Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

MiG-29

Well, I agree that 150 rounds is not enough for flashpoint, however, its also nice to have a certain degree of realism ingame- 2000 is too much. Maybe about 500-600 would be best?

Crippler smile_o.gif

I wonder, why the inoff. planes for east have often only one configuration?! the tornado for example has at least 5.

I don't see why he didn't use the AAE installer....

I don't think that many people know about it.

Good addon smile_o.gif Flies well.. Nice scripts..

I DO have some issues..

I looked in the PBO (Nasty habit of mine wink_o.gif )

And I've noticed this:

-He left the model unbinarized (thus making the P3d/Pbo larger)

-The model has only 1 resolution lod...

-Textures dont fit everywhere (nose as an example)

-He used a combination of a couple of plane textures (including small parts with JPG texs).. I wonder why he didnt combine those into one 1024x1024 texture smile_o.gif

But besides these points its a great addition to the OFP airforce smile_o.gif Nice job

I don't see why he didn't use the AAE installer....

I don't think that many people know about it.

its got a bug...it will only allow 1 addon to be installed using it...I dont know if they have fixed this or not sad_o.gif

This is very nice, i love the textures but they could be better. (especially in the cockpit) But this is a great aircraft, i hope you improve some parts of it (add missiles to the wings) fix that gear bug and so on. But this is a quality aircraft, very nice VIT!

Yeah on the Mig-29, the gun is tied into to its radar and targetting systems so that it fires at the precise moment the target is cued up properly by the pilot with his HUD showing him the point of bullet impact in relation to the targeted aircraft.  Most modern fighter aircraft have similar systems.  However 150 round sucks for ground attack.  sad_o.gif  

I hope the 2000 rounds stays because OFP has no such targetting system and 150 rounds won't last you very long with any full-auto weapon.  Remember that sometimes playability must take precedence over realism in a game.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Actually there is one way to make the gun work like you described, and that's with the use of an AI gunner. All you have to do, is lock on the target and issue a fire command to the gunner. The gunner will fire only when he can hit. Imho 2000 rounds is still way too much. Besides, you can make the most of the 150 rounds, when using that 10-round burst mode! (15 shots) smile_o.gif If nobody is going to make a realistic version of it, then i guess I will.

Really Cool looking ...but for some reason the Missiles dont show up here.

And the Infrareddome thingy is missing, you only see it inside the cockpit.

Really injoy the Burner!!

It -is- a good addon. Fun to fly. Vit's abilities are improving. I hate that installer... Bah! I don't know why people have such an aversion to keeping things simple. Zip/rar all the way!

What the hell ofpbase guys? It still has the installer. Repackage that puppy and slap it in a good 'ol zip file if you have Vit's permission. We need some good old flashpoint "resistance" to this oppressive installer regime!

Has anyone else noticed this bug?

Whenever the Mig 29 tries to take off, it uses its afterburner (which is by itself a very cool effect) but it gets going too fast and explodes about 200 ft down the runway. I have only tried this on Nogova airport. rock.gif

Vit please fix because otherwise this is such a great addon!!!

I noticed something when I placed the MiG-29 on the hermes and shot the MiG with a maverick while the missles still in air the MiG starts up with no pilot and launchs it self.

There is one bug I've noticed at screen (have not dloaded it yet): Real MiG-29 has it's front part of cockpit window fixed, and only rear part raises while opening, while in VIT's one... whole cockpit window raises. That's a kind of serious realism bug...

ok now could he please re-release the F16's with all these features and a much better canopy.. and makeit have good flying skills.. so now we can put Russia's #1 jet against America's #1 fighting jet..

I think the design of the canopy is a rather trite detail compared to other things that could be fixed that actually have an impact on the game.