Sign in to follow this  
alx

Latest indirect news on ofp2

Not really worth the effort for them, wouldnt make as much money for them as releasing onto a console with a new game, i mean, who here would be happy with paying full price for a patch that fixes the clipping?

Heh I have X-BOX and will definately be getting OFP on it.

BIS have done plenty of patching for OFP1/Res.

As they said they have used some of OFP2 engine for XBOX, mainly from necessity, the XBOX has some memory restrictions and so terrain streaming would be required I think which is the technology that was touted for OFP2.

If they spent money on developement of an enginement that is almost good enough for a game by itself they may aswell make a new game totally and bring us all the good stuff we want.

You guys can be quite whiney bitches sometimes, you complain when there is no more patches but as I recall a lot complained when there IS patches. (Oh no not another patch, 13-f'ing-mb) rock.gif

Screenshots please.

I can wait till 2004, i'm quite happy just going along with OFP until then, we still have loads to discover in OFP1. Coop multiplayer is fantastic with addons, it certainly makes OFP more diverse, i can't wait for artillery to be integrated in to these missions and have large combined assaults. There are only a few of them around, i hope that this will become the norm for OFP2.

...first song of "blow up your video" from ac/dc biggrin_o.gif , and BIS said they would reveal atleast one screan around summer time i think rock.gif , i know it is still early but im a very curious person smile_o.gif .

Have a close look at my sig m8. biggrin_o.gif

I don't think we can expect ingame screenshots very soon. Maybe we'll get some work in progress model shots around august. wink_o.gif

You guys can be quite whiney bitches sometimes, you complain when there is no more patches but as I recall a lot complained when there IS patches. (Oh no not another patch, 13-f'ing-mb)  rock.gif

That was probably me. Seeing as how the patch(1.90)(And the one before it, 1.91) contained material from a previous patch(1.85), which really annoyed me since I already had this material and I didn't want to spend 1.5 hours on it. I believe that without that material, the patch would have been less than a megabyte or the download time(for me) of 2 minutes.

The Xbox version will suck. I am completely confident of this. Console controllers are not designed for shooters, especially very complex ones like OFP!

Real simple example is Splinter Cell. On Xbox I had to take 7-8 shots to take out a lightbulb. Same lightbulb on PC took one shot.

they play Xbox whit a game pad hmm select a target whit one butten commands for ai's ? rock.gif ?

no editor only missions play the campaing till ress crazy_o.gif

and then no more

PCweLOVEyou!!!    tounge_o.gif

the game will have editor. If they will incorporate split screen then, u'll see a VERY new community starting

Actually, more like xbox users will be testing OFP's new engine prior to OFP2's existance.

Lucky them huh? I would like to hear how good the xbox version is from a xbox owner, its going to be painfull to play opf for another year and a half knowing that a superior version of it is available for console users, and i aint buying a console just to play a better opf, thats for sure crazy_o.gif .

that's what you make LOTS of friends

Wonder if bis could release those billbox black op models and new soldiers on PC?

Yeah, how about trickling down some of those XBox advances for the PC while we're waiting for OFP2? smile_o.gif Like in June 2004 or so?

Some big silly goose will probably be able to rip the addons from the X-Box version anyway... ;)

From the same source (i.e. Codemasters Command Center October 2003)

OPERATION FLASHPOINT - LATEST NEWS Flashpoint Xbox did the rounds this month and I had the opportunity to have a good bash on the latest code. The game has certainly improved from the E3 code and has a much better control system that suits my inverted ways. I started to get flashbacks of the original PC game, as I progressed through the levels, which in my opinion are looking a lot better than the two- year-old PC game. Throughout my wanderings I also took some screenshots that will be available for download at

the end of the month from here:

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/displayfiles.php

Alx