Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Vbs newsrelease

Ok heres a very controversial question ... biggrin_o.gif

HAVE the RUSSIAN Army purchased VBS1 and if not and if they ever will what would be their opinion on it when the open the mission editor to see themselves on the OFPOR side tounge_o.gif

Soon u will see US (side1) guys figting over CHINA (side3) againt Russian (side 2) throught VBS-2 smile_o.gif lol

I dont know if the russian army would be interested in something like VBS1.It wouldnt fit there profile.

Yeah,It must be there server.Because its slow as it can get.Ive tried to get some of the videos and they wasnt there.But its worth checking out if you can get there.

I got the 1st to videos to load, but none of the others. And it did take an ungodly amount of time to load. The videos are cool, but its almost exactly like OFP:R.

With a trained and dedicated staff to create scenarios and the appropriate addons, OFP could be used just as easily as a trainer. It's all about the money. VBS costs big bucks and has nominal improvments over OFP, therefore it must be better value than OFP for training purposes.

Paying $10 for a military trainer (OFP:GOTY) just wouln't be right for the country (the U.S.) that spends $10,000 for items like toliet seats.

spending $10.000 on a toilet seat and it still is crap crazy_o.gif VBS was only created for training purposes, how ever I dont see how a game can make a soldier, pilot, tank crewmember etc etc... any better.

spending $10.000 on a toilet seat and it still is crap crazy_o.gif VBS was only created for training purposes, how ever I dont see how a game can make a soldier, pilot, tank crewmember etc etc... any better.

It can, a lot better too. It can teach teamwork but especially command. Obviously OFP/VBS will not teach you the physical aspects like marksmanship, but if you are an officer or higher up it can be a great simulation. It can have many uses inbetween CQB and tactical combat.

If you are thinking of capture the flag or deathmatch type of gaming you are right, it deosn't add anything other than reflexes (which can be deadly to both sides ;) ).

EDIT: I guess CQB can also be taught, that is if the buildings have proper collision lods which don't make you walk through walls or have otherwise problematic experiences... I see a problem with having no peek around corner, or climb into window etc. but not sure if VBS has that solved.

We had this discussion already (maybe even in this thread); another advantage of VBS1 is the possibility of in-depth debriefings for all participants by a detailed record of the mission.

yes exaclty, command decisions are later reviewed and discussed. I am not sure how much VBS adds to the debriefings, but even a simple seagull mode control is good. biggrin_o.gif

Maybe the US amry has pawned off Kegetys spectating script tounge_o.gif *sue 'em i say*

BTW are OFP addons compatible with VBS?

IF so is it legal for VBS owners to enjoy OFP addons since 'we' made them not BIS and they havent got OFP in the first place to get the right by default to play with them?

Maybe the US amry has pawned off Kegetys spectating script  tounge_o.gif  *sue 'em i say*

BTW are OFP addons compatible with VBS?

IF so is it legal for VBS owners to enjoy OFP addons since 'we' made them not BIS and they havent got OFP in the first place to get the right by default to play with them?

Maybe you didnt know but some of the units or addons as you may call them probly came from VBS1.So I wouldnt be acting like you would be pissed if they were using OFP addons.This is starting to sound like one of those © bullshit post,So I will just let this one hang out to dry.

Just a curious enquiry dude ... no copyright bull from me i'll vouch for that biggrin_o.gif

I hate those arguments.

You two are opening a can of worms, just a warning. smile_o.gif Best just look at your questions/concerns and look up copyright laws etc. Or we need a new topic, which is for laying down and avoiding.

What do you think?

biggrin_o.gif I mean exactly what's in that sentence "You two are opening a can of worms, just a warning."

I think I'll stop thinking about VBS and wait for OFP2. It'll be much better biggrin_o.gif .

I think I'll stop thinking about VBS and wait for OFP2. It'll be much better biggrin_o.gif .

you do that.Some of us are just interested inVBS1,Im dont care how good it is,im just interested in it.