehicle on fire

changes to version 1.41

-----------------------

- added Longsmoke effect

- every key value now changeable in exp_init.sqs file

- "rearm" bug fixed

changes to version 1.42

-----------------------

- dustwave effect

- dead body effect

(soldiers fall out of vehicles - car, truck and air vehicle class only - during explosion, and they smoke and burn)

- burning debris give off light in dark

changes to version 1.43

-----------------------

- destroyed house effect

- supplytruck and scud bug fixed

- burning sound is fading out now at the end

- smalleffectrange value to reduce CPU usage

- one new fuelexplosion sound

- small adjusting on effects to become nicer

changes to version 1.44

-----------------------

- tank maingun dust effect

- smoky burningfires

changes to version 1.45

-----------------------

- tank maingun dust effect for BMPs (and Sigma-6 Tankpack)

- helicopter downwash effect

- improved airvehicle crash (land and water)

- more fireworks on secondary ammoexplosion

changes to version 1.46

-----------------------

- smokes on falling aircraft and randomized tailrotor failure for helicopters

- improved helicopter downwash and tankgun dust effect: different color and size to different island types

(see exp_init.sqs)

- rewrote flysmoke effect

- reduced rocket/missile speed, new flying sound added

- initial version of missilelaunch smokes for BMP/APC's

- problem - that values in exp_init.sqs only activated when a vehicle destroyed - fixed

- messy battlefield version included

changes to version 1.47

-----------------------

- ECP bullet/shell whiz effects added (everyting is built into, no need ECP files to run,

to modify whiz settings see \GMR\ECP_Effects\ECP_Settings.sqs)

- all sound files converted to wss format

- helidust and tankgundust error message fixed

- GMR prefix added to valuenames

- some changes in secondary ammoexplosion, and flying smoke effect

These new (and old) effects can be turn on/off in exp_init.sqs file.

this is why it is impartant to read the readme file it in the read me files aready wink_o.gif

hey this is off topic but funny i have a few of these i have found too but i will share 1 at a time some people at bis are funny! look just for kicks go to the island of Nogova then go to the town of petrovice the major city their are to really tall buildings side by side place a soldier on top of one, open up the door at the top and read what it says i will not spoil it for ya you have to make it out LOL less see who is the first to see what it says biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  post your reaction but dont spoil it for everyone else!!! biggrin_o.gif

has anyone did this yet?

who doesnt love that? biggrin_o.gif

sorry i forgot i did do it last night. but i got too caught up in blowin shit up i forgot to post

Hey goldmember! I foudn seriuos issue in smoking crater. Demomission worked fine, but I made a big tankbattle to see effects. Whenever I run misson allways got CTD withim a minute. sad_o.gif Can you please check this out? I could send you misson too if need it.

I was playing an early mission in the red hammer campaign, and after shooting down a chinook with an AT4, the chinook crashed into the ground and disappeared. Maybe this is a problem related to the GMR mod?

yeah thats right that the ground is very hot and steam is there.

but i think a little more burning gras is not bad. because of the explosion i could be that the gras or some wood in the ground burn or only smoke.

open up the door at the top and read what it says

maybe they are own a lot of cats tounge_o.gif

thie led me to another little discovery of jumping roof to roof  smile_o.gif

(on topic)

getting a lot of weird helicopter bugs lately mostly with BAS choppers blowing up when ejecting/landing,dunno if it gmr related.another one is blackhawks spitting out fire and an explosion when fastroping killing occupants but not damaging chopper.

open up the door at the top and read what it says

maybe they are own a lot of cats tounge_o.gif

thie led me to another little discovery of jumping roof to roof  smile_o.gif

(on topic)

getting a lot of weird helicopter bugs lately mostly with BAS choppers blowing up when ejecting/landing,dunno if it gmr related.another one is blackhawks spitting out fire and an explosion when fastroping killing occupants but not damaging chopper.

yea i had this problem a few times too. then when i tired to reenact it for a screenshot.. ntohin happend.. i tried literaly 357 times and it never did it once. but when im playin and i dont think to take a screenie.. BAM it happens

hey goldmember so what up with the latest effects are we having problems with the project crazy_o.gif I hope not can you give up an update?

be patient .. give goldmember a rest, he deserves a little break from coding explosions for ofp wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif

be patient .. give goldmember a rest, he deserves a little break from coding explosions for ofp  wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif

WHAT?? How dare you speak for all of us! Get back to work this second GM! *crack* crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif