Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Americas army: operations

If anything there are fewer cheats. They just started utilizing Punkbuster. Now there are complaints about not being able to complain. biggrin_o.gif

So, just finished downloading the full 1.90 version of AA:O and now the .exe tells me I am gonna install the game "Soldat" wich is another free game. I don't get this. Well I give up with this 1.90 version until it ships with the Swedish PC gamer DVD-ROM, wich should be next month. And I really wanted to do the combat medic training sad_o.gif

I should probably mention that the files being extracted from the ZIP are indeed Americas Army files. And not Soldat files.

I'm wondering why they didnt upgrade to the UT2k3 Engine, the graphics would be waaay better

I'm getting this strange bug where I suddenly get booted from the game to my main menu. Nobody's vote-kicked me or anything, I just suddenly end up at the main menu.

I think that happens when you play on leased servers.I've been kicked by Punkbuster, for 'unknown reasons'. rock.gif (only on leased servers).

Just stick with the official servers, and that might avoid that problem. smile_o.gif

i usually only play on official servers

another problem is dealing with nade spammers. i swear i get killed by a nade at least half the time, its pathetic.

Got 1.90 working biggrin_o.gif

The medic training is good fun. Sitting in class before a test was never more fun. Really, it was great! But the final exam was a bit (read: big) dissappointment. It would be better if you had to look trough your medkit etc. And put that pressure on the wound. Would be alot more realistic and "fun". And the way it was implemented in combat was also quite boring, I understand it is hard to to but it would be better if when heavily wounded you get incapacitaded. Then you have three-four minutes until you eventually die or pass out completly. And then the medic or another comrade has to go get you out of there. Then you are ready for treatment. And get back to a combat effective state. But still limping or having other signs of damge.

Overall 1.90 was nice, I love the new interface smile_o.gif

I'm getting this strange bug where I suddenly get booted from the game to my main menu.  Nobody's vote-kicked me or anything, I just suddenly end up at the main menu.

That has only happened to me when they closed the servers. Or managed to crash all the WCSE servers at the same time.

The medic training is good fun. Sitting in class before a test was never more fun. Really, it was great! But the final exam was a bit (read: big) dissappointment. It would be better if you had to look trough your medkit etc. And put that pressure on the wound. Would be alot more realistic and "fun". And the way it was implemented in combat was also quite boring, I understand it is hard to to but it would be better if when heavily wounded you get incapacitaded. Then you have three-four minutes until you eventually die or pass out completly. And then the medic or another comrade has to go get you out of there. Then you are ready for treatment. And get back to a combat effective state. But still limping or having other signs of damge.

That does actually happen. If your status is reduced to "red" then you move slower and have reduced accuracy.

I was sort of disappointed too. I went through 45+ minutes of lectures to "use" my patients? come on. they could of given us a little bandage as a weapon and shown blood on the casualty so we could at least shoot some bandages on his blood.

yeeea.... *daydreams*

That's probably my problem iNeo. I don't recall ever being able to find the server I was just on again, but I figured I just lost it.

ANG copying the Army?

They must have the AA:O servers in Leavenworth or something, I got a ping as low as 6 today.

6!!!

You know the ping on the score table is kinda off. Use stat net in console instead, in case you didn't.

Actually F1 ping is the most accurate one....

A clanmate of mine who hosted a AA server and played on it on LAN got about a ping of 20-30 in F1 but in stat net he got something like 70-80, even when i play on it i usually get 70-80 in F1 and about 150-180 in stat net wink_o.gif

Is there even much of a noticable difference between 60ms and 0ms? biggrin_o.gif

Is there even much of a noticable difference between 60ms and 0ms?  biggrin_o.gif

Yea cuz we play in http://www.teamwarfare.com/ and all the numnuts use stat net to check out pings and if the ping is higher then 250 or something then they can change to another server crazy_o.gif

Who had a problem with not being able to uninstall Army ops and how did you solve it? I noticed I have 2 Army ops in the Remove programs window, one is on 800-900 meg and the other one is around 1300, I can't uninstall the 800 one.

A clanmate of mine who hosted a AA server and played on it on LAN got about a ping of 20-30 in F1 but in stat net he got something like 70-80, even when i play on it i usually get 70-80 in F1 and about 150-180 in stat net wink_o.gif

That doesn't mean that F1 is more accurate.

I needed several attempts to install the game/patch as well. Downloaded both, patch and full version, several times, because I always got errors, e.g. CRC error while decompressing the .msi, the patch failed while copying some files (leavenworth.aao). Full install failed because of apparently wrong files, one texture and one weapon sound file.

Finally I got the .exe version of the patch running (I think, there are also .zip versions floating around). The problem with the leavenworth.aao was that it was write protected and the patch was not able to update it (and one or two more afterwards). Made the whole subdirectory writable and it worked fine...

Oh, and yes, I had also two versions of the game in the software list, but both uninstalled w/o problems, iirc.

I am not sure, but initially the medic was called Combat Life Saver, and as such he would be combatant. Medics are indeed protected by Geneva Convention and only allowed to have sidearms for self-defense. (iirc again wink_o.gif )

Who had a problem with not being able to uninstall Army ops and how did you solve it? I noticed I have 2 Army ops in the Remove programs window, one is on 800-900 meg and the other one is around 1300, I can't uninstall the 800 one.

F1 is the scoreboard right and stat nets just the little network monitor.

I hate games engines like the quake 3 and UT2k3 which have a console but don`t include a readme to telll u all the damn commands mad_o.gif

I also hate the stupid punkbuster program for its lag and bug issues mad_o.gif

F1 is the scoreboard right and stat nets  just the little network monitor.

I hate games engines like the quake 3 and UT2k3 which have a console but don`t include a readme to telll u all the damn commands   mad_o.gif

I also hate the stupid punkbuster program for its lag and bug issues  mad_o.gif

Having punkbuster is better than the alternatives blues.gif

I actually like this game. The netcode is great - Im on a 56k modem and can actually play this game without tooo much lag. It's like counterstrike, only you die when you get shot.

It's like counterstrike, only you die when you get shot.

lol biggrin_o.gif

I never played CS blues.gif except one time on a LAN..and it was sh*t..shame on that nasty hard drive mad_o.gif

My Honor in AA:AO is still kinda low (14)...but it´ll stay so until i get the Game running again. I wonder if they banned Germans crazy_o.gif

I'm still playing 1.7 and enjoying it. 1.9 is on it's way though (problably done downloading when I'm awake). I really enjoy those airborne maps, well actually only the FARP is available to me. Hopefully that will change tomorrow.

The only thing I don't like are those guys trying to votekick somebody because he's patient (omg, dOOd, a CAMPER!! f*cking camper! kick his ass!), I've seen this twice and the votekick failed (at one time the "camper" actually won the round for his team, those rushers rushed to their deaths on a stair...).

My honor is still very low since I dont play that often (still with 10 but I think I should get 11 soon). Good game. I wonder what you would get if you crossed ofp with AAO...  smile_o.gif

edit:

I tried CS and didn't liked it, also tried firearms and that was dissapointing too, too arcade like... + that weird l33t language... What's wrong with normal English anyway... rock.gif

edit2:

By the way, if anybody sees "pvt. Hiney", that would be me biggrin_o.gif

Hey we should get a round toghter of People that play operation flashpoint that play AAO

AA is nothing like CS, its completly different, if u had posted that on the official forums they would have flamed your ass blues.gif

AA is nothing like CS, its completly different, if u had posted that on the official forums they would have flamed your ass blues.gif

No way! The extremely mature, adult community of CS, who are not at all ritalin deprived angry kids, would flame someone? NO WAY!