Sign in to follow this  
302_Dragon

Usmc mod

Dragon Horde is supporting a new mod that is trying to get off the ground. The USMC Mod is currently recruiting to build it's Mod team up.

The purpose of the mod is to create the most realistic USMC vehicles and units as possible for the OFP community. We also have the creation of the Island of Oaho Hawaii in our project list. This Island is the home of the 3rd Marines, 1st Marine Air Wing, Peral Harbor Naval Base, Hickam Airforce Base, and Scofield Army base. As you can see this has a lot of potential for many good missions.

If you are have the skills and you would to be a part of this mod please email us at webmaster@dragon-horde.com. The Mod team currently have the following job slots open.

Modeler

Texture Editor

Island Maker

Scripter

Beta Testers

advertise.jpg

No offense, but Earl and Suchey are coming out with their MARPAT Marines pretty soon and they look really good. And BAS will have their Marine helos. Why reinvent the wheel?

Go for it, we need a mod though campaign, islands vehicles, air, and all the goodies a mod should have....not just addons.

Go for it, we need a mod though campaign, islands vehicles, air, and all the goodies a mod should have....not just addons.

Those are addons...

All we need is a campaign.

Apart from soon to be released BAS marine helicopters and Suchey and Earl infantry we won't have marine Aircraft i.e. the FA18 and AV8, we also won't have marine vehicles such as the LAV-25

Go for it! I am quite interested to see how this going to turn out. I've been to Oahu once, lets see if you guys can give me some flashbacks biggrin_o.gif

TopCover

Apart from soon to be released BAS marine helicopters and Suchey and Earl infantry we won't have marine Aircraft i.e. the FA18 and AV8, we also won't have marine vehicles such as the LAV-25

When the Sea Harrier and the GR3 Harrier for the Falklands mod are complete I will be returning to my partly finished Av8-B II.

Theres also nothing to say that BAS wont ever make marine ground vehicles.

But it would not be any time soon though in a time scale against these guys.

And a team thats only just started, is looking for every type of addon maker (modeller/texturer etc) and has 13 projects to do, is likely to be faster?

Eviscerator : BAS aren't the only addon making group out there...If they want to have a shot at making Marine addons well that can only be good...Better than just being satisfied with looking at the pictures of addons which are still in the making/drawing board.Are you afraid they end up looking better than yours? rock.gif

Eviscerator : BAS aren't the only addon making group out there...If they want to have a shot at making Marine addons well that can only be good...Better than just being satisfied with looking at the pictures of addons which are still in the making/drawing board.Are you afraid they end up looking better than yours? rock.gif

Heh, we arent actually making any, or have plans to make any, my point was on the 'time scale', these guys are taking on an awful lot at once, it would probably be better for them to start one project, finish it, and then as their team grows start on multiple projects.

i think this guy is a real marine helli pilot or a crew member

i think he is id his the same guy i read in the ch53 mod addons complete discussion

i think everytime bas and an unknown addon maker or makers are making the same addon... they seem to get discouraged due to every1s expectation that bas will make a better 1

all i have to say  to this new mod is go for it!!!!!!!

dont get discouraged the more range of units we have the better and i believe the more addons of the same kind getting created is good since all addon makers will strive for the best

Man can we please have a topic with out any Flame wars and if yuo want i can help you with things make a island ( its my job to make islands smile_o.gif ) so just say it and it will be done.

Well the purpose of this project is to try and bring many addon makers together so that all our peas are in one pod, so to speak...I don't want to redo anything...why re-invent the wheel was a good analogy. I have emailed Suchey to ask him if he would like to join this little venture I am trying to start. I was going to email Colonel Klink and ask him but I know he is very busy with BAS projects and the Falklands projects.

I just want to bring any addon maker who is building USMC addons under one roof. This way we can have quality addons within one Mod. Two heads are better then one ;)

It just seems there are all these USMC projects out there but they keep getting pushed back...maybe if there were a larger group of addon makers it would be easier to keep things rolling without someone getting burnt out doing everything.

Personelly I am suprised Colonel klink hasn't gone nuts with all the projects Ive seen on his plate with BAS and the Falklands...LOL.

Well yet again if you want to have a island for your group i like to be your Island maker then just say the word and done smile_o.gif

sorry evisceratort

was only replying to that one

didnt read the other posts wen u confirmed that u werent making any marine ground vechiles

i think this guy is a real marine helli pilot or a crew member

i think he is id his the same guy i read in the ch53 mod addons complete discussion

Ahem, he can read your posts so you could just ask him instead of referring to him in the 3rd person, m8 tounge_o.gif

LOL ... Yes I'm a Marine. I am a Segeant stationed at MCBH Kaneohe Bay Hawaii, on th eisland of Oahu. I work on the CH53D and I have worked on the CH53E and MH53E. I have also crewed on the CH53E and crewed twice on the CH53D. If you go to the CH53E tread in the Addons & Mods: Complete forum you can see a picture of the CH53D I was crewing during a training Op in the phillipines.

Now as far as needing members.... Waffendennis if you would like to take on the Oahu island you are more then welcome to join the Mod team. Eamil me at webmaster@dragon-horde.com with your (skill level, primarty email address, and first name)

I will add you to the Mod team and let you get started.

And a team thats only just started, is looking for every type of addon maker (modeller/texturer etc) and has 13 projects to do, is likely to be faster?

Well how many projects do you have to finish/ start before if wanted to do Marine Vehicles.