Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Buy an acre of the moon?

I saw this on a show one time, so I guess it is real.

But i think it is hard to say how many contries will have the ability to send space shuttle to the moon, and I afraid many ocntries may will not admit the document at that time  sad_o.gif

I think that those lunar deeds things are RUBBISH and tacky and someone just trying to make money.

You are never going to have chance to go there, and you would probably lose track of where your land is, so it would be worthless.

I want to see someone sue NASA for trespassing or they sell their plot to the Russian government or something smile_o.gif

The Outer Space treaty covers this. No person/government can lay claim to any planetary body or sattelite. They are all considered international.

Might as well tear up your deeds now.

*Jamesia puts on heavy southern american accent*

GET OFF MA LAND!!!!!!

The Outer Space treaty covers this. No person/government can lay claim to any planetary body or sattelite. They are all considered international.

Might as well tear up your deeds now.

It depends who has the bigger army blues.gif

I wonder how a "Jebedia family" would live on the moon. biggrin_o.gif

I think it would be a good investment if you buy 1 acre of land on the moon... bet it would be 100000% more expensive if humanity wishes to expand territory on the moon some day.

$30 for a few pieces of paper?

Sold! crazy_o.gif

God bless capitalism! biggrin_o.gif

flagwaving_med.jpg

I love it! The world has been so Americanized that people have to rely on us for colloguial stereotypes! You'll be getting your fun size American flag in the mail very soon:

Girl%20waving%20flag.JPG

as badgerboy said, the treaty pretty much says it all. Most of the ppl who buy these things do for fun. but some are..... wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Why bother with the teenie tiny moon when you could have THE SUN. Act now and get free heating. wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

You can pay to name stars tho...

When my niece died at the age of 2, we paid for a Star to be named after her, and its official!

Gonna be a problem when we get invaded by aliens from Danielle Reyne Evans...

You can pay to name stars tho...

When my niece died at the age of 2, we paid for a Star to be named after her, and its official!

Gonna be a problem when we get invaded by aliens from Danielle Reyne Evans...

I have some bad news for you -- those guys take the stars they have named for someone, put everything in a book, and register it with the U.S. Copyright Office. They (the International Star Registry) thus gets to enjoy both your money and U.S. copyright protection, which allows them to recover damages if someone decides to print copies of the book.

Does that prevent me from naming the same stars after someone else? No, of course not. As long as I don't take the contents of their book, I'm free to do as I please.

The only people who get to assign internationally recognized names for celestial objects are the scientists who discover them.

Its bogus. Basically as bogus as all the trees me and my classmates bought way back in 6th grade or whatever. We bought loads and loads of trees to save the rainforest. I never visited "my land" though. And I am not even sure I ever owned any smile_o.gif