Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

MiG-29

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Vit released his nice Mig-29, good flight model and it got also several interesting features, I spotted so far:

-Afterburners

-Working flight instruments

-Alert Sounds (in english) and cockpit alert lights

-Animated cockpit canopy

-Animated folding wings

-Animated In-air refueling device

-Burning script when destroyed

Looks like vits best work!

vitmig293s.jpg

THanks for changing it to mig not m, also try pressing v.

Alright! A new mig29! The old one I had was not finished, but it worked good. I will go d/l it right away.

I added a mirror to Base, although the .exe file is inside a .zip file cuase the server wont take .exe files.

Anyway, this plane is what i've been waiting for, now i would like an older mig for Vitnam air battles. The Migs were better then the Phantoms cause of their small turning circles, and it was becuase of this that Top Gun was formed. There's a bit of information that'll be forgotten in a few minutes.

*dowloading* From the screens it looks awesome. But tell me what does it top? I hate those planes that go 2000 K/h.

With the AfterBurner at Low level it seems to have a 800kmph ( I think, might be mph - cant tell ... didnt OFP used to have the option to change between mph and kmph? I'm sure I remember it did ... ) limit... steady flight seems around the 450-500 range.

Took it right up ( all the way to 12,967 foot? metres? never knew stuff could fly that high in OFP ) and turned it down for an Afterburner enhanced nosedive. Only managed to reach 967 ( odd, same number again crazy_o.gif ) xph.

V.nice addon.

( What are the units in OFP measured in tho? speed, Height etc? )

*dowloading* From the screens it looks awesome. But tell me what does it top? I hate those planes that go 2000 K/h.

The highest it went was 800 the mid was 400. wink_o.gif

I thought all ofp measurements were metric rock.gif

Is the flight model any good, please god say he changed it from that F-16!! tounge_o.gif

Yup the flight model is MUCH better then his F-16. I only hope that he'll fix his F-16's. I really liked his F-16's except for their crappy flight models. At any rate, Vit is definitely improving. This one is a keeper for sure. I just put it up against some A4 Skyhawks and the Migs really kicked their arse using both missiles and guns very nicely. The only bug is that I can't seem to hear the gun. sad_o.gif Also I wish he made the gun with HE bullets so it can have at least a little bit of Air to ground capability. But overall it's a fun aircraft to fly and the Ai use it very nicely.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

it looks nice, and i hope more details will be improved in next version smile_o.gif

is the cockpit from flanker2? smile_o.gif

I like it without HE bullets. I hope he keeps that a mainstay. In any case, vit if you're reading this please release the SR-71. Start using decals that won't change or get blurry during the resolution change process.

I sorta think this is the best MiG-29 released.

I sorta think this is the only one released smile_o.gif

This is a HUGE improvement to his old version of the Mig-29... but I think i'll still be waiting for the one by deadsoldier!

In any case, vit if you're reading this please release the SR-71.

As in this one?

sr-71.jpg

or was it this one?

sr-71.jpg

If it is the latter then yes please release it Vit!!!

tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Is there anywhere you can get this addon without that fucking installer? *deletes addon*

I sorta think this is the best MiG-29 released.

I sorta think this is the only one released smile_o.gif

Congrats ,good addon....but:

it looks better than the old Mig29,but flies worse ( banks too much)

No missiles underwing?

by mistake i landed with my landing gear retracted...it landed perfectly and when i got out of plane it just hovered there like a starwars hovercar  tounge_o.gif

Love the afterburner ,climbed up to 13000 m(máx),then dived and when i reached 50 m height i was doing a 1150 kph low level flight over Malden....wow

BTW: There are more versions of Mig29

1 by SEADEMON Mig29 Fulcrum Beta

1 by Scorpio Mig29 Fulcrum 1.3

1 by Remo in that North Korea Pack

The nicest looking is this one by Vit ,but SEADEMON's one flies better in my opinion,it just wont brake when u land... mad_o.gif

Never tried the ones by Scorpio or Remo so dunno how those versions behave.

Great work Vit.

Can't remember how Seademons mig worked, but Scorpio's really lagged on my PC. Don't know if he released an improved version though.

Argh, that has got to be one of the worst installers ever, not only does it try to add a shortcut to your start menu to uninstall, it trys to add an uninstall exe to your addons folder, i hope noone else uses an exe like this for addons again....

Anyway, the MiG looks great, flies great, only thing i would like more is a ground attack version.

LOL. i've already 'plugged' the site tounge_o.gif

And you still use the instaleller, its only zipped cause of the server notaccepting .exe files.

Well... I guess this MiG-29 is the best available, but mainly because the others are even worse. Vit sure has improved tho, but I'm still waiting for Deadsoldiers's MiG-29, which I believe/hope will be top-notch (take your time with it DS!). One thing that bothered me is that the cannon had 2000 rounds (!!) as the real Gsh-30-1 only has 150 rounds (Mikoyan bureau says that it's more than enough!). The cannon is very accurate, and fires in 10-round bursts and has a cyclic rate of 1500 rpm (ever played Flanker 2? ;)), so I guess it's true!

Yeah on the Mig-29, the gun is tied into to its radar and targetting systems so that it fires at the precise moment the target is cued up properly by the pilot with his HUD showing him the point of bullet impact in relation to the targeted aircraft. Most modern fighter aircraft have similar systems.  However 150 round sucks for ground attack.  sad_o.gif  

I hope the 2000 rounds stays because OFP has no such targetting system and 150 rounds won't last you very long with any full-auto weapon. Remember that sometimes playability must take precedence over realism in a game.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>