Sign in to follow this  
NAA_Us_Marine

Walking on moving vehicles...

Interesting subject guys, i think we should be able to move in some vehicals, on big transport vehicals like trucks but we also have to think about MP games and latency issues and game engine limitations... perhaps something like BAS MH47 helicopter wink_o.gif .

Soldiers should be sittin on tanks and be carried around. When the firefight begins they would jump off the vehicle.

Soldiers should be sittin on tanks and be carried around. When the firefight begins they would jump off the vehicle.

You can do that right now, Red Star Studios is doing that with their T-55 pack.

You should of course still have the "Get In" actions that are associated for small vehicles like trucks, but also the addition of a "Weapon Rifle" action so you or the AI could fire from the truck, and much more detailed animations so you don't just "appear" in the back seat. I don't think you would want to stand in the back of a truck hauling ass across bumpy terrain.

Now for vehicles like ships and large helicopters, the ability to walk or stand on/in a moving vehicle would be nice.

I voted yes to as same with thos other [96.43%] wink_o.gif but i will keep only my yes if you can stand/walk on some transport things because it looks very unreal if you are walking on a riding motorbike or some thing like that tounge_o.gif

Well i think it should really depend on the vehicle that you are standing on just like they have roadways in ofp now they could have some sort of walk around surface and some sort of freelook option where you could move your gun around while sitting in a vehicle or on one.

But I think it would be odd to see a truckload of soldiers aiming their weapons around when their isn't a target, this is what my above idea about a "Weapon M16/etc" action is about.

I believe there should be an incentive to sit down even if the vehicle has a "walkable surface" maybe when the terrain is rough you risk falling over the side unless sitting.

I believe there should be an incentive to sit down even if the vehicle has a "walkable surface" maybe when the terrain is rough you risk falling over the side unless sitting.

I like that idea, otherwise everyone'd just stand up in the back of a 5T truck and shoot out the back... still cool to have to actually get to a seat to sit down... etc... things like that

Do they read this? It'd be nice to get some kinda confirmation that they read it and get some stuff off of it.

If they would take a few mins every month to read this and say "WE thought this was a good Idea", it would at least let us know that

1: we arnt wasting our time in here.

2: Our suggestions may help the gameplay experience.

3: The topic names are at least being glasd at.

I know they have a lotta work to do, but.. I'd rather wait a month longer and have our suggestions here be read by the Big Boys.

Do they read this? It'd be nice to get some kinda confirmation that they read it and get some stuff off of it.

If they would take a few mins every month to read this and say "WE thought this was a good Idea", it would at least let us know that

1: we arnt wasting our time in here.

2: Our suggestions may help the gameplay experience.

3: The topic names are at least being glasd at.

I know they have a lotta work to do, but.. I'd rather wait a month longer and have our suggestions here be read by the Big Boys.

I think that they do read these forums and listen to the community.

They sure do, however, I think there is a valid point in this.

A little feeadback from their side could even help BIS. Imagine they stamp a topic as 'Seriously considered' - I bet this would encourage us to an in-depth brainstroming on this particular topic, considering pros 'n cons, possible exlpoits and other related stuff...

On the other hand, if they talk too early about too many stuff they are going to implement, we might see an OFP2 clone even before OFP2 is released crazy_o.gif

Competitors are watching you (j/k)

The problem isn't whether or not moving around on/ inside vehicles is a good idea, the problem is : is it possible in the new engine or not? I'd like it to be, but I really doubt it would be.

I voted yes, but only within reason. Are you going to be walking around in a moving 5t truck, or any car for that matter? No. You'll fall over, maybe even fall out. Maybe in a large airplane, less of a maybe in a helicopter (turbulence anyone?).

Ships/boats would be good to walk around in, large helicopters/medium sized aircraft. Cars: probably not.

Anyway, just within reason.

i clicked yes cuz:

huey's can hav ppl that shoot outta them, u don't just 'sit'

also, what;s a daredevil like me to do without airwalking?

what a waste of air miles!

walking in helis is a definate, as we need a crew chief who walks around on a safety line and opens doors etc mans guns.

A real blackhawk has 4 people operating it, we have 4 people in a SAR heli, 1 is medically trained, in OFP a 'PJ' as the americans call them could double as a medic, be able to use swimming equipment etc.

You can't wak around in a car, but and ability to lie down on seats or stick your head down, switch to empty seats, shoot out window, chuck handgrenade in driveby etc. would e nice, same in trucks. In a large plane you could walk around with safety line, and then have fun when you fall out, it's great in retrospect though it scares the shit out of you.

I'd also like to see the player/Ai forced to go to the right door before they can get in a car. No more standing at the drivers door and getting in the rear right seat. smile_o.gif

The problem isn't whether or not moving around on/ inside vehicles is a good idea, the problem is : is it possible in the new engine or not?  I'd like it to be, but I really doubt it would be.

Why do you doubt it?

I voted yes, but only within reason.  Are you going to be walking around in a moving 5t truck,

Yes u can, although OFP doesn`t quite capture the "OMG the suspension in this truck is hurting my ass" feel u get when ur in those trucks in real life :P

I think there should be 2 catagories for this question the first being full movement in big vehicles or if thats impossible for the engine then there could be multiple positions in the vehicle and the ability use weapons out the side smile_o.gif