Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Or you could paste your post into outlook and press F7, that's what I do wink_o.gif

Or you could paste your post into outlook and press F7, that's what I do  wink_o.gif

Ok..(looks for outlook on this crappy computer... crazy_o.gif )

Ok..(looks for outlook on this crappy computer... crazy_o.gif )

CTRL+ALT+O opens it for me, but then I have keyboard shortcuts for most of the apps I use each day wink_o.gif

hm, damn he's right  rock.gif

That's quite strange.

edit;

ah, it's the fault of the forum. It's engine says;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{

if user=Mr Burns

than ["eat post", random, 0.3]

}

wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{

?user=Mr Burns:["eat post", random 0.3]

}

That's more like it biggrin_o.gif

Topic rebuilt and working now. For some odd reason page 47 which your post was on was'nt showing up.

Works now. Oh and thank you, Burns. I'll keep in mind in the future we'll feed the forum with some of your postcounts if it become hungry again. Thank you smile_o.gif

...so who's getting into the holiday spirit with themed avatars? So far I've noticed myself and Mr. Burns... xmas_o.gif

speedy donkey has also switched to xmas outfit  xmas_o.gif

edit: lol, did we use the same hat ? tounge_o.gif

the forum´s been hungry again ...  crazy_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Mr Burns is setting up defence positions around postcount</center></span>

ah, finally done. Too bad the result is pretty bad. I will try to get a better picture later this week.

View my profile or click the link in my sig xmas_o.gif

the forum´s been hungry again ...  crazy_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Mr Burns is setting up defence positions around postcount</center></span>

hehehe biggrin_o.gif

Dont' worry, Mr Burns

You're safe (for now)

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Date : 12-09-04

Subject : Topic Expansion

Request # 31-41.59

I wish to request that the Real Life Photography/Photo Editing thread be expanded to include purely Photoshop images.  I request this under the ground that feedback from this extremely diverse forum brings in many more diverse ideas to better view, reflect on, and comment about  images created digitally.  Also, from a personal basis, feedback here would be weighed more heavily and more respected due to the acquaintanceship among active board members, as opposed to relying on purely out-of-forum groups from people you do not know.  At this time, I do not feel that an entirely new thread would have the backing of enough Photoshop editors on the boards to sustain itself.

I will await action or recommendation from moderators on this issue.  Amend the thread, create a new one, stick to Photoshop-based forums, or some other course of action?  Thank you for your time.

smile_o.gif

Define a purely photoshopped image?

No original RL photo, edited or not. (?)

I don't know if this is really appropriate for this thread. However it's sort of a hypothetical question on policy.

I've dared venture into game oriented bulletin boards only a few times, The farcry community message board, planet halflife's, planet AVP's. (Both forumplanet boards. Blegh).

Anyhow. I was just wondering, on a more personal level, if say OFP 2 became really successful and drew in a larger fan base than the typical OFP fan. Would the mods be more inclined to deal harshly with the average bulletin board poster on say those -other- gaming boards (most of which I find are less mature and more inclined towards spam than the average OFP board poster).

Even if you in practice didn't deal with them harshly, would your concerns about spam and trolling and whatnot be more directed towards the influx of newer bulletin board members?

Like iNeo said, something made in photoshop without parts of an original image.  This leaves a broad and open field, things made in photoshop can be created to resemble real things or pictures, or have a more digital appearance.

A guru of photoshop made this very great image, purely in photoshop:

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/gallery/guitar.htm

Whereas other things that are made simply for an intrest to look at.  I.E. this image I created that now serves as a desktop background.  It's sort of left to the viewer to interpret, and the people I have show nit to have come to their own conclusions of what it reminds them of.

So basically, anything made in photoshop that doesn't contain an actual image within.

Anyhow. I was just wondering, on a more personal level, if say OFP 2 became really successful and drew in a larger fan base than the typical OFP fan. Would the mods be more inclined to deal harshly with the average bulletin board poster on say those -other- gaming boards (most of which I find are less mature and more inclined towards spam than the average OFP board poster).

Even if you in practice didn't deal with them harshly, would your concerns about spam and trolling and whatnot be more directed towards the influx of newer bulletin board members?

Well I can't see a future where the rules would change so any new forum members face a situation familar to everyone else at one time or another, adjust to the rules of this forum or find a more suitable forum. Of course we would like every single Opf fan to feel they can create a "home" here but sometimes that just doesn't work out smile_o.gif

Edit:

Like iNeo said, something made in photoshop without parts of an original image.

Hmmm well how bout we say they're allowed for now and we'll make a final decision at a later date smile_o.gif

BB decided he would prefer to be somewhere else smile_o.gif