Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

Quite, I think a lot of people think if your not leading your troops into battle, your a coward!

See, Bush does it, and he's the bravest man on earth!

Quote[/b] ]When I look back this whole forum, and the only aguments are the interepretation of the evidence. All the facts are pretty accuarate it's just what we make of them.

There is evidence?

some rock.gif

What evidence is this some evidence? I don't remember any actually. And I think I've been here for the duration of both threads.

What evidence is this some evidence?  I don't remember any actually.  And I think I've been here for the duration of both threads.

there are links to webpages citing proof

Nope, there was no link to proof that I remember. If you would like to reveal this proof to us please post the page number or link. smile_o.gif

Does any one else remember this proof? I seem to have a bad memory or something.

To kick the coalition out of iraqi? Do you understand the resistance wants the old governent back! The coalition is trying to prevent that because when saddam was in power he killed his own people and limited their religon. Even in 1998 Saddam suspected of his crimes. Saddam stockpiled chemical weapons for a long time and the us even has to take them away. Do you think it's fair to let the old government come back? For iraqis to kill each other with nerve gas? For religons celebrations not to take place? Do you think it is fair to let the iraqi people suffer from tyrants like saddam?

One of my postes with evidence (clk the links)

Theres your reason to go to war? Some small VX stockpile which got destroyed 4 years ago?

Just looked at the weapons link, and, oops, no weapons evidence there.  Just Chemical agent, being destroyed.

chem agents cleanup

well looks like lateron they change there mind

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9908/18/hussein.indictment/index.html

Hi HOBOMAN

Er that is about the use of chemical weapons against Kurds in 1988.

Er the rest of the world new about it then as a (BBC) [edit] error here see my next post [/edit] reporter covered it at the time.

The present US Vice President Sold Sadam the Chemicals and Chemical plant to make it.

Members of the present US administration shook his hand after he did it.

Kind Regards Walker

The americans should be happy that it was France who supplied the illegal weapons. Probably that is the only reason why so few americans got killed, none of those PRODUIT EN FRANCE turned out to be working.

I mean how are workers supposed to build complicated weapons if they are allowed to drink WINE in the lunch break. Before the break maybe but after... I wouldnt like to be pilot in the new eurofighter if I knew the wings and the jet-turbine were made in France  ...  

and probably installed after the lunch break!  biggrin_o.gif

I thought this was all in fun and jest when this was posted here a few days ago. Not any more:

How Not to Build An Aircraft Carrier. crazy_o.gif

Excerpt:

Quote[/b] ]The new French nuclear carrier "Charles de Gaulle" has suffered from a seemingly endless string of problems since it was first conceived in 1986. The 40,000 ton ship has cost over four billion dollars so far and is slower than the diesel powered carrier it replaced. Flaws in the "de Gaulle" have led it to using the propellers from it predecessor, the "Foch," because the ones built for "de Gaulle" never worked right and the propeller manufacturer went out of business in 1999. Worse, the nuclear reactor installation was done poorly, exposing the engine crew to five times the allowable annual dose of radiation. There were also problems with the design of the deck, making it impossible to operate the E-2 radar aircraft that are essential to defending the ship and controlling offensive operations. Many other key components of the ship did not work correctly, including several key electronic systems. The carrier has been under constant repair and modification. The "de Gaulle" took eleven years to build (1988-99) and was not ready for service until late 2000. It's been downhill ever since.

Er the rest of the world new about it then as a BBC reporter covered it at the time.

The present US Vice President Sold Sadam the Chemicals and Chemical plant to make it.

Mebers of the present US administration shook his hand after he did it.

Kind Regards Walker

ZING! tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Citing national security reasons, U.S. Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz has ruled that prime contracts to rebuild Iraq will exclude firms from nations such as France and Germany that opposed the U.S. war.

Reuters

now this sucks big time.I think that all the countrys, and UN donating money to Iraq (or should I say US) should whitdrawl the money given to rebuild Iraq. If us wants to make bussiness out of this, let them.

Hi all

I said it was BBC reporter earlier who found out about Halabjah and Dick Cheyney US Vice president's roll in it; I got that wrong it was an ITV (2nd major UK TV Channel) reporter Terry Loyd.

The same one who was killed when he entered Iraq in GW2. The US government keeps being asked about its roll in his death but Collin Powell has so far not answered the letters or personal questions at news conferences from the wife of a second reporter also missing presumed killed in the same incedent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/2975045.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/2877711.stm

The story being leaked out so Collin Powell wont be embarassed by aswering the questions put by the wife of the reporter is that the US soldiers shot up the press car behind their own front lines because there may have been another car on the same road with Iraqi soldiers trying to surrender. rock.gif

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Citing national security reasons, U.S. Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz has ruled that prime contracts to rebuild Iraq will exclude firms from nations such as France and Germany that opposed the U.S. war.

Reuters

You forgot Canada.

Quote[/b] ]The ruling bars companies from U.S. allies such as France, Germany and Canada from bidding on those contracts — worth $18.6 billion — because their governments opposed the American-led war that ousted Saddam Hussein's regime.

Glad to see its about the welfare of the Iraqis, and not money...

Are you implying that

1. it cannot be both for the Iraqi's welfare and for the money,

or

2. it can't be for the Iraqi's welfare if certain countries are excluded

or

3. no matter who does these projects, it's not for the Iraqi's welfare?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt canada just refuse to participate rather than oppose actively the war? rock.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt canada just refuse to participate rather than oppose actively the war? rock.gif

Might be so but according to the AP new article:

Quote[/b] ]The directive from Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, dated Friday and posted on a Pentagon web site Tuesday, limits bidders to firms from the United States, Iraq, their coalition partners and other countries which have sent troops to Iraq. It says restricting contract bids "is necessary for the protection of the essential security interests of the United States."

Reuters

You forgot Canada.

Quote[/b] ]The ruling bars companies from U.S. allies such as France, Germany and Canada from bidding on those contracts — worth $18.6 billion — because their governments opposed the American-led war that ousted Saddam Hussein's regime.

This is good IMO, at least the materialistic types from Canada won't be going there and coming back in body bags. smile_o.gif

Anywho, http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031210_866.html

an Iraq war crimes tribunal crazy_o.gif set up by the opposing side in the conflict, I can really smell the justice now.... something like burning flesh. What ever happened to neutral parties running a war crimes tribunal? Hmm I guess that's right, not many would be punished for the war crimes that don't exists, as opposed to now.

EDIT: Anyone who is not getting sick yet by seeing what the US is pulling off around the world, I don't know what kind of reasoning can keep you from doing so...

an Iraq war crimes tribunal  crazy_o.gif  set up by the opposing side in the conflict, I can really smell the justice now.... something like burning flesh.  What ever happened to neutral parties running a war crimes tribunal?

Why shouldn't Iraq be able to try its own former dictatorial regime members and others who commited crimes against Iraqis?

Quote[/b] ]Hmm I guess that's right, not many would be punished for the war crimes that don't exists, as opposed to now.

War crimes that don't exist?

YES war crimes that don't exist, they will be tried for those, I can guarantee it.

an Iraq war crimes tribunal crazy_o.gif set up by the opposing side in the conflict, I can really smell the justice now.... something like burning flesh. What ever happened to neutral parties running a war crimes tribunal?

Why shouldn't Iraq be able to try its own former dictatorial regime members and others who commited crimes against Iraqis?

Why, because a neutral party should look at the facts (wait facts don't matter do they) and decide. Because they will be doing this with vengeance, as opposed to a neutral party. You know, I would think you would know a little more about justice, rather than revenge.