Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Joint ammo and mag project (jam)

I have a question regarding sound. If I'm not mistaken, sound the sound of a weapon in OFP is determined by its magazine. Do you plan on using default sounds or incorporating custom sounds? If you plan on using custom sounds, how will/are you picking which sounds go to which magazines? I've seen the list of mods buying into this new system and most all of them have previously released weapon addons, and most all contain custom sounds. How are you going about choosing custom sounds without hurting anyones feelings (so to speak)? Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Good question, because the sound makes emptiing a mag, ass kickn ;)

We are incorporating custom sounds, most of the sounds at the minute have not been used in addons yet, they are very high quality, however BAS/Earl+Suchey/RHS will im sure haggle over what sounds the best, in the end im sure we'll end up with something sounding fantastic.

Thanks for the speedy answer.  As long as all addon makers involved with JAM have an equal say in what sounds are best, it sounds like JAM will work out great (sorry for the pun). smile_o.gif

well.. the most realistic sound ive heard so far has been Fliper's M4.. yeh pretty old.. but it sounded the closest to the real thing at full auto.. the Bis Sounds of the AK are pretty accurate (though ive never heard a real AK in person).. the reason i know form lots of film.. u can pretty much tell all sound the same.. and yeh i know about hollwood versions of guns.. but if it wasnt for those films i prolly wouldnt be interested in military gaming because i would not have been exposed to it.

the machine guns on the other hand.. lol lots of em to choose from hear.. TOW had good m249 sounds.. and so did Taiwain workshop. forgot what the codeblue ones sounded like.. but Inquisitor has a good m249 sound too.

And one request (This should be in BAS Update Thread) but could you please change all the Delta (S) models to the Delta Sniper / Mgunner because if they are so covert.. less of their face should be exposed and no patches on them at all.. just a really good idea!!! a very good one!!

thank you for your time.

well.. the most realistic sound ive heard so far has been Fliper's M4.. yeh pretty old.. but it sounded the closest to the real thing at full auto.. the Bis Sounds of the AK are pretty accurate (though ive never heard a real AK in person).. the reason i know form lots of film.. u can pretty much tell all sound the same.. and yeh i know about hollwood versions of guns.. but if it wasnt for those films i prolly wouldnt be interested in military gaming because i would not have been exposed to it.

the machine guns on the other hand.. lol lots of em to choose from hear.. TOW had good m249 sounds.. and so did Taiwain workshop. forgot what the codeblue ones sounded like.. but Inquisitor has a good m249 sound too.

And one request (This should be in BAS Update Thread) but could you please change all the Delta (S) models to the Delta Sniper / Mgunner because if they are so covert.. less of their face should be exposed and no patches on them at all.. just a really good idea!!! a very good one!!

thank you for your time.

Well atleast on the Delta(S) units rock.gif

Ok. I've been thinking about this one. Could the makers of JAM please join up with whoever is working on the SuperCPP project? It would be very handy to have a working example for how to make a TC mod JAM compliant. Not the whole CPP of course, just what the relevent sections should look like. That is assuming that it is possible to make a mod (and by that I mean a TC mod...so the original BIS units...not just some addons) JAM compliant.

Any thoughts?

Ok. I've been thinking about this one. Could the makers of JAM please join up with whoever is working on the SuperCPP project? It would be very handy to have a working example for how to make a TC mod JAM compliant. Not the whole CPP of course, just what the relevent sections should look like. That is assuming that it is possible to make a mod (and by that I mean a TC mod...so the original BIS units...not just some addons) JAM compliant.

Any thoughts?

Erm, no, we really dont have time to do that, although there is nothing stopping the super cpp guys doing this once it is released.

the Bis Sounds of the AK are pretty accurate (though ive never heard a real AK in person)

How can you say that if you haven´t heard it in real life? tounge_o.gif

I´ve fired a Finnish version of the AK-47 more times than I can count and it sounds a lot more like the sound that the FDF mod has for its AKs...

instead of the BIS *tok* it´s more like a loud *crack*. Just try the FDF mod smile_o.gif

The sound for the M249 in the Inquisitor weapons pack is from America's Army...one hopes that it is accurate. Gollum or anyone who has fired an AK47/AKM comment on how the AK sounds from AA are?

Please stop making one-word posts. You know who you are, noone cares about your postcount.

The sound for the M249 in the Inquisitor weapons pack is from America's Army...one hopes that it is accurate. Gollum or anyone who has fired an AK47/AKM comment on how the AK sounds from AA are?

I thought the AKs in America´s Army were AK-74Ms? Or do the OPFOR use different AKs in different missions? I really can´t remember...

But generally, all firearm sounds in games are too quiet and unrealistic, the AKs in AA sound pretty weak too.

But the Finnish Army only uses assault rifles/MGs that use 7.62 x 39mm Warsaw Pact bullets, so my experience ends there.

I always loved the sounds in Satchel's Dynamic Range Soundpack, but having never heard either of the guns in real life, I have little room to say what's right and what isn't

Nah, the best soudn pack I would have to say is from BattleSounds V1.1 fi your looking to dl a soundpack but hell the CBX M16a2 sound is Wicked Awe