Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e superstallion

I mean sure there are a couple of problems, like the textures disappearing at long range, but it's a good chopper, better than I could do so thanks. biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Ok so far these issues have been dealt with...

-Handling

-LOD Textures fixed in the jungle version

-Gearup sound and script errors.

Some other minor things. An update will soon be up for download. If you see a bug in the update then either I didn't know about it, or most likely its an ofp bug.

Have you altered the original download files or are you gonna post a new lot?

Whoohoow Cool 1 and nice job and those bugs... Nah i dont watch them because i have seen more buggyer things then this and this is a nice made Addon and i love it keep it going Scorp smile_o.gif

And now you are sayign yuo fixed some stuff right? are you going to release a Fix or are you going to wait till the Roadway Bug is fixed? because if you want to fix it just akse BAS on how they did it smile_o.gif

And now for the guys who are having problems with your cool addon:

If you got some problems with the Speed i got 2 solutions for you:

1: DE-PBO the Addon(S). open up the CPP shearch for this txt: maxSpeed=140; and edit to your needs. crazy_o.gif

2: If you have more problems Dont Download this nice addon and leave this Topic for what it is that is better for Scorpio and for the moderators so Download and post comments or if you dont like: Dont Download it and leave this Topic alone  crazy_o.gif

And yet again its a verry nice addon and i hope that you come with a Fix soon so i can have more fun with it then i have now ( if thats posible :P biggrin_o.gif )

Whoohoow Cool 1 and nice job and those bugs... Nah i dont watch them because i have seen more buggyer things then this and this is a nice made Addon and i love it keep it going Scorp smile_o.gif

And now you are sayign yuo fixed some stuff right? are you going to release a Fix or are you going to wait till the Roadway Bug is fixed? because if you want to fix it just akse BIS on how they did it smile_o.gif

And now for the guys who are having problems with your cool addon:

If you got some problems with the Speed i got 2 solutions for you:

1: DE-PBO the Addon(S). open up the CPP shearch for this txt: maxSpeed=140; and edit to your needs. crazy_o.gif

2: If yuo have more problems Dont Download this nice addon and leave this Topic for what it is that is better for Scorpion and for the moderators so Download and post comments or if you dont like: Dont Download it and leave this Topic alone  crazy_o.gif

BIS ? you mean BAS?

and its Scorpio not Scorpion wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

just messin with ya tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ok so far these issues have been dealt with...

-Handling

-LOD Textures fixed in the jungle version

-Gearup sound and script errors.

Some other minor things. An update will soon be up for download. If you see a bug in the update then either I didn't know about it, or most likely its an ofp bug.

Excellent news smile_o.gif

@CoolCarlos2002 :Yea alright but wy is this his name then?

Scorpio

Advanced Member

Group: ModMaker

So tell me :P biggrin_o.gif

But keep it up smile_o.gif

Excellent work, looking really cool. I'll go and play with it as soon as I have some spare time. Keep up the good work! biggrin_o.gif

And now you are sayign yuo fixed some stuff right? are you going to release a Fix or are you going to wait till the Roadway Bug is fixed? because if you want to fix it just akse BAS on how they did it smile_o.gif

The roadway issue is debateable... choppers in OFP wern't supposed to have a Roadway LOD. If i put one in it'll mess all the scripts up, ect. Don't ask me how BAS done it still. wink_o.gif

oh btw... one thing i forgot to mention in the features... you can get bulletholes when the chopper takes damage. Thought it would be a pretty nice effect.

This choppers pretty advance, when the pilot or doorgunner died you get to take their place, I averted 2 crashes because of that. Very cool.

Um ok Scorpio to bad but well you can get in contact with BAS to help you out with the bug so we can walk in it then ( finaly :P ) but if you want i can aske around to how they did it and send it to you if you want just give a yel and il be here smile_o.gif

The roadway issue is debateable... choppers in OFP wern't supposed to have a Roadway LOD. If i put one in it'll mess all the scripts up, ect. Don't ask me how BAS done it still. wink_o.gif

oh btw... one thing i forgot to mention in the features... you can get bulletholes when the chopper takes damage. Thought it would be a pretty nice effect.

I have a roadway LOD in my Osprey and i can drive jeep into it. You need to configure some mass (0.111 can be) for roadway field in the Geometry LOD and of course past this "roadway" in the roadway LOD. That's it.

Oh, and choppers in OFP are supported by roadway but that how i've said, You need to have roadway field in geometry LOD configured by mass.

I have a roadway LOD in my Osprey and i can drive jeep into it. You need to configure some mass (0.111 can be) for roadway field in the Geometry LOD and of course past this "roadway" in the roadway LOD. That's it.

Thanks but that is of no relevance. I can drive a jeep into mine and walk around it if it had a roadway lod. It's just that the roadway lod messes stuff up, especially the scripts.

@TYsiEK

yeah but you'll get some strange height values sometimes and that has an effect on scripts which ask for the height.

Oh so i know what's the problem. That's why i can't make works my script which check the height of the chopper. This is an script for gears. The guys from BAS wouldn't help You because this MH-47E have the same problem sad_o.gif .We can hear the "engines on sound" when game is starting with flying chopper. Anyway it's to small OFP bug to accept it by an BIS sad_o.gif .Like multiple animations and multiple gunner positions. We must wait for OFP2.

Just to clarify things...has the "druken pig" sober'd up?...or is it still sleeping it off?...in other words have the fixes been uploaded to download, or is that yet to come?...wasn't sure from your post scorp?

Sleepin' off. wink_o.gif

Hopefully tomorrow. Meanwhile you're welcome for some requests.

Drunken Pig? Sounds like my kinda people. biggrin_o.gif

Now I just need it to have an M2HB, and the MI-26 with an NSV, so I can have some sort of bizarre clash of the titans dogfight in a 1v1 deathmatch. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@302_Dragon... I received your email which took mehere. I highly disagree with you about it being a CH-53D. I mean you keep saying "ch-53d has this, this and this - this one doesnt"... well thats because it's supposed to be a CH-53E.  

I've had another marine (Dirtman) look at it in beta testing stages... and he says it's pretty accurate. Maybe we can discuss this later over mail.

I understand that many people were disappointed about the flight characteristics... but I did say that it wasn't perfect. If you want a better one, wait for an update, or wait for BAS's one. I don't make addons for a bunch of strangers over the net, I make them for myself. Thanks anyway.

Hello Scorpio,

I apologize for my original post. I did not write that post, my asshole friend did and I have already talked to him about it.

I have already emailed Scorpio with two sets of blueprints...one for the CH53E and one for the CH53D. This should help him with the disagreement on what actual model CH53 he built. Also when you MSN me please invite Dirtman with you so we can all discuss this. He is confused at which model CH53 he saw...it's very easy to mistake the two if you are not around them everyday like myself. The same goes for F-18's, harriers and so on.

Now about my review. My review was 100% acurate and anyone who knows these two helicopters like I do will say the same thing. If you go to http://www.dragon-horde.com and read the review I did there are two sets of pictures. one set is of the Echo ("CH53E")and the other set is of the Delta ("CH53D") these pictures are of real CH53's the two deltas are from my squadron here in Hawaii, HMH-463. They were taken, by me, while on deployment to the phillipines and korea. If you are interested you check it out.

Also like I stated in my email and my review myself and a few other CH53 Mechanices are willing to consult with you about both models of CH53 and help you get it as close to the real thing as you want it. Again I apologize for my friends post.

LOL not really...I just don't want people to think I'm flaming. My friend wanted to reply to a post on here and he didn't tell me what it was about until I was already done with my review. He was still waiting for his email confirmation to get sent to him for this forum and I told him he could use mine. He was helping me test the addon at the time and I didn't know he was going to be an ass in the forums.

Thanks Dragon...I've replied to your mail.

Ok, here's a page I just put up listing a FAQ of the known issues. Also, there's an important note to the community below it. Please read it.

Click here.

Also, there's an important note to the community below it.

It reads "Expect the unexpected". crazy_o.gif

Also, there's an important note to the community below it.

It reads "Expect the unexpected". crazy_o.gif

Why do I even bother. wink_o.gif